BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews

EXXEL Distributions

03-05-2009, 04:44 PM   #155
aajami
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Space Gray '09 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerktown View Post
Just got an email from the dealer - my car is there and ready! aajami, you should be hearing the same shortly, if you haven't already
Yup, on the phone with him now Car was released today, and it'll be ready for pickup tomorrow AM. When are you picking yours up?
Mods: M Performance exhaust | ZCP retrofit | Euro airbox | GTS DCT flash | JPN 240 ECU flash | Euro LCI taillights | CRT lip | OEM alarm retrofit | Space Gray bumper plugs | BMW Performance: Mk. II spoiler / Mk. II non-electronic steering wheel / mirror caps / front grilles / side gills / intake louvers / emblem
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2009, 05:24 PM   #156
Jerktown
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 09 E90 M3-DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by aajami View Post
Yup, on the phone with him now Car was released today, and it'll be ready for pickup tomorrow AM. When are you picking yours up?
Currently haggling with the Internet Sales Mgr. on my trade-in price If he can't get to $8000, then I have to get up to Sac to sell my RSX and get someone to drive me back, etc, which makes it all a giant PITA. If he can do $8000, then hopefully tomorrow afternoon or Saturday.
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2009, 12:44 AM   #157
aajami
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Space Gray '09 E92 M3

Scratch that. It's Monday for me now. The car won't be ready tomorrow after all -- what a downer.
Mods: M Performance exhaust | ZCP retrofit | Euro airbox | GTS DCT flash | JPN 240 ECU flash | Euro LCI taillights | CRT lip | OEM alarm retrofit | Space Gray bumper plugs | BMW Performance: Mk. II spoiler / Mk. II non-electronic steering wheel / mirror caps / front grilles / side gills / intake louvers / emblem
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2009, 01:59 AM   #158
Jerktown
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by aajami View Post
Scratch that. It's Monday for me now. The car won't be ready tomorrow after all -- what a downer.
Sucks. We got there on the trade-in, so I'm hoping tomorrow for me.
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2009, 03:00 AM   #159
lincoln
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 Melbourne Red Coupe - DCT

Picked mine up today. setting up iphone, settings, etc. was a breeze. Car drives great. DCT isn't automatic, but I wasn't expecting it to be and with that in mind, the lag doesn't bother me. Great car - need to detail it, but other than that, it's great. Good luck on your guy's cars. Cheers.
      03-06-2009, 03:39 AM   #160
golemite
Sleeper
United_States
Rep
Drives: B5 S4/E92 M3

congrats!
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2009, 02:17 PM   #161
ColoCane
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by lincoln View Post
Picked mine up today.
I'm jealous, Lincoln. Enjoy the ride. I'm tempted to post a poll for new drivers, "How long before the smile wears off when you drive off the lot???"

'97 E36 M3 Sedan Hellrot Red/Black; '03 E46 330Ci Met. Gray/Black; '06 E46 330Ci ZPF Imola Red/Saddle
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2009, 01:32 AM   #162
Jerktown
Private First Class
Rep

Got mine today! Already scraped the underside of the lip on the concrete stopper in my parking spot It was gonna happen sooner or later, so at least that's out of the way. When I felt under there, couldn't feel any roughness though, so I think maybe I was scraping the bolt. Gonna have to have my landlord move that thing, since I'm hanging out of my spot with it how it is - waaay less front clearance than my RSX. Car's awesome, though, and so far I'm liking the DCT, in S4. Biggest beef is the autodim rearview mirror, which gets way too dark when there're headlights on behind me.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2009, 08:02 PM   #163
lincoln
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 Melbourne Red Coupe - DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerktown View Post
Got mine today! Already scraped the underside of the lip on the concrete stopper in my parking spot It was gonna happen sooner or later, so at least that's out of the way. When I felt under there, couldn't feel any roughness though, so I think maybe I was scraping the bolt. Gonna have to have my landlord move that thing, since I'm hanging out of my spot with it how it is - waaay less front clearance than my RSX. Car's awesome, though, and so far I'm liking the DCT, in S4. Biggest beef is the autodim rearview mirror, which gets way too dark when there're headlights on behind me.
I was thinking the same thing about the autodim rearview, but I'm hoping that'll get better with back tint. I'm not sure why they have D1-5/S1-5... or I'm not sensitive enough at the moment b/c I really can't tell the difference w/ 1 notch increments. D1 to D5? Sure, I can tell a slight difference. Try to tell the difference between D3 or D4? Not so keen... the best news for me is that the lag that everyone is pissed about doesn't bother me too much. Actually, I don't mind it one bit. Who knows, after the initial stage of being just shocked driving a new car, maybe I'll be more sensitive to things... for now, ignorance is bliss.
      03-07-2009, 10:24 PM   #164
Jerktown
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lincoln View Post
I was thinking the same thing about the autodim rearview, but I'm hoping that'll get better with back tint. I'm not sure why they have D1-5/S1-5... or I'm not sensitive enough at the moment b/c I really can't tell the difference w/ 1 notch increments. D1 to D5? Sure, I can tell a slight difference. Try to tell the difference between D3 or D4? Not so keen... the best news for me is that the lag that everyone is pissed about doesn't bother me too much. Actually, I don't mind it one bit. Who knows, after the initial stage of being just shocked driving a new car, maybe I'll be more sensitive to things... for now, ignorance is bliss.
I hadn't thought of backtint - that may be way to go - it feels a little unsafe the way it is, where if there are headlights behind me, then all I can see are the headlights. I was double-parked waiting for my girlfriend while she ran into a store, and a bicyclist right behind me was almost totally invisible - in San Francisco, I need a clear view in my mirrors, since there's constantly cars and motorcycles and bicycles and scooters and pedestrians flying around everywhere 360 degrees. I may experiment with covering the sensor that's on the mirror face.

I put about 200 miles on today, on 35, 84, and 9 - and holy christ is this car awesome. I was flying through there, my girlfriend getting tossed back and forth like crazy, and I know I haven't even come close to the car's limits. It's insane. I ticked barely above 5500 a couple of times by accident, and I brushed 105ish momentarily, so generally stayed within the break-in rules - it's crazy to think what it'll be like when I can use the entire range.

I haven't noticed the lag, but I've been in S and manually shifting the whole time, and it doesn't present itself when you do that. I did a little D1 on the way home from the dealer, didn't like it much - I felt it was making pretty crappy decisions, but while I got settled into the car, it was good so I had one less thing to think about (keeping it under 5500). I have mainly been in S3, S4, and S5, and I can clearly tell the difference between them. S3 -> S4, you can feel the difference, and hear it too (awesome throttle blips). S4 -> S5, I can clearly feel, too, where S5 feels a little jerky sometimes - maybe cuz I'm not shifting at natural shift points sometimes- I'm finding I like S4 the most, so far.
Appreciate 0