BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

BPM

07-13-2013, 07:48 PM   #45
BPMSport
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: Harrop M3 / F10 M5 / F82 M4

Garage List
2000 BMW M5  [0.00]
1990 BMW 735i Turbo  [0.00]
2008 BMW M3  [7.50]
2015 BMW M3  [0.00]
2015 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsmack View Post
Mike, If I were to get this tune first and purchase test pipes, an intake, and a catback later, would the initial purchase price cover the cost of Stage 2? Would there be a cost to reflash? Trying to determine if I should get the hardware first or the tune first. Would much rather have the tune first if it financially makes sense but don't want to pay twice if not necessary.
PMed.

-----| Like us on Facebook | Instagram || Tuning Information | Remote Coding |-----
----Visit us at www.BPMSport.com - Emotion. Driven. | Toll Free: (888) 557-5133----
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2013, 02:55 AM   #46
EliteM3
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 M3

To the poster who asked about the tunes value with stock exhaust. I have only the oem exhaust mod (stock muffler cut open and replaced perforated pipes), and an AA green air filter only.

It's worth it.
      07-14-2013, 02:56 AM   #47
TMR
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longboarder
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMR
Yes, I got the tune on Sunday and man, I am loving all of it. The DCT, Servotronic and the power it makes. Good Job BPM!
So did you ditch the Procede/meth?
It's not installed on the car because I broke my ww tank ( stupid front 295's 😜 ) but honestly, don't think I'll be putting it back on the car. My cousin has the proceed and meth so will do a Dyno day for both cars soon. Even if he makes more power, the other changes that BPM made will keep me running this tune.
SOLD E39 M5 Modded, What a great car! www.tmrmzine.com/m5/
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2013, 04:05 AM   #48
OC3
Havin' a blast!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3 E92 Jerez Blk DCT ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by EliteM3 View Post
Folks,

For those of you with DCT on our beloved M3's, run...do not walk...to BPM Sport to get the DCT software upgrade. I finally found the funds enough to get Mr. Benvo's Stage 1 tune, DCT software, and Servotronic upgrade.

Mike has given me no incentive to post this review, and the comments are my own. Before I purchased the tunes, I was somewhat skeptical. Even with all the praise, I wondered if I would really appreciate the differences and feel my money was well spent.

Now that I have the nearly holy trinity of tunes (still have my Cat's, otherwise Stage 2 tune would fully complete it), I have to say, _THE_ tune to get before anything else is the DCT software upgrade. Why?

1) Cold Start transmission bucking is all but gone
2) Downshifts in D-modes are now silky smooth
3) Downshifts in S-modes are SO much less "lungy". It doesn't feel like you are letting go of the brakes to rev match nearly as bad as before.
4) Upshifts under WOT in modes 4-6 are firm but also somehow not as jolting as before. The car leaps forward now.

and finally, this one put a permanent smile on my soul...

5) Launch Control at 3500 RPM, goes from Zero to Holy Sh!% with little-to-no wheel spin, Leaping forward with every gear with a chirp of the tires. I NEVER used to use it, because frankly...it sucked. The car does NOT creep forward anymore, it wont eat your tires like before, and you can be sure that it is a feature that you will want to use now.

I know BPM Sport needs NO additional publicity, but after coming back from my test drive, I just HAD to share the giddy smile and feeling I have for my car.

I loved it before, but now, my wife and child will be jealous of the praise I am going to continually give it moving forward.

GREAT Job Mr. Benvo, and I look forward to what you come up with next.

P.S. I am glad the car didn't come this way from the factory. This way I can truly appreciate the mod for what it is.
Funny, I've never experienced those (1-4) issues in both of my DCT cars. Not sure if it's because I daily in S5 and track in S6?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYZ View Post
These reviews are so over the top! I guess I would have to drive one of these cars to be truly convinced. Anyone with a BPM tune in the Valley willing?
Same here, SoCal.
BRP 1:56 | CVR 2:01 | ACS 1:53 | WSIR 1:34
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2013, 11:10 AM   #49
CSanto
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BSM/SO M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by creaminz View Post
Doesn't ESS has their own DCT update? I thought people who has ES SC had their DCT software updated when they send their DME for tuning?
I wish, they charge an additional 1k for the DCT software I believe. Crazy since I spent about 10.5 on a blower.
Appreciate 0