BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Coding / ConnectedDrive / Audio-Video / Electronics / Bluetooth / I-Drive & Nav

European Auto Source (EAS)

08-03-2018, 03:39 PM   #1
bighindu79
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: E93 M3 Jerez Black/Fox Red bla

Activating Sattelite Radio (2013 e9x)

Hi,

I did a search before writing this post and couldn't find a post that provided a straight answer to my question.

I have a 2013 e93 M3 which has the sattelite prep. Is activating the SDARS option via ncsexpert/dummy in the CIC module is all that's require for me to get the sattelite radio option activated and appear in the iDrive screen? I understand that I have to subscribe with Sirius and get them to activate my service but do I need to do any additional coding to get sattelite radio functioning?

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2018, 08:50 PM   #2
bighindu79
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Anyone? I got the satellite radio option to appear in the iDrive menu but there is no assigned ESN number and I can't change channels. I called Sirius and they sent a refresh signal twice but still nothing.
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2018, 05:46 PM   #3
brettcp
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 E93 M3

I don't know if this helps, but I had an E93 M3, I believe it was a 2011, which did not come with Sirius. I had it remotely enabled (coding), and seem to recall that it didn't have the Sirius antenna present - I had to buy it and plug it in under the shark-fin on the trunk lid. I may be wrong but this is what I seem to remember.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2018, 03:12 AM   #4
BPMSport
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: Harrop M3 / F10 M5 / F82 M4

Garage List
2000 BMW M5  [0.00]
1990 BMW 735i Turbo  [0.00]
2008 BMW M3  [7.50]
2015 BMW M3  [0.00]
2015 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bighindu79 View Post
Anyone? I got the satellite radio option to appear in the iDrive menu but there is no assigned ESN number and I can't change channels. I called Sirius and they sent a refresh signal twice but still nothing.
If there is no ESN listed then the proper certificate hasn't been loaded. Enabling the option with coding doesn't allow you to then receive Sirius. We offer this service if you are interested, and it also comes with a free year.

-----| Like us on Facebook | Instagram || Tuning Information | Remote Coding |-----
----Visit us at www.BPMSport.com - Emotion. Driven. | Toll Free: (888) 557-5133----
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2018, 08:14 PM   #5
Freiheit
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 Competition Coupe

Quote:
How did you get the option to appear? I'm in the same boat you're in. The car shows satellite radio prep, but not satellite radio.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2018, 09:23 AM   #6
bighindu79
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freiheit View Post
Quote:
How did you get the option to appear? I'm in the same boat you're in. The car shows satellite radio prep, but not satellite radio.
I updated the CIC module and set SDARS to activ from nicht_activ. That made the satellite radio option appear in the iDrive menu. However; I still did not have a signal, which turned to be related to an fsc code. Uploading an fsc code was beyond my coding skills so I ended up paying a local coder to generate and upload the fsc code to the head unit. That resolved the no signal issue and all the channels appeared.

In short, I learned a lot about coding and saved a few bucks by doing some of the work myself.

Good luck with your retrofit! PM me if you have any questions and I'll help where I can.
Appreciate 0