BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Coding / ConnectedDrive / Audio-Video / Electronics / Bluetooth / I-Drive & Nav

European Auto Source (EAS)

07-24-2015, 09:00 AM   #23
warrior3313
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Searching

So I purchased the Tune2Air WMA3000B but it doesn't display my album art. I wonder if its because I am running the Public Beta of iOS9? It doesnt seem like there is a way to update the Tune2Air itself. Maybe I need to update the firmware on my iDrive?
Macht Schnell Intake Scoops
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2015, 10:40 PM   #24
Move Over
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M3 6MT

Mine doesn't either...didn't know it could lol
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2015, 04:37 PM   #25
Iyzmi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 6MT ESS625

I just purchased the WMA3000B since I'm using my WMA1000 in my other car and didn't want to deal with swapping it in and out so often. The 3000 was cheaper than the 1000 this time so I figured I'd save $20 bucks since there is no difference in functionality that I'm aware of. I will let you guys know if I do notice any differences though once I get it!
      08-04-2015, 06:29 PM   #26
team23jordan
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

any updates? I just ordered the 3000 from amazon
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2015, 08:38 AM   #27
warrior3313
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Searching

The 3000 works great. I confirmed with the company that it DOES NOT show the album art over Bluetooth. I thought it did but that was my mistake I guess.
Macht Schnell Intake Scoops
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2015, 11:30 AM   #28
Iyzmi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by team23jordan View Post
any updates? I just ordered the 3000 from amazon
Yup, installed it last night. Works the exact same as my 1000.
      08-20-2015, 06:31 PM   #29
Iyzmi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Just found a glitch with my tune2air. In order for the track info and music controls to work, you must have at least one song purchased through iTunes and stored locally on your iPhone. I had that U2 album that everybody got for free on my phone and decided to delete it a few days ago in effort to free up some space. Well that was a bad idea because as soon as I did that, I lost track info in Spotify, Pandora, and my Podcasts. Took me like 3 days to figure out why it stopped working all of the sudden when I haven't updated or changed anything on my phone. Everything worked fine when I connected my girlfriend's iPhone so I figured it couldn't be an issue with the Bluetooth device itself. I don't own any music through iTunes and apparently you can't re download the U2 album after deleting it so I had to go and purchase a 69c song just to get everything to work again. Lesson learned. If anyone has trouble seeing track info and skipping songs, keep this in mind.
      08-20-2015, 07:57 PM   #30
Brian_Fantana
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 Alpine white E90 M3 DCT

Garage List
2009 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjd598
Quote:
Originally Posted by alxmlr789 View Post
When it's set up properly, it sounds great. Turn the EQ off on your phone and turn input volume on your car to 2. Not CD quality, but equivalent to AUX quality I would say.
sound quality has been the only thing holding me back from getting this. most people say bt streaming will reduce the quality compared to an aux input, which makes sense.
Sound quality is decent. Honestly if the music is on your phone it should be pretty clear. If you stream a lot like I do I have noticed a correlation between the bit rate at which your streaming and how crisp it sounds.

Plus for whatever reason I have lost the ability to change the track on my steering wheel and the album art stopped appearing on Idrive screen.

Perhaps guys using apple music have had different experiences. I'm a spotify user primarily cause of its high bit rate of streaming. There may be some compatibility issues there?

The very best method? Buy a hard drive download a bunch of music in a lossless format and just leave it plugged into the glove box.
      08-20-2015, 09:28 PM   #31
X5-User
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: X5 35d

Just wondering, why don't many people use HD on the car? You can store songs there and play it. Is there anything Tune2Air do special?
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2015, 08:24 AM   #32
Iyzmi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian_Fantana View Post
Sound quality is decent. Honestly if the music is on your phone it should be pretty clear. If you stream a lot like I do I have noticed a correlation between the bit rate at which your streaming and how crisp it sounds.

Plus for whatever reason I have lost the ability to change the track on my steering wheel and the album art stopped appearing on Idrive screen.

Perhaps guys using apple music have had different experiences. I'm a spotify user primarily cause of its high bit rate of streaming. There may be some compatibility issues there?

The very best method? Buy a hard drive download a bunch of music in a lossless format and just leave it plugged into the glove box.
Do you have any music stored locally on your phone in Apple Music? I don't use Apple Music either (primarily use Spotify) but like I said in my post above, you need to have at least one song for the track info and controls to work with ANY music app through iDrive.

There's no need to get an external HD as our cars have a HD built in, as mentioned by Bimmer-M3 below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer-M3 View Post
Just wondering, why don't many people use HD on the car? You can store songs there and play it. Is there anything Tune2Air do special?
I don't own any music. I stream all my music through Spotify so I've got nothing to load onto the HD. I also like to listen to Podcasts from my phone so obviously that also can't be loaded to the HD.
      08-21-2015, 01:23 PM   #33
Brian_Fantana
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 Alpine white E90 M3 DCT

Garage List
2009 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iyzmi
Quote:

Do you have any music stored locally on your phone in Apple Music? I don't use Apple Music either (primarily use Spotify) but like I said in my post above, you need to have at least one song for the track info and controls to work with ANY music app through iDrive.

There's no need to get an external HD as our cars have a HD built in, as mentioned by Bimmer-M3 below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer-M3 View Post
I don't own any music. I stream all my music through Spotify so I've got nothing to load onto the HD. I also like to listen to Podcasts from my phone so obviously that also can't be loaded to the HD.
Good to know about needing one song downloaded. I wasn't aware of that. I'll have to endure whatever song I choose to annoy me when the Bluetooth automatically turns on when I start the car.
      08-21-2015, 01:59 PM   #34
Iyzmi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Good to know about needing one song downloaded. I wasn't aware of that. I'll have to endure whatever song I choose to annoy me when the Bluetooth automatically turns on when I start the car.
Yeah... Hopefully this glitch will be resolved in some future firmware update. I'm not holding my breath though.

FWIW, I just emailed their support address with this glitch so we'll see if they do anything about it.

Last edited by Iyzmi; 08-21-2015 at 02:11 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2015, 06:02 AM   #35
Move Over
Colonel
Rep

Haha. My wife is so sick of the start up song. There's a couple of small quirks with the tune2air but for 72 bucks, it is totally worth it.

I did have to reset all the settings on my phone at one point because the tune2air would not recognize it. That was quite annoying, but it seemed to be my phones fault.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2015, 10:41 PM   #36
Honda
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iyzmi View Post
Yeah... Hopefully this glitch will be resolved in some future firmware update. I'm not holding my breath though.

FWIW, I just emailed their support address with this glitch so we'll see if they do anything about it.
Is there a free song that I can download on iTunes? I can't find any free song. What happened to the link that used to be on right corner o itunes
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2015, 10:05 AM   #37
Iyzmi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by S65-M3 View Post
Is there a free song that I can download on iTunes? I can't find any free song. What happened to the link that used to be on right corner o itunes
I couldn't find a free one. Ended up paying 69c for some random song.
      10-11-2015, 10:00 PM   #38
PandaM3
Captain
Rep
Drives:

So I have a 2008 ccc idrive without the USB in the armrest for the iPhone.

Can I just plug this into the aux + plug the USB portion into a USB cig adapter?

And just use my phone as the interface?

I don't care about using the idrive interface or track names etc
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2015, 10:09 AM   #39
Move Over
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by PandaM3 View Post

Can I just plug this into the aux + plug the USB portion into a USB cig adapter?

Yes, you can just plug it straight in and control it through your phone. I do that for Spotify. Works just fine.
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2015, 10:13 AM   #40
Iyzmi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:

If you don't care about track names and such, save your money and get a cheaper adapter like this:
http://www.amazon.com/BriteLink-Blue...etooth+adapter

There are a bunch of bluetooth adapters for under $20 on Amazon that will do the trick.
      10-13-2015, 10:49 PM   #41
PandaM3
Captain
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iyzmi
Quote:

If you don't care about track names and such, save your money and get a cheaper adapter like this:
http://www.amazon.com/BriteLink-Blue...etooth+adapter

There are a bunch of bluetooth adapters for under $20 on Amazon that will do the trick.
I ended up ordering something similar on Amazon.

Rockford RFBTAUX Universal Bluetooth Car Adapter for Wireless Streaming https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00I4WYXAO..._I9ChwbYHC6ZPD

I would get one of the other Bluetooth adapter devices but if you scroll to the picture it's of the device connected in an e90 with the same aux and cig setup that I have ... And it's a pretty clean solution.
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2015, 03:02 PM   #42
virjose
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 E93 M3

Do these solutions work with the phones by auto playing/stopping streaming? I got a cheapo adapter and while it streams music, it does not display track info, provide steering wheel controls, but more importantly it does not stop the music from playing when I turn off the car, it will continue to play in my pocket. From what I have seen, the 3000B auto stops the streaming once the car turns off. Anyone found other brands (cheaper perhaps) that also auto stop/start streaming? Thanks

Quote:
I ended up ordering something similar on Amazon.

Rockford RFBTAUX Universal Bluetooth Car Adapter for Wireless Streaming https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00I4WYXAO..._I9ChwbYHC6ZPD

I would get one of the other Bluetooth adapter devices but if you scroll to the picture it's of the device connected in an e90 with the same aux and cig setup that I have ... And it's a pretty clean solution.
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2015, 04:00 PM   #43
PandaM3
Captain
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by virjose View Post
Do these solutions work with the phones by auto playing/stopping streaming? I got a cheapo adapter and while it streams music, it does not display track info, provide steering wheel controls, but more importantly it does not stop the music from playing when I turn off the car, it will continue to play in my pocket. From what I have seen, the 3000B auto stops the streaming once the car turns off. Anyone found other brands (cheaper perhaps) that also auto stop/start streaming? Thanks
I just tried out my Rockford Fosgate adapter last night and it works seamlessly...

-better audio quality than the Kinivo adapter I had previously... same AQ as hardwired
-automatically connects once the car is turned on (the Kinivo I had to press a button to connect it)
-Stops playing when I send or receive a call and starts back up after the call

I recommend getting the Rockford Fosgate adapter + a 3 inch cord for a nice clean install if you don't have oem ipod integration to begin with like me. I have this working great with a CCC nav that just has an aux input.

Only donwnside is that I think the adapter sticks out too far to take advantage of plugging in a USB cord to charge your phone... I haven't tried it but I think if I had a usb cord plugged in I don't think I can close the armrest.

Appreciate 0
      10-15-2015, 09:34 PM   #44
asbjorjo
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2003 E46 M3

Garage List
2013 X5 xDrive35d  [0.00]
2003 E46 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
I just tried out my Rockford Fosgate adapter last night and it works seamlessly...

-better audio quality than the Kinivo adapter I had previously... same AQ as hardwired
-automatically connects once the car is turned on (the Kinivo I had to press a button to connect it)
-Stops playing when I send or receive a call and starts back up after the call

I recommend getting the Rockford Fosgate adapter + a 3 inch cord for a nice clean install if you don't have oem ipod integration to begin with like me. I have this working great with a CCC nav that just has an aux input.

Only donwnside is that I think the adapter sticks out too far to take advantage of plugging in a USB cord to charge your phone... I haven't tried it but I think if I had a usb cord plugged in I don't think I can close the armrest.
You could try if something like this will work: http://www.amazon.com/VIMVIP-Angled-...dp/B00OWMEZ2G/