BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Track / Autocross / Dragstrip / Driving Techniques

11-04-2013, 04:53 PM   #23
gottagofast13
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by swartzentruber View Post
1) As mentioned above, I assume your typical insurance is priced for 2 days (from an underwriting perspective). 1 day events shouldn't cost the same. I don't expect it to be 50% off the 2 day rate, but maybe 25% off.
2) To be blunt, your website kinda sucks and could use some development.
a) I've purchased the majority of my insurance for the R32, and just once bought for the M3. Yet every time I use my login it remembers the M3 info, even though I've more recently bought insurance for the R32.
b) The BMWCCA discount is completely non-transparent from what I can tell -- I can never be certain I'm getting a discount. Maybe make that more clear in the quote (i.e. here's what your quote would have been minus the BMWCCA discount equals your new policy amount).
Thanks for the feedback. To address your comments/suggestions:

1. Unfortunately there is no perfect way to do this, but we're always considering ways to try and make the program as fair as possible. The "exposure" to the underwriter is time on track, and that can vary quite a bit. A participant in an average 2-day event will get 8 20-minute sessions over a 2-day event, but some events offer as few as 6 20-minute sessions over 2 days. A lot of 1-day events will give drivers at least 120 minutes on track, so the exposure is actually the same or more than some 2-day events. That said, I know there are some 1-day events where drivers might only get 4 20-minute sessions. From an administration perspective, it's not realistic for us to audit the 1,000+ events we approve each year to calculate the exposure difference and adjust rates accordingly.

2. Thanks for your brutal honesty. Over last off-season we upgraded the face of our website. While I think it looks far better, it has run incredibly slow for the majority of the season. About 4 weeks ago we had our team work on "optimizing" it and it is significantly faster now. Over this off-season we're upgrading the actual application/e-commerce/policy-issuance portion of the website which SHOULD address your other points:
a. The new system should allow you to store information for multiple vehicles. It should also be more friendly to the customer who is a member of multiple clubs.
b. You're absolutely right - the website doesn't currently acknowledge or highlight that you're getting a discount for BMW CCA events. The premium savings will be highlighted and confirmed once the site upgrade is complete.

Thanks again for the feedback!

Ryan
E36 328 racecar
Appreciate 0