BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

03-21-2020, 08:30 AM   #67
Ajolives
Captain
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Garage List
2019 Audi SQ5  [0.00]
2008 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bpark1977 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajolives View Post
About to replace my HFC and straight Xpipe with these beauties. Scored a AA signature rear section from a member and I'm about to complete the set!
👍🏻 "shiny"
Still shiny and on the floor because one of the test pipe O2 threads are jacked up.
Appreciate 1
SAMM3Y3085.00
      03-21-2020, 11:58 AM   #68
SoCalRPM
Captain
Rep
Drives: e92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBimmer2011 View Post
A 2011 with 52k miles for $29k? Seems like a steal, no?
Appreciate 1
SAMM3Y3085.00
      03-21-2020, 12:19 PM   #69
AC/DC
NooB
Rep
Drives: M

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalRPM View Post
A 2011 with 52k miles for $29k? Seems like a steal, no?
Not saying it's a steal, but from afar it looks like a nice car; speed cloth, single hump, and low miles.

Sadly, it's not going any where anytime soon while the pandemic is going on.
Appreciate 1
      03-21-2020, 12:20 PM   #70
AC/DC
NooB
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajolives View Post
About to replace my HFC and straight Xpipe with these beauties. Scored a AA signature rear section from a member and I'm about to complete the set!
This looks amazing!
Appreciate 1
SAMM3Y3085.00
      03-21-2020, 12:21 PM   #71
AC/DC
NooB
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davey27 View Post
This car has been doing rounds on all the used car websites for what must be 6 months or more at this point. I assume they made the move to Ebay since no one was biting...I'd be hesitant of this car, must be more to the story than meets the eye.
Perhaps. It looks nice though. It will not sell in the current state of the affairs. I can't see anyone buying anything non-essential for a while.
Appreciate 1
SAMM3Y3085.00
      03-21-2020, 06:53 PM   #72
SAMM3Y
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2008 m3

Some good news at last!... 😂
Attached Images

03-21-2020, 07:53 PM   #73
roastbeef
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

if anyone is bored and in need of some fresh content, i've really enjoyed this youtube channel of a young couple exploring alaska in a truck bed camper.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCir...e0a5-6Q/videos
      03-21-2020, 08:44 PM   #74
SAMM3Y
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2008 m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by roastbeef View Post
if anyone is bored and in need of some fresh content, i've really enjoyed this youtube channel of a young couple exploring alaska in a truck bed camper.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCir...e0a5-6Q/videos
Right on, I'll check it out.. I have probably watched 6 hours of YouTube today. Decided to stay home and stay out the way, despite the good weather.

I Watched a little royalty exotics, he's offering Vegas locals 50% discount on super car rentals, you can rent a Huracan for less than $300/day if you're a local until 4/15 and 30% discounts on gift cards to non locals for future rentals. He's been spending a ton of money lately, one has to figure this is going to put a damper on his business model. I used to not like him so much but now I think he's a smart level headed individual, I hope he gets through it.

What else are you guys watching on YouTube?
      03-21-2020, 09:15 PM   #75
roastbeef
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

drift car builds aren't really my thing, but this build has been fun to watch. makes it look easy. lots of great use of new tech in construction as well.
https://www.youtube.com/user/PapadakisRacing/videos
      03-21-2020, 09:27 PM   #76
pbonsalb
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 18 F90 M5, 99 E36 M3 Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobh59 View Post
The real threat isn't Covid-19, it's the agenda driven media and people like you who have pushed this mild flu like disease, where 70% or so are asymptomatic, into a worldwide panic.

Congratulations. The damage you're causing to the world economy and financial markets is on pace to be a truly unfathomable number, and far greater than the paltry $1.2 trillion stimulus package currently being discussed in DC.

And just in case you think this is the ranting of someone who has had a bad time in the markets, well, once again you're sadly mistaken. I've been a trader/investor for almost 25 years so volatility is a good and always welcome friend. This is also my third rodeo when it comes to financial bubbles and their inevitable popping, and I've studied every bubble prior to them extensively. But none of this is a friend to anyone with a 401k or to 85-90% of those with an IRA.

And if you think everything is somehow going to magically or instantly recover once this is behind us, well, I certainly hope that happens, and it is a possibility, but so is winning Powerball tomorrow if you buy a ticket. Markets take the stairs up and the elevator down, and once a stock/underlying drops 50% it then has to double or go up 100% to get back to those old highs. It will eventually happen in most cases, but it will take time.

In regards to your models, well, I'll let you use your imagination as to what you can do with them.
Bob,

Covid-19 is more deadly and more contagious than the flu. You are right that 80% of the population will be fine if they catch it. It is unfortunate you don’t care about the other 20%. They are our friends, parents, relatives, neighbors and many we don’t know who are old or have other illnesses or compromised immune systems. They can catch Covid-19 from the other 80%. If many get it at once or in a short period of time, the likelihood of the vulnerable 20% getting it goes way up. You apparently don’t understand that there aren’t enough hospitals and ventilators to treat the very sick among that vulnerable 20%, so many would die. If you were able to read, you would know exactly that is happening in Italy right now. The goal is to flatten out the curve so people are exposed at a lower rate over a longer period of time si the health care system can manage it rather than be overwhelmed with the result being that many more die than is necessary. I don’t know whether you are ignorant, stupid, or just greedy and upset the stock market is down, but based on your comment about how you have been a trader and investor for 25 years, greed seems like one match and I’d say ignorance is a pretty likely second match.
Appreciate 8
SAMM3Y3085.00
Not Sure212.50
GRUESOM31092.00
malrash184.50
chocstraw495.50
PACarGuy679.00
W///7485.00
      03-21-2020, 11:04 PM   #77
roastbeef
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

i'm not worried about my retirement plans. anyone that invests probably knows its a long term game. eventually, we are going to have to get back to work regardless of the status of the virus. you can't just pause the economy, it doesn't work. i'm thinking this "stay home" advisory will be lifted in a few weeks. in the next few weeks, the healthcare industry will ramp up what they need to treat specific patients and then just deal with the infected as they happen, with a staunch reminder of good personal hygiene. i just don't see how this is sustainable.
PACarGuy679.00
      03-22-2020, 07:48 AM   #78
wfdeacon88
Major
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenE92M3 View Post
what stocks do you recommend buying right now?
ROKU!
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2020, 09:49 AM   #79
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbonsalb View Post
Bob,

Covid-19 is more deadly and more contagious than the flu. You are right that 80% of the population will be fine if they catch it. It is unfortunate you don’t care about the other 20%. They are our friends, parents, relatives, neighbors and many we don’t know who are old or have other illnesses or compromised immune systems. They can catch Covid-19 from the other 80%. If many get it at once or in a short period of time, the likelihood of the vulnerable 20% getting it goes way up. You apparently don’t understand that there aren’t enough hospitals and ventilators to treat the very sick among that vulnerable 20%, so many would die. If you were able to read, you would know exactly that is happening in Italy right now. The goal is to flatten out the curve so people are exposed at a lower rate over a longer period of time si the health care system can manage it rather than be overwhelmed with the result being that many more die than is necessary. I don’t know whether you are ignorant, stupid, or just greedy and upset the stock market is down, but based on your comment about how you have been a trader and investor for 25 years, greed seems like one match and I’d say ignorance is a pretty likely second match.
Our country and the world can manage 1 percent death rate easier than shutting down the economy indefinitely. There is no guarantee what we are doing will decrease deaths so we are in effect choosing to kill people and the economy rather than one or the other. It isnt ignorance its common sense. Net lives lost will be just as high not pulling the bandaid now or shortly. Ancillary deaths will rise instead of corona ones once economy stays shut and chaos ensues.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2020, 12:16 PM   #80
Epoustouflant
Banned
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbonsalb View Post
Bob,

Our country and the world can manage 1 percent death rate easier than shutting down the economy indefinitely. There is no guarantee what we are doing will decrease deaths so we are in effect choosing to kill people and the economy rather than one or the other. It isnt ignorance its common sense. Net lives lost will be just as high not pulling the bandaid now or shortly. Ancillary deaths will rise instead of corona ones once economy stays shut and chaos ensues.
This is straight up dumb.

The hospital system has a hard limit to what it can sustain.

You vastly underestimate, actually you completely ignore the collateral deaths that would happen should we decide to throw in the towel and get back to normal.

Any american that sustains an accident or disease unrelated to COVID19 that requires a life saving intervention in a hospital would essentially die.

1%? Italians are dying at a 6 to 8% clip and they are massively underreporting deaths by COVID19 as elderly are dying in their homes without being tested.

Stop spreading fucking non sense and get educated on the multitude of variables at hand.
Appreciate 2
Not Sure212.50
6ixSpd6014.50
      03-22-2020, 12:38 PM   #81
GRUESOM3
Major
Rep
Drives: 3 NA cars and 1 Turbo car

Covid 19 was most likely made by e90 m3 driver.
Low price of gas, no traffic, stop production of the turbo m3's with big grills.
Appreciate 1
akkando5863.00
      03-22-2020, 04:27 PM   #82
Helmsman
Major General
Sweden
Rep
Drives: 2011 AW E90 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epoustouflant View Post
This is straight up dumb.

The hospital system has a hard limit to what it can sustain.

You vastly underestimate, actually you completely ignore the collateral deaths that would happen should we decide to throw in the towel and get back to normal.

Any american that sustains an accident or disease unrelated to COVID19 that requires a life saving intervention in a hospital would essentially die.

1%? Italians are dying at a 6 to 8% clip and they are massively underreporting deaths by COVID19 as elderly are dying in their homes without being tested.

Stop spreading fucking non sense and get educated on the multitude of variables at hand.
Not sure how you calculate your percentage to get to 6-8% mate but while their may be unreported death by corona there is obvioisly a significant number who hade it without being tested, some ongoing some recovered. I'd say it's impossible to define a percentage before testing everybody includin them who had it.

The Italian gov the other day said that while the number of dead is high (793 that day), they have not been able to surely identify all being from corona. Bear in mind there obviously also is "natural cause" of death, in Italy I recon close to 2000 people a day. Not claiming this shit is to fole around with, but strongly believe proper data have to be weighted vs the alternative impact on society, which I'm praying will be possible soon.

Edit: Worth to notice that in Italy 85% have been above 85 years of age. Of course doesn't justify death by corona, but indicate their may be other reasons in the cases not yet identified.

Last edited by Helmsman; 03-22-2020 at 04:34 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2020, 04:31 PM   #83
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

1 percent of the population isnt worth screwing over 100 percent of the world popluation and economy for. You vastly underestimate the ancillary cost and death related to the financial aspect of this.

I'm front line dealing with this as is my wife. Has a number been set how many masks are needed to save x number of lives. Where is that dotted line exactly we are trying to stay under? It's a made up feel good graphic. If we stay home for a month then let eveybody run around wont there be another spike. Can we handle that spike later. If this virus is like the flu and millions get it seasonally will what we do stop the deaths next year or the next 20?
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2020, 06:38 PM   #84
RedScytheM3
Science stuff and stuff
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 ///M3

Quote:
1 percent of the population isnt worth screwing over 100 percent of the world popluation and economy for. You vastly underestimate the ancillary cost and death related to the financial aspect of this.

I'm front line dealing with this as is my wife. Has a number been set how many masks are needed to save x number of lives. Where is that dotted line exactly we are trying to stay under? It's a made up feel good graphic. If we stay home for a month then let eveybody run around wont there be another spike. Can we handle that spike later. If this virus is like the flu and millions get it seasonally will what we do stop the deaths next year or the next 20?
I'll try to help you with this as best I can. I work in one of the hospitals in Texas Medical Center and I can tell you to forget that 1% number you're holding onto for some reason. The threat of this virus is not just in the number of people that it can potentially kill, but what can happen in the event that it runs rampant through communities.

Hypothetically, without taking any protective measures you will run into impacting our very poorly funded medical infrastructure in a matter of weeks. Public hospitals (private either) do not have enough beds to care for every person that may get sick, fatally or otherwise. Hospitals would fill up, run out of supplies, and beds. This means that the next person that needs to be admitted for one of the hundreds of other afflictions (cardiovascular issues, diabetic complications, injuries, mental health admissions) will not be able to. Furthermore, the risk of of hospital staff being infected is a concern especially considering the limited availability of supplies.

Although what I said is a consideration of a small aspect of the 'doing nothing' approach, we are already seeing some of this scenarios play out. I'm not sure what your point is about how many masks and a dotted line. In terms of masks and other personal protective equipment (PPE), there is a shortage. So, the 'how many are needed?' is a useless question because even if we knew a firm number there's still not enough. I have to wait for gloves and other PPE for my lab since it's all on back order.

The point of staying home is to slow the spread of the virus and get to a point where the rate of new cases ceases or slows down. This is importantly critical because coronavirus infectious tend to act like most other colds - you get sick and you go around spreading it to others - it's contagious and not incredibly deadly. Viruses that are highly contagious and have a relatively low mortality rate are experts at spreading. In contrast, viruses that are highly contagious and have relatively high mortality (Ebola) have limited spread. Think of comparing a wild fire (Coronaviruses) to a grenade (Ebola) - one spreads further and longer in time while the other is fast and violent.

It takes a couple weeks for the coronavirus to run its course in a host and preventing transmission sets up a barrier of sorts. Think about what you do for any other cold, you stay home! Why? So you don't get everyone else sick! Think of that on a larger scale for a city, we all stay home so we can give the virus time to run it's course and fizzle out! Limit the spread like throwing a paper towel on a spill! Sure this will hurt the economy, but in addition to being the right thing to do the alternative will have an even worse impact on the economy!

As to your questions about future spikes, no need to worry! If we take measures to prevent the virus from spreading there should not be another spike later. Once this type of Coronavirus fizzles out it will not come back, which is why you don't to see spikes of new cases of SARS from 2003 or of MERS from 2012. Sure there are other coronaviruses out there waiting to get us, but this is a type we've not encountered before that has an unusually higher mortality rate than the average Coronavirus.

Hopefully this helps you understand more.

Also, may I ask how you and your wife are on the front line dealing with this? (As opposed to just existing in this current state of things like the rest of everyone). Also, considering your word usage, front line implies a war or a battle, right? So you do recognize the fight we're all in, or are your posts just arguing for argument's sake?
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2020, 06:47 PM   #85
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

Got it revisit this when the death rate becomes lower and lower as we do testing. Then look at the financial devastation. Watch also for future spikes.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2020, 06:49 PM   #86
RedScytheM3
Science stuff and stuff
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 ///M3

Quote:
Got it revisit this when the death rate becomes lower and lower as we do testing. Then look at the financial devastation. Watch also for future spikes.
Testing is key and the federal government failed us all with that. It's impossible to fight an infectious disease without knowing who has it. Again, as I said in my previous post there should not be any future spikes when this Coronavirus type is brought under control.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2020, 07:23 PM   #87
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

I hope not. Vaccine seems a ways off, at least longer than we can huddle at home which to me means it will spike again later after we see peak here in a couple more weeks.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2020, 07:41 PM   #88
roastbeef
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBimmer2011 View Post
sunroof and too many doors.