BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Cosmetic/Visual (Exterior + Interior) Modifications

BPM

09-04-2018, 08:44 PM   #23
DreamTime
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honda View Post
If you decided to buy the blackline OEM, I can sell you mine. They are in excellent condition and will take used market value for them. I can take picture of the tail-lights if you like but they are exactly the same as pictures posted above.

I am not really looking to get rid of them but I want to give it a try for MARs taillights
Cool, I will definitely get in touch with you after I get back from my trip this weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by derbo View Post
DreamTime , I would prefer the Blacklines cause they are OEM but I'm a nut-so.
Lol, yeah... I feel the same way about the OEM part Plus, I think the blacklines do look good on a black car. I'm pretty sure I've made my choice. I can always change them again if I don't like them once they're on the car.
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2018, 08:40 PM   #24
DreamTime
Captain
Rep

Had a really cool experience at VIR a couple weekends ago... met a guy who had my exact car - same year, same color, 6MT, same interior options... we were like giddy children talking about our cars together lmao. Anyways, there were some differences in the mods we had done, like engine, suspension, and wheel stuff, but the most important takeaway for me? (Don't laugh) He had blacklines installed on his car. And, I really liked them. Pictures don't really do these lights justice, and having this experience was perfect for me because I could park my car right next to its twin and compare the lights. I'm sold.

@Honda -- I meant to message you about your blacklines right after I got back from VIR, but have been stupid busy. Hope you're still interested in having a talk about selling yours. PM sent
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2018, 12:22 PM   #25
XKxRome0ox
e90noob
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 E90 M3

last week, i saw an '08 e90 with Mars tail lights in person for the first time
they looked really good on the BLACK e90

however, looking at the white e90 posted by m3anmachine in this thread, i think the mars lights look way better with the black exterior

since i have a white '08 e90, i'm really torn
do i go through the whole trunk and tail conversion? or go with Mars?

Production date - 2008-04-22
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2018, 06:32 PM   #26
DreamTime
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by XKxRome0ox View Post
last week, i saw an '08 e90 with Mars tail lights in person for the first time
they looked really good on the BLACK e90

however, looking at the white e90 posted by m3anmachine in this thread, i think the mars lights look way better with the black exterior

since i have a white '08 e90, i'm really torn
do i go through the whole trunk and tail conversion? or go with Mars?
Seeing a car in person vs in pics does make a big difference for sure, because I did not particularly like the blacklines in pics at first. Once I saw them in person I was sold. I already bought a set and have them on my car and I'm super happy with my choice.

I do really like the Mars lights though. If they had been in stock somewhere convenient I probably would have ordered them. If you can find a set, it wouldn't hurt to grab em up and put them on the car to see if the look suffices. If you don't like them, it would be easy enough to sell them and go for the full trunk/tail conversion.

If you're not worried about the extra cost of the full conversion vs the Mars lights, then that would be the obvious choice.

That's just my line of reasoning though
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2018, 01:48 PM   #27
Rochen_00
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3 e92

They look good mate!

Alpinemss Tuned | Tecnocraft E9X ///M3 Envy™ Intake System | MS Pulleys | Akrapovic Evolution Exhaust | Ohlins Road&track| BBK Brembo 6p Front & Brembo 4p Rear| H&R Stabilisator| Solid subframe bushings| full spherical bushings| Recaro pole position
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2018, 12:07 AM   #28
E90M3velocity
Captain
Philippines
Rep
Drives: Manual-Slicktop E90 M3

I like them, just wish they offer them in a tinted red and the "light bars" are lit more consistently unlike how they look towards the sides of the car when the lights are on.
Appreciate 0