BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - Southeast

European Auto Source (EAS)

11-22-2019, 07:53 AM   #1
Space Fox
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2012 Space Grey e92 M3 ZCP

Garage List
2012 BMW M3 ZCP  [0.00]
Tampa M Club?

I purchased my e92 about two months ago. Been going to a bunch of cars and coffees locally in the Tampa area and did a Drive Florida Rally 8. Seems Ms are few and far between or maybe I'm not heading to the right events?

Wondering if there is a Tampa M Club or something similar. Very unimpressed with Tampa Bimmer Club or at least what's represented on their Facebook page.

Any Tampa M guys active here?
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2019, 01:37 PM   #2
donlee1085
///MOTIVATE
Rep
Drives: e92 M3

I'm from Tampa, also got into the Tampa Bimmer meets way back, not much into it now though I try to go every once awhile.

Check out 'BMW M Club of Tampa' a few members/originators from Tampa Bimmer started it. Small group that does runs here and there.
      11-26-2019, 06:56 PM   #3
randrews15
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 E93 M3 Le Mans Blue

I'm south of Tampa and there are few meets that I've been to. I've been to the Reeves Motorsports one and it was pretty good with all sort of brands. Being about 45 mins south of Tampa it is a little difficult making it a the time. I did join BMW CCA and eagerly watching to meets to be posted.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2019, 04:28 AM   #4
cjm41
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 E92 M3

Garage List
2010 BMW M3  [0.00]
2014 Land Rover LR4  [0.00]
I live in St Pete but I took my car out to California for a few months to maximize the ownership experience. Bought it a year ago and I've been driving long, flat, boring highways and needed a change. Haven't decided when I'm coming back. Probably around the time my license plates expire.
Attached Images

11-27-2019, 08:46 AM   #5
Space Fox
Captain
Rep

Garage List
2012 BMW M3 ZCP  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by donlee1085 View Post
I'm from Tampa, also got into the Tampa Bimmer meets way back, not much into it now though I try to go every once awhile.

Check out 'BMW M Club of Tampa' a few members/originators from Tampa Bimmer started it. Small group that does runs here and there.
Will do, Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by randrews15 View Post
I'm south of Tampa and there are few meets that I've been to. I've been to the Reeves Motorsports one and it was pretty good with all sort of brands. Being about 45 mins south of Tampa it is a little difficult making it a the time. I did join BMW CCA and eagerly watching to meets to be posted.
I'm right in Westshore and go to both the Reeves Motorsports cars and coffees and the DuPont Registry C&C, both great events. Will look in to BMW CCA as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjm41 View Post
I live in St Pete but I took my car out to California for a few months to maximize the ownership experience. Bought it a year ago and I've been driving long, flat, boring highways and needed a change. Haven't decided when I'm coming back. Probably around the time my license plates expire.
Haha love this! I did the Drive Florida 8 rally - route was through all of the best back roads around Tampa Bay. I saved the google maps and have to say there are some great roads here if you know where to look. Took it down to Sebring this past weekend and had a blast there also. Would absolutely love to be able to take the car out to PCH though.. Did you move out there and drive the car? Or have it shipped out and met it there?
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2019, 08:50 AM   #6
mgmarsh39
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Try M Gruppe, we've got a nation wide foot print!

https://www.mgruppe.org/
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2019, 08:54 AM   #7
Space Fox
Captain
Rep

Garage List
2012 BMW M3 ZCP  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by donlee1085 View Post

Where do I find this group? Not seeing it on Facebook
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2019, 08:57 AM   #8
Space Fox
Captain
Rep

Garage List
2012 BMW M3 ZCP  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgmarsh39 View Post
Try M Gruppe, we've got a nation wide foot print!

https://www.mgruppe.org/
Just registered, thanks!
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2019, 10:27 AM   #9
cjm41
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 E92 M3

Garage List
2010 BMW M3  [0.00]
2014 Land Rover LR4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by brantp View Post
Haha love this! I did the Drive Florida 8 rally - route was through all of the best back roads around Tampa Bay. I saved the google maps and have to say there are some great roads here if you know where to look. Took it down to Sebring this past weekend and had a blast there also. Would absolutely love to be able to take the car out to PCH though.. Did you move out there and drive the car? Or have it shipped out and met it there?
I helped a friend from St Pete move to San Diego in July and spent a couple weeks here. Then I pulled the biggest "BRB" in history, flew back to Tampa, got my car, and drove back.

One of the benefits of no wife, no kids, and a geographically agnostic consulting business (mostly web dev and hosting).

I drove it up PHC to Big Sur one of the first weekends out here. It's been to Big Bear, Palm Springs, Salton Sea, LA a few times, Santa Barbara. I've spent roughly 2 trillion dollars on fuel. I'm personally keeping a Saudi prince slathered in gold driving a chrome Lamborghini.

Taking my M3 on a half-year vacation to California is probably the coolest thing I'll ever do in an otherwise mundane life. Haha

Floridia has some cool roads, my favorite thing to do is head to Mt Dora for the weekend and scare the hell out of a lucky passenger weaving through the Florida country.

The Tampa M group does a pretty sweet run, they call it the "North Loop".
Attached Images