BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

09-24-2020, 09:17 AM   #45
David70
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 Z4M Coupe - 13 Cadillac ATS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efthreeoh View Post
It's called the art of negotiation.
Guidelines set by tire manufacturers, policies set by stores, the idea you can get all of them to do what you want because of your brilliance is a joke. Thanks.
      09-24-2020, 09:57 AM   #46
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Quote:
Originally Posted by David70 View Post
Guidelines set by tire manufacturers, policies set by stores, the idea you can get all of them to do what you want because of your brilliance is a joke. Thanks.
Well, I'm the one who has gotten a RFT plugged and patched (the correct repair for any type of tire) at a GoodYear branded store (it had a big ass GoodYear store sign on a pedestal). You've apparently have had issues. It was my first time I tried to get a RFT repaired; my E90 was brand new. And I wasn't even a local, I was on vacation on a road trip to NY State.

What is a joke is, you have your panties in a wad because someone achieved something you don't think is possible.

Thank you.
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2020, 10:37 AM   #47
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

The jist is it really depends on the shop. While I didn't need to have the run craps patched when I had them on my car, I did have a Ford dealership help plug a puncture in the rear tire of my Ducati. Talk about a big no no. I had no choice in the matter as I was on my way to my vacation home which doesn't have a Ducati dealership or for that matter a motorcycle shop any where in the vicinity.
Appreciate 0