BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

01-26-2010, 01:52 PM   #1
PunjabiM3
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M5 CS

Best place to buy Dinan muffler?

Hey guys looking to get a quieter muffler for my car. Currently am running the Eisenmann Race and thinking of going with either the Eisenmann Sport ($$ and heavy, plus paying a lot extra for esentially the same exhaust I have now but quieter), Dinan ($, tips look kinda cheap), or Gintani sport ($, tips a bit too big, not sure of quietness). Right now its a tossup on which I will go with. Just wondering if there is any place I can get the Dinan muffler for a discounted price? I read it was on sale from like summer to Nov for $1999 but is now back to full msrp. Oh btw, my Eisenmann Race will be for sale...asking $1800 plus shipping NOT including connecting pipes.
2024 718 GT4 RS | Arctic Grey
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2010, 02:23 PM   #2
xxe92xx
Banned
Rep
Drives: 08 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by PunjabiM3 View Post
Hey guys looking to get a quieter muffler for my car. Currently am running the Eisenmann Race and thinking of going with either the Eisenmann Sport ($$ and heavy, plus paying a lot extra for esentially the same exhaust I have now but quieter), Dinan ($, tips look kinda cheap), or Gintani sport ($, tips a bit too big, not sure of quietness). Right now its a tossup on which I will go with. Just wondering if there is any place I can get the Dinan muffler for a discounted price? I read it was on sale from like summer to Nov for $1999 but is now back to full msrp. Oh btw, my Eisenmann Race will be for sale...asking $1800 plus shipping NOT including connecting pipes.
call dinan up and ask
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2010, 05:25 PM   #3
PunjabiM3
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxe92xx View Post
call dinan up and ask
I was mainly looking to see if anyone knows any dealers willing to deal on the Dinan products. No way am I going to pay msrp on something that was sold for $300 less for much of 2009...
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2010, 05:29 PM   #4
skoot3r
BMW n00b
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 e92 M3/ 2013 GMC 2500hd

Gintani Sport is the way to go!
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2010, 05:30 PM   #5
niqui
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Jet Black E92 M3

local dealer, bmw?
dinan on the phone will likely bargain, or the used private sale section...
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2010, 05:38 PM   #6
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Odysse

There was just a Dinan muffler that sold for pretty cheap.
Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2010, 06:33 PM   #7
PunjabiM3
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by aus View Post
There was just a Dinan muffler that sold for pretty cheap.
Yeah I know I missed it. Ideally I am trying to sell my M3. I have had three people all "serious" wanting to buy it for my bottomline of $46k stock then they back out. I dunno what gives...car is in excellent condition, right equipment, clean carfax, paid off, low price as well imho. I'm not going to give away a car that is flawless because frankly it deserves better. So given that chances are not a single soul will shell out $46k, I just want to put on a quieter muffler. I am leaning towards the Gintani Sport now. End rant...
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2010, 09:59 PM   #8
xxe92xx
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Yeah I know I missed it. Ideally I am trying to sell my M3. I have had three people all "serious" wanting to buy it for my bottomline of $46k stock then they back out. I dunno what gives...car is in excellent condition, right equipment, clean carfax, paid off, low price as well imho. I'm not going to give away a car that is flawless because frankly it deserves better. So given that chances are not a single soul will shell out $46k, I just want to put on a quieter muffler. I am leaning towards the Gintani Sport now. End rant...
how come your selling? and i would try talking to them on the phone maybe they will give you a deal but obviously no were near $300 off
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2010, 10:20 PM   #9
biglare
Bulldog
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW & Porsche

I thought you were selling the M3 and moving to AZ?

GTS
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2010, 01:13 AM   #10
H Bomb
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

i have the dinan and in person i don't think the tips look cheap at all. i get compliments all the time on it. best thing about it is there is no drone at all any where in the rpm range., i know the others you mentioned drone at some point in the rpm range

100% dinan if that is what your lookin for in a muffler

i saw one in the for sale section couple days ago check it out. if not then call a dinan dealer and try to bargain for one they have in stock maybe
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2010, 10:47 AM   #11
PunjabiM3
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by biglare View Post
I thought you were selling the M3 and moving to AZ?
I am moving to AZ. Am only going to sell the M3 if someone has the money for it. I do not have any NEED to have it sold. I am not short on cash, don't need the funds for something else, and the car is all paid off. Only reason I am thinking to sell the car is because I would like to get back into a P-car and there is one locally that I like. But given that NO ONE stands behind their word on purchasing my M3, the P-car will likely be gone by the time someone comes around to purchase my car. And by then I won't be selling it any more...hope that makes sense...
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2010, 11:11 AM   #12
808MGuy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 M3

Quote:
YIdeally I am trying to sell my M3. I have had three people all "serious" wanting to buy it for my bottomline of $46k stock then they back out. I dunno what gives...car is in excellent condition, right equipment, clean carfax, paid off, low price as well imho. I'm not going to give away a car that is flawless because frankly it deserves better.
Unfortunately most people don't consider a car that was already modded flawless. The only ones that do are enthusiasts and most of those types tend to like stock cars too so they can do their own modding. Just from past experience, stock cars sell much faster than modded cars. Its mostly because the sellers think their mods are worth something but buyers don't unless its really something special. Then you have some kind of disconnect between the sellers asking price and the buyers offer which usually offends the seller.
      01-27-2010, 11:11 AM   #13
Ca$hOnly
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
I am moving to AZ. Am only going to sell the M3 if someone has the money for it. I do not have any NEED to have it sold. I am not short on cash, don't need the funds for something else, and the car is all paid off. Only reason I am thinking to sell the car is because I would like to get back into a P-car and there is one locally that I like. But given that NO ONE stands behind their word on purchasing my M3, the P-car will likely be gone by the time someone comes around to purchase my car. And by then I won't be selling it any more...hope that makes sense...
Try selling it on autotrader.com or cars.com. I've sold many cars on there usually within the first 2 weeks of placing an ad. Just make sure you return the car to stock if you go that route. You'll get a much better bang for your buck.
      01-27-2010, 11:20 AM   #14
PunjabiM3
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 808MGuy View Post
Unfortunately most people don't consider a car that was already modded flawless. The only ones that do are enthusiasts and most of those types tend to like stock cars too so they can do their own modding. Just from past experience, stock cars sell much faster than modded cars. Its mostly because the sellers think their mods are worth something but buyers don't unless its really something special. Then you have some kind of disconnect between the sellers asking price and the buyers offer which usually offends the seller.
If you actually go to my FS thread the car will be returned back to stock except for the H&R springs because I do not want to spend the money or time to do the springs. It would be a wash to spend $300 to get them taken out and then sell used springs for less than that price. The stock springs will be included with the car. The stock wheels are already back on. Only thing left is to take off the rear diffuser, put the stock side gills on, and (the time consuming one) put the stock exhaust back on. Do you think $46k is too much for this car stock (except the springs)? I think it is more than a fair price...
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2010, 11:22 AM   #15
PunjabiM3
Colonel
United_States
Rep

So I have called Dinan and a few other Dinan dealers local to my area and not a single one will sell it below the $2299 msrp nor will they give any sort of CCA discount. Looks like if I keep the M3 the options are either the Gintani sport which I am leaning towards, the Eisenmann sport, or the Bastuck. Thoughts on this? I am wondering if the Gintani will be too loud. Anyone know if the Gintani Race is a lot louder than the Eisenmann Race? Gintani claims the sport is 50% quieter than their race muffler so that is my reason for comparing the loudness of the Gintani and Eisenmann Race. Bastuck seems nice but I know it will be a pain to sell when it comes time to sell the car. Eisenmann Race is great but I have already paid the premium once for the Eisenmann Race and don't want to pay the premium again lol...
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2010, 12:05 PM   #16
CSanto
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BSM/SO M3

Quote:
Why not try to trade it in for the P-car. I'm sure trade in value+tax incentive will bring you up to 46k.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2010, 12:09 PM   #17
PunjabiM3
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by HREM3 View Post
Why not try to trade it in for the P-car. I'm sure trade in value+tax incentive will bring you up to 46k.
The P-car is a private seller. I have a few buyers for the M3 but they still are offering less than my asking price. I really do not care for the tax incentive at this point because the new car would be registered in AZ and there is no sales tax on used cars in AZ.
Appreciate 0