BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

BPM

10-20-2022, 08:45 AM   #1
IamFODI
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 M3 6MT

Any experience with RevShift solid rear subframe mount bushings?

Want to do solid subframe mount bushings in the next year or so and leaning toward RevShift because FCP Euro sells them. It's not that I expect to have to return them for wear or anything; I just like to stick with FCP Euro on principle where possible.

Reviews on RevShift's other stuff seem to be... mixed. But I haven't seen any on their solid subframe mount bushings, and those seem like a really straightforward part.

Anyone use this part and/or have any thoughts?

Last edited by IamFODI; 05-27-2023 at 02:11 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2022, 09:00 AM   #2
DRLane
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Garage List
2008 m3  [6.63]
Go with solid aluminum, if you're pulling the subframe might as well do it once.
PACarGuy683.50
amg6975500.00
      10-20-2022, 09:10 AM   #3
IamFODI
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRLane View Post
Go with solid aluminum, if you're pulling the subframe might as well do it once.
Yep, they are aluminum.

https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/bmw...vshift-asb-e9x
Appreciate 1
DRLane3988.50
      10-20-2022, 09:52 AM   #4
DRLane
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 m3  [6.63]
Quote:
Originally Posted by IamFODI View Post
Quote:
Yep, they are aluminum.

https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/bmw...vshift-asb-e9x
Sounds like you're squared away! Haven't seen the two piece aluminum before. Good luck and enjoy
      10-20-2022, 10:32 AM   #5
IamFODI
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Sounds like you're squared away! Haven't seen the two piece aluminum before. Good luck and enjoy
Would you run these in the absence of reviews, and given RevShift's other products have a spotty rep?
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2022, 10:54 AM   #6
DRLane
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 m3  [6.63]
Quote:
Quote:
Would you run these in the absence of reviews, and given RevShift's other products have a spotty rep?
I'd go with tried and true options from any of the other players. But 🤷🏻*♂️
      10-24-2022, 12:44 AM   #7
ganz
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92 "Stripper"

I have these subframe bushings (2-piece aluminum) in my car. No noticeable difference between these and other E9X that I have driven with Turner or MRF bushings. I went with these because of the claims around "sandwiching" the subframe which I have no clue whether makes any difference at all. The important thing is it doesn't make noise.
Appreciate 1
IamFODI365.50
      10-26-2022, 01:32 PM   #8
e92zero
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 BW

That look interesting and probably make installation easier. But from the pic, it doesn't look like the part inserted into the subframe are round? Maybe it's designed for easy of installation. Not sure if it has any long term effect?
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2022, 06:53 PM   #9
Redd
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW E92 M3 Dakar Edition

Were these Revshift two-piece units easier to install than the other one-piece ones?
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2023, 10:51 AM   #10
IamFODI
Lieutenant
Rep

Coming back to this as I'm planning to order soon.

I just emailed Revshift about e92zero's question and a couple more. We'll see what they say.

For now, I'm kind of leaning toward another option like Bimmerworld. Hard to imagine Revshift knows more about how to build a product for this platform than Bimmerworld does. Let's see if Revshift comes back with anything potentially mind-changing.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2023, 04:25 PM   #11
IamFODI
Lieutenant
Rep

Wow. Got an amazingly fast answer – on a weekend, no less. Nice counterpoint to all the allegations of horrible customer service.

No, they're not round; yes, that's for easy installation, esp. in out-of-round bores. Apparently they provide 6 points of contact with the bore.

On the "sandwich" aspect: they allege that one-piece designs can allow the subframe to move up to an inch vertically. Has anyone heard of that happening? If it were, wouldn't there be a lot of failures in short order as the steel subframe bores basically shredded the aluminum bushings? The fact that that's not happening makes me feel like it's not an issue.

Maybe the "sandwich" aspect of the Revshift bushings was necessary because of the not-entirely-round 2-piece design – i.e., less-tight fit with fewer points of contact = more potential for movement.

They also said the flange cutouts on all other designs are not functional, which is why their flanges go all the way around. Not sure how to reconcile that with TMS's instructions for their aluminum subframe bushings, which say you have to make sure the flanges are oriented correctly....

Revshift seems to be the only company making solid aluminum subframe bushings like this. AKG's offering is the only one I've seen that seems to be 2-piece, and they look round; all the others I've seen – Bimmerworld, TMS, Precision Works, CMP, etc. – are 1-piece and round. Makes me wonder if there's a reason...
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2024, 09:27 PM   #12
Scharbag
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW E92 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Wow. Got an amazingly fast answer – on a weekend, no less. Nice counterpoint to all the allegations of horrible customer service.

No, they're not round; yes, that's for easy installation, esp. in out-of-round bores. Apparently they provide 6 points of contact with the bore.

On the "sandwich" aspect: they allege that one-piece designs can allow the subframe to move up to an inch vertically. Has anyone heard of that happening? If it were, wouldn't there be a lot of failures in short order as the steel subframe bores basically shredded the aluminum bushings? The fact that that's not happening makes me feel like it's not an issue.

Maybe the "sandwich" aspect of the Revshift bushings was necessary because of the not-entirely-round 2-piece design – i.e., less-tight fit with fewer points of contact = more potential for movement.

They also said the flange cutouts on all other designs are not functional, which is why their flanges go all the way around. Not sure how to reconcile that with TMS's instructions for their aluminum subframe bushings, which say you have to make sure the flanges are oriented correctly....

Revshift seems to be the only company making solid aluminum subframe bushings like this. AKG's offering is the only one I've seen that seems to be 2-piece, and they look round; all the others I've seen – Bimmerworld, TMS, Precision Works, CMP, etc. – are 1-piece and round. Makes me wonder if there's a reason...
What did you go with? I am also looking to pull the trigger on this and would like to know if the RevShift's from FCP are any good.

Cheers,

2011 E92 M3 - 6MT, ZCP, ZF LSD, ESS G1, Some other goodies...
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2024, 01:57 PM   #13
chocstraw
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 ZCP

I have these and they work just fine. Quality aluminum, they pressed in just fine.
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 09:05 PM   #14
kaiv
IG: limited.slip
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46 M3 in a 325i Touring body!

Quote:

FWIW every solid mount I've installed (Bimmerworld, Turner, AKG, CMP) have a nice interference fit where the subframe moving over the mounts is definitely not an issue.
Appreciate 0