BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

European Auto Source (EAS)

08-10-2016, 05:06 AM   #1
roastbeef
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

rear camber arm bearing kit... who has done it?

i recently did had the front tension arm monoballs done, and i really love the way it makes the car feel.

now, i'm looking at other bushings/arms to replace that are going to enhance handling and performance feel. has anyone done the rear camber arm bearing kit that bimmerworld sells?

i'm not ready to go with race links just yet, but i do want to subtly enhance what i've got. i'm on oem zcp suspension and the car will be staying that way for a few more years. i do about 6 track days a year, so any other bushings/etc. that deliver that feel, please feel free to suggest others as well.
      08-10-2016, 03:13 PM   #2
Move Over
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M3 6MT

I'm on the hunt for the same. How about the front camber link?
      08-11-2016, 12:48 AM   #3
roastbeef
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Move Over View Post
might be a stupid question, but do we have a front camber link? i didn't see a link for one on bimmerworld- just the rear.
      08-11-2016, 06:21 AM   #4
Move Over
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by roastbeef
Quote:
Originally Posted by Move Over View Post
might be a stupid question, but do we have a front camber link? i didn't see a link for one on bimmerworld- just the rear.
Not a stupid question, but I think that's what the rear CA is referred to. Might just be referred to as a control arm actually lol.
      08-11-2016, 07:21 AM   #5
roastbeef
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Yea I think we have a lower control arm that holds the spindle and the spindle is held in place by the tension arm and shock body. Im not entirely sure.
      08-16-2016, 10:39 PM   #6
RickyBobby
Captain
Rep
Drives: M3

I installed them when I did my rear subframe bushings, so I can't say for sure if they made a difference. The stock bushings were in good shape when I removed them though.
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2016, 10:46 PM   #7
roastbeef
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyBobby View Post
I installed them when I did my rear subframe bushings, so I can't say for sure if they made a difference. The stock bushings were in good shape when I removed them though.
thanks for the response. i don't think there are many people who have just done the camber arm bushings alone. i too, am getting my subframe/diff bushings done and was curious about them. i'm going to hold off and do them separately, i want to be able to tell the differences in the things i do and be able to tell how they make a difference in the car.
      08-17-2016, 05:18 AM   #8
Move Over
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
thanks for the response. i don't think there are many people who have just done the camber arm bushings alone. i too, am getting my subframe/diff bushings done and was curious about them. i'm going to hold off and do them separately, i want to be able to tell the differences in the things i do and be able to tell how they make a difference in the car.
What subframe and diff bushings are you planning on using?
      08-17-2016, 05:20 AM   #9
roastbeef
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Move Over
Quote:
Quote:
What subframe and diff bushings are you planning on using?
Malek at MRF will be doing the deed. Ill be using his subframe bushings, I'm not sure what brand he uses for the differential, but they will be derlin on the diff.
      08-20-2016, 05:41 PM   #10
Greg S
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 08 M3 DCT

I've used them with no issues, the sleeve does require tack welding to the subframe IMO, although some retaining compound might be sufficiently strong(I do both).
Appreciate 1
roastbeef11586.00
      08-21-2016, 05:02 PM   #11
roastbeef
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg S View Post
I've used them with no issues, the sleeve does require tack welding to the subframe IMO, although some retaining compound might be sufficiently strong(I do both).
how did it make the car feel?
      08-22-2016, 05:45 PM   #12
Greg S
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 08 M3 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by roastbeef View Post
They were installed with many many other suspension upgrades at the same time.
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2016, 06:45 PM   #13
RickyBobby
Captain
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg S
Quote:
Originally Posted by roastbeef View Post
They were installed with many many other suspension upgrades at the same time.
I did them at the same time as my worn out rear subframe bushings, differential bushings, front and rear control arm bushings, and shock rebuild. The difference that I feel is that the car is more crisp and slightly more planted on corner exit. The changes are very subtle and felt most on track with r-comps.
Appreciate 1
roastbeef11586.00
      10-15-2016, 12:01 AM   #14
tlrid3r
just another M3
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg S
I installed my rear camber link bearing and used retaining compound for the sleeve and holds up great.
///M3... Don't want more power, Just want it to turn sharper one step closer each time. -Ohlins TTX Raceline, PolePostions seats, Akrapovic EVO, ARC-8, 1/2 Cage, Seat Delete, Stoptech BBK, solid Subframe and diff bushing, spherical bearing on everything.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2023, 02:18 AM   #15
maicol76
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlrid3r View Post
I installed my rear camber link bearing and used retaining compound for the sleeve and holds up great.
It's been a very long time since you wrote this reply. Is it still working fine without any problems?
If not, what type or product of retaining compound did you use?
2011 LCI W/DCT / K&N drop in filter / CSF radiator / do88 oil cooler / do88 DCT cooler / Akra Evo / Moton CS 2 way coilover / Wiechers strut bar(F) / ARC strut bar(R) / Alcon Superkit BBK / Tarox rotor / Geoff steel EHPS / Sard carbon-Kevlar GT wing / GT4 carnard / Aim Evo4+G-dash+GT Steering+S/C GP HD / Bride Zeta3 / etc.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2023, 04:33 AM   #16
Redd
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW E92 M3 Dakar Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by maicol76 View Post
It's been a very long time since you wrote this reply. Is it still working fine without any problems?
I think it depends car to car. For my car when I installed the BW rear camber arm bearing kit, the sleeve was loose enough to easily slide in and out of the subframe hole without much force. In my case, tack welding was definitely necessary.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2023, 08:16 PM   #17
tlrid3r
just another M3
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by maicol76 View Post
Zero issue. I track my car heavily and I have double checked and still great. They were fully pressed in with the use of retaining compound.

Loctite retain compound.
Loctite 21448 Green 638 High Strength Retaining Compound, 50 mL Bottle https://a.co/d/1GIqX2o
///M3... Don't want more power, Just want it to turn sharper one step closer each time. -Ohlins TTX Raceline, PolePostions seats, Akrapovic EVO, ARC-8, 1/2 Cage, Seat Delete, Stoptech BBK, solid Subframe and diff bushing, spherical bearing on everything.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2023, 08:14 AM   #18
maicol76
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlrid3r View Post
Zero issue. I track my car heavily and I have double check and still great. They were fully pressed in with the used of retaining compound.

Loctite retain compound.
Loctite 21448 Green 638 High Strength Retaining Compound, 50 mL Bottle https://a.co/d/1GIqX2o
Thanks~
2011 LCI W/DCT / K&N drop in filter / CSF radiator / do88 oil cooler / do88 DCT cooler / Akra Evo / Moton CS 2 way coilover / Wiechers strut bar(F) / ARC strut bar(R) / Alcon Superkit BBK / Tarox rotor / Geoff steel EHPS / Sard carbon-Kevlar GT wing / GT4 carnard / Aim Evo4+G-dash+GT Steering+S/C GP HD / Bride Zeta3 / etc.
Appreciate 0