BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Coding / ConnectedDrive / Audio-Video / Electronics / Bluetooth / I-Drive & Nav

European Auto Source (EAS)

05-15-2024, 11:07 PM   #1
BimmerRob08
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3, Space Gray

Another CarPlay question(s) upgrade

Hello,

As I go through the posts and pages, I have more questions than answers. Hopefully we can square away some of the questions.

First: What am I trying to do? Upgrade to CarPlay apple with touch screen and retain premium sound fidelity and all functions, clearly.

My M3 specs. Early 2008 E92 M3, 6MT, CCC iDrive system with tech package and premium Kardon sound system. I DO NOT have the multi-CD changer option, just the in-dash CD and DVD for maps. Dinan software Stage II. No Siri.

Questions:
1.) It looks like there are several options. If I go with Mr12Volt with the CCC options, I cannot use it if I don't have the CD option but does that mean the car had to be built with the external CD changer option as it explains on the Mr12Volt website?
Mr12Volt: https://www.mr12volt.com/products/p2000-cccmd

2.) If the above is true, do I have to have at least the CD function other than the in-dash CD?
Should I upgrade my CCC to CIC (center console panel and rotary knob) and THEN install the Mr12Volt for the CIC system?

3.) Coding: On the Mr12Volt website, it talks about that the CCC system needs coding. If that is the case, does that have any effect on Dinan stage II software? Is coding more prone to problems and am I better off converting to CIC instead and not mess with coding?

4.) Touch screen. Either with CCC or CIC conversion, would the Bremmen 8.8" touch screen head units be fully compatible with the Mr12Volt system or would I have to go with the Bremmen wireless CarPlay Retrofit Module for the CCC or CIC respectfully and forget the Mr12 Volt system.

Links:
Bremmen 8.8" head unit
https://www.ecstuning.com/b-bremmen-.../002480brp03d/

Wireless CarPlay/Android Auto Retrofit Module (CIC only).
https://www.ecstuning.com/b-bremmen-...1954la02-03~a/

So, to recap, do I upgrade to CIC, go with the 8.8" touchscreen and go with the Mr12Volt OR the Bremmen wireless retrofit CIC upgrade?

Would upgrading the system to CIC and go with the Bremmen touchscreen head and Bremmen wireless retrofit system function better than going with the Mr12volt?

OR

Stay CCC if the Mr12Volt can work without the external CD changer function and mate it up with the Bremmen 8.8" touchscreen CCC head unit? Or is Mr12volt not supposed to function with a touchscreen?

Assuming there were no malfunctions from what others have reported during installation, which approach would be the best? Not worried about cost and I can do wiring as long as I've got detailed instructions.

Thank you!

Rob
Appreciate 0