BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - Southeast

03-06-2022, 01:44 PM   #1
cognoscenti
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011.75 E90 M3 6MT ZCP MR

Charlotte: Best place for Fender Liner/Undertray/Felt Inspection and Repair

Hi all,

I swear that CLT has been getting worse and worse for steep curbs in ordinary driving areas! I'm a pro at avoiding parking curbs, but it's not enough to avoid everything! It's time to get a professional to take a look under the front of my M3 and see whether I need new felt, undertray, fender liner(s), or just an adjustment and maybe replacement plastic mounting screws.

Also, before the obvious and well-intentioned suggestions pour in, I want to keep the car stock so an aftermarket skid plate is not what I have in mind.

Any suggestions where I should go for this? I'm doubting that the dealer will be reasonable. The car is currently (well) maintained by Eurowise - should I just go there? Or is an auto body place better?

Open to any suggestions, and thanks!
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2022, 10:50 AM   #2
B8bydesign
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 BMW M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [10.00]
The guys at Eurowise should be able to help you out, especially since you're already familiar with them and they know the car. I recently had an alignment performed there and they had to drop my Varis Undertray in the rear and noted I was missing some screws/bolts and even gave me a few different sizes as example so I could pick some up at the hardware store.

I know you said you want to keep the car stock, but I can't recommend going with an aftermarket skid enough, especially with these roads, you'll be buying new OEM felt pieces every couple months (unless you rarely drive your car).
Sold: '11.5 e92 M3 | DCT | Mineral White/Novillo | ZCP | ZCV | ZCW | ZP2 | M Performance | ACM | BPM | iND | Thule | LUX | Macht Schnell | Broadway Static | Rogue Engineering | BBS | Challenge | Metak
Appreciate 1
RD1M357.00
      03-17-2022, 11:50 PM   #3
Krypptic
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92M, GT3

I bought the turner reinforced version as a replacement. Highly recommend it.
Appreciate 0