BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

Mporium BMW

05-29-2020, 07:09 AM   #1
MurphS65E92
Rep
Drives: BMW E92 M3

AA Axleback question

Im looking for an X pipe to add to my AA axleback. I don't want to have to tune the car for the cause of CEL's so I want to keep my primary cats at least for now. Im looking for something that will make a louder/better exhaust note and maybe add a few HP's. Im not sure what will fit with this axleback or if any x pipe built for this model car should have a universal fit. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2020, 08:51 AM   #2
MurphS65E92
Rep
Drives: BMW E92 M3

Anybody??
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2020, 09:44 AM   #3
LakeSurfer
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: bicycle

I have a full Active Autowerkes exhaust with catless and x pipe. They make a high flow cat and x pipe system that fits our cars. They can tune it as well and get ride of the CEL.

I'm not gonna lie but my car sounds absolutely amazing.
Appreciate 1
Ajolives922.00
      05-29-2020, 09:52 AM   #4
SYT_Shadow
///M Powered for Life
Rep
Drives: E90M/E92M/M4GTS/M4GT4/X5M

The AA fits all the standard xpipes
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2020, 09:54 AM   #5
Ajolives
Captain
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Garage List
2019 Audi SQ5  [0.00]
2008 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by LakeSurfer View Post
I have a full Active Autowerkes exhaust with catless and x pipe. They make a high flow cat and x pipe system that fits our cars. They can tune it as well and get ride of the CEL.

I've got AA rear installed and waiting to install the pipes and midsection stashed under my bed when I can get around to tuning.

I asked my Indy a couple months ago what exhaust they recommend and without hesitation they said Active Autowerks.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2020, 10:02 AM   #6
redline9001
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, F15 X5, G14 F150

One of the only x pipes that keeps cats in the primary position is ESS.

Unless emissions is a major problem in your state ... losing the primaries and getting a tune really wakes up the car.

If your going go through putting a different x pipe on it’s not that much further to do the tune.
      05-30-2020, 09:04 AM   #7
LakeSurfer
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajolives View Post
Quote:

I've got AA rear installed and waiting to install the pipes and midsection stashed under my bed when I can get around to tuning.

I asked my Indy a couple months ago what exhaust they recommend and without hesitation they said Active Autowerks.
I have a lot of non car guy friends and they think my car sounds like a Lamborghini with the AA system. Although I disagree with them I can certainly see why they think that way.
Appreciate 1
Ajolives922.00
      05-30-2020, 03:31 PM   #8
Ajolives
Captain
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Garage List
2019 Audi SQ5  [0.00]
2008 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I have a lot of non car guy friends and they think my car sounds like a Lamborghini with the AA system. Although I disagree with them I can certainly see why they think that way.
How did your system fit? I met with another member today to buy some wheels and he installed a half dozen AA systems on multiple cars and he said they all fit like crap and needed adjustments. I had problems with mine, couldn't get the driver's pipe to line up and the clamp was digging into my heat shielding when I test fit it.

Very sorry OP for going off topic here.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2020, 08:41 PM   #9
JBird..
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 M3

If you are looking to retain your factory cats you can always go this route https://ind-distribution.com/collect...-x-pipe-street. I personally wish I did this versus removing the stock resonators and secondary cats.
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2020, 02:59 PM   #10
LakeSurfer
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

How did your system fit? I met with another member today to buy some wheels and he installed a half dozen AA systems on multiple cars and he said they all fit like crap and needed adjustments. I had problems with mine, couldn't get the driver's pipe to line up and the clamp was digging into my heat shielding when I test fit it.

Very sorry OP for going off topic here.
Soo mine was installed by AA in Miami. Because it was the entire system I'm sure they had a little more wiggle room as far as fitment is concerned. It looked great to me at first, however, recently I was under the car to replace an o2 sensor and found that a mounting bracket was broken off one of the pipes. I was gonna try to align it Bach up and tack weld it on but it was about 1/2 inch or more out of reach from where it broke off. I imagine the entire system was or is under some pressure as far as mounting is concerned. This caused the bracket to snap off IMO. But I examined the rest of the system and from what I saw everything else looked to be fine.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2020, 11:50 PM   #11
Talib
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: %E2%80%9812 E92 M3

Full AA exhaust here (catless x pipe to gen 2 rear). No issues with fitment, barely any drone, and sounds phenomenal.
      06-10-2020, 07:27 AM   #12
amrazM
mTekMods
United_States
Rep
Drives: like a granny.

Pair the AA axleback with the AA midpipe, they come up very often and arent that expensive.

G-Power Supercharged
First DCT to Manual Conversion Worldwide
KW CS, BBS RI-A, BW Headers, Snow 2.5
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2020, 12:52 AM   #13
gilberjj
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

WTB AA axleback gen 2!!! 😁
Appreciate 0