BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews

Mporium BMW

02-13-2012, 06:17 PM   #1
Mr. ///M3 RD
Happy Camper
Canada
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG & 280 SL on Weekends :

Garage List
A Great European Delivery (ED) Story ...

One of the bests ED stories with great detail on some of the facts I've seen. See if you agree ...

Here it is ---> Click to Open the Forum Thread

Same story as published in the New York Times ---> CLICK to Open

As a frequent travler to Germany I like to just point out a few points / tips ...

1) You will be paying close to if not more then $11-/US Gallon of Premium Gas.

2) You will worry about your car during the night when it is parked.

3) You will encounter some very small and narrow roads.

4) If you travel to Italy you will pay a lot of tool on the Italian Autostrade (Autostrade = Autobahn)

To overcome some of the points above I like to ...
  • Stay off the Autobahn enjoy the scenery and save gas ... except here and then
  • Stay in B&B's or smaller Inns the car is always safe
  • Stay of the Autostrade whenever possible and avoid small narrow mountain roads.

Having said all this, disregard what I said you are if you do the ED spend a great deal on a new Bimmer so you may as well do the whole nine yards and enjoy yourself. As they say nothing can top the experience to legally zoom along the Autobahn at top speed (once you pass the break in milage of your new car ~ just a reminder).

Whatever you do when you do go ... enjoy it will be an unforgettable trip ... you will see

For more ED stories ---> Click here and enjoy

I won't be doing a ED for a spell my next trip to Germany will make use of the EuroRail Pass, here and then I shall rent a car then watch out slow pokes in the left lane on the Autobahn

Life will take us to some interesting places, fortunately The ///M3 will too with a many of us know this very well, now my C6.3 AMG with 487 HP does it too
---> Click here for some good stuff I found
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2012, 06:56 PM   #2
CrazyIvan
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolf-Dieter View Post
One of the bests ED stories with great detail on some of the facts I've seen. See if you agree ...

Here it is ---> Click to Open the Forum Thread

Same story as published in the New York Times ---> CLICK to Open

As a frequent travler to Germany I like to just point out a few points / tips ...

1) You will be paying close to if not more then $11-/US Gallon of Premium Gas.

2) You will worry about your car during the night when it is parked.

3) You will encounter some very small and narrow roads.

4) If you travel to Italy you will pay a lot of tool on the Italian Autostrade (Autostrade = Autobahn)

To overcome some of the points above I like to ...
  • Stay off the Autobahn enjoy the scenery and save gas ... except here and then
  • Stay in B&B's or smaller Inns the car is always safe
  • Stay of the Autostrade whenever possible and avoid small narrow mountain roads.

Having said all this, disregard what I said you are if you do the ED spend a great deal on a new Bimmer so you may as well do the whole nine yards and enjoy yourself. As they say nothing can top the experience to legally zoom along the Autobahn at top speed (once you pass the break in milage of your new car ~ just a reminder).

Whatever you do when you do go ... enjoy it will be an unforgettable trip ... you will see

For more ED stories ---> Click here and enjoy

I won't be doing a ED for a spell my next trip to Germany will make use of the EuroRail Pass, here and then I shall rent a car then watch out slow pokes in the left lane on the Autobahn
Bernhard Hausmaninger was my delivery guy too! Cant say enough nice words about the man!
      02-13-2012, 07:01 PM   #3
Mr. ///M3 RD
Happy Camper
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyIvan View Post
Bernhard Hausmaninger was my delivery guy too! Cant say enough nice words about the man!
They are all super folks at Die Welt, I was there in 2009 on my last European trip. Looking forward to my trip this year (London, Paris and Berlin).

I simply liked the story Ivan since it points out some of the advantages for the American purchaser.

I was a member here for over a year before I came across the ED delivery thread. So I added it here again so new members my find it

Life will take us to some interesting places, fortunately The ///M3 will too with a many of us know this very well, now my C6.3 AMG with 487 HP does it too

Last edited by Mr. ///M3 RD; 02-13-2012 at 07:03 PM.. Reason: slight addition
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2012, 07:20 PM   #4
CrazyIvan
Lieutenant
Rep

Completely agree, Rolf. That's the only way to buy a BMW. If you have an opportunity to do it, its absolutely worth the wait. Welt staff makes a very special event.

I could barely sleep the night before I picked my M3 in Munich last July. Its no secret that you can get a glimpse of your new car at Welt before official delivery time. My delivery was scheduled for 1pm, at 12:59 it still wasnt on the delivery floor. And then it appears... you cant mistake that V8 sound for anything... even in a crowded place like Welt...

What a great experience!
Attached Images

02-13-2012, 08:12 PM   #5
MUFCbmwbear
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 24 M2 & 20 M340xi

Mike ED'd my car for me! I feel I may have missed the best part. Next one I guess.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2012, 05:18 AM   #6
dagolfpro
Colonel
Taiwan
Rep

Man, I'm 0-2 on ED. First chance was back in 1999. By the time I could afford my E36 coupe, they had stopped production on the E36 coupe and I wasn't a fan of the of the newer body style. Last year, decided to buy E90, was told again that production was stopping in Oct/Nov and the thought of driving in the snow around Europe didn't sound as exciting. Maybe on my next purchase in the future. Still love reading the stories of other guys doing ED. Waiting for my chance someday...
Mods List: Evolve Exhaust | M Perf Steering Wheel | Tint | Lux | Hardwired V1 | KW V3 | Volshlag CP | Brembo BBK | BBS FI | Yokohama AD08 R| Schroth 4 Point Harness | Challenge GT Diffuser | OEM GTS Wing| GTS Lip| I lied earlier, I wasn't done with mod, but I swear, I'm done now, no more mods...
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2012, 07:06 AM   #7
immiketoo
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Smoothly

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFCbmwbear View Post
Mike ED'd my car for me! I feel I may have missed the best part. Next one I guess.
Yeah, I went overboard a bit. Three in the last four years. I need to see a therapist

Quote:
Originally Posted by double eagle View Post
Thickness feels good to me and my hands aren't that big.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2012, 08:53 AM   #8
MUFCbmwbear
Major
United_States
Rep

3? Thought it was just two, yea you do need help

Quote:
Originally Posted by immiketoo View Post
Yeah, I went overboard a bit. Three in the last four years. I need to see a therapist
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2012, 09:22 AM   #9
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Odysse

Can anyone confirm that BMWNA will reimburse you for the 1,200 mile oil change if you have it done out there?
Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2012, 09:24 AM   #10
Mr. ///M3 RD
Happy Camper
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by aus View Post
Can anyone confirm that BMWNA will reimburse you for the 1,200 mile oil change if you have it done out there?
I understand (read some place) that in the USA your dealer will reimburse you for it. Check with your dealership.

Appreciate 0
      02-14-2012, 10:07 AM   #11
Bimmer Freeeek!
Live Fast. Die Young.
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 ///M3

Sometimes people are baffled as to why I went all the way to Germany to "buy" my car, like I will get asked how much I had to pay for shipping costs, import taxes/fees, etc. Promotion and awareness of the ED program at dealerships seems fairly low, but I guess that is to be expected as most BMW drivers are not enthusiasts like us and are just after the status associated with the black and blue emblem.

For me, European Delivery is the only way to buy a new BMW. The product is top-notch from start to finish. The only downside was that after meeting my new love, I knew that two months would pass before I got to see him again. This probably isn't relevant to you all, but one of my favorite things about my ED was getting to enjoy loads of German eye candy. Bavarian men are hot.

2012 M3 E92 SS-II
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2012, 10:19 AM   #12
Mr. ///M3 RD
Happy Camper
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer Freeeek! View Post
Sometimes people are baffled as to why I went all the way to Germany to "buy" my car, like I will get asked how much I had to pay for shipping costs, import taxes/fees, etc. Promotion and awareness of the ED program at dealerships seems fairly low, but I guess that is to be expected as most BMW drivers are not enthusiasts like us and are just after the status associated with the black and blue emblem.

For me, European Delivery is the only way to buy a new BMW. The product is top-notch from start to finish. The only downside was that after meeting my new love, I knew that two months would pass before I got to see him again. This probably isn't relevant to you all, but one of my favorite things about my ED was getting to enjoy loads of German eye candy. Bavarian men are hot.
You Silver Tongue Devil

Appreciate 0
      02-14-2012, 11:09 AM   #13
CrazyIvan
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
I understand (read some place) that in the USA your dealer will reimburse you for it. Check with your dealership.
I'm still waiting on the refund.
      02-14-2012, 11:16 AM   #14
Mr. ///M3 RD
Happy Camper
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyIvan View Post
I'm still waiting on the refund.
Ivan, what did they tell you in Germany and are you following up with your dealership? The fellows that sold you the car in the USA?

Appreciate 0
      02-14-2012, 11:20 AM   #15
CrazyIvan
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Ivan, what did they tell you in Germany and are you following up with your dealership? The fellows that sold you the car in the USA?
The Germans dont care about that. US warranty/maintenance plan do not apply in Europe. I paid for service myself and submitted claim with the selling dealer. Dealer claims that it just takes a while. BMWNA has no way to track it.
      02-16-2012, 07:41 PM   #16
TVMA Doc
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3, Jerez Black

Garage List
Quote:
Wow, ED has a very different meaning in medicine. I'm glad to see that everyone had a good time with their "ED".
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2012, 07:50 PM   #17
K-M3
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '12 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVMA Doc View Post
Wow, ED has a very different meaning in medicine. I'm glad to see that everyone had a good time with their "ED".
lol!!!!!!!!!
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2012, 09:10 AM   #18
MUFCbmwbear
Major
United_States
Rep

^well played
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2012, 09:28 AM   #19
Mr. ///M3 RD
Happy Camper
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Let me know when you purchase your next BMW I'll ED it for you gladly and wiil treat it with tender loving care perhaps you need a translator if you will do the ED I'll help you there as well. I go back to the old country now every 2 years ... think of it Gas Price would be cut in half

Appreciate 0
      02-18-2012, 09:42 AM   #20
Mr. ///M3 RD
Happy Camper
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by immiketoo View Post
I may have outdone you ... in the past 2 years I sold my e46 M3, got into a e85 Z4 30is. Realized it was poor on quality then traded up to a e89 Z4 35i. The e89 disappointed me with fuel pump issues and 2 rear cracked wheels so I went back to a ///M3 2011 fairly basic no options. Not long thereafter I wanted a fully loaded ///M3. My SA is a great friend and found one for me so naturally I got back into my now fully loaded 2012 ///M3.

I must say I got a great deal, still my girls and neighbours must think I am totally gone nuts. Little do they know I'm with my car.

So that's trading 3 cars and selling one in 2 years ... wait for it I forgot traded my old DD in for a new DD as well ... as they say life is short all I'm doing is having a blast.

Appreciate 0