BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Coding / ConnectedDrive / Audio-Video / Electronics / Bluetooth / I-Drive & Nav

European Auto Source (EAS)

10-11-2018, 10:25 AM   #1
RedCardinal
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3 e93

DIY coding for EDC replacement?

Hi, I finally realized that the intermittent Increased Battery Discharge warning and occasional completely dead battery is the fault of the EDC (the telltale sign is evidently the start button light staying lit for hours after I lock the car up).

I can purchase a salvaged/used EDC on ebay but have read that they need to be recoded. However I haven't been able to find any DIY's on how to do it.

I'm computer savvy, and have both Carly (don't use it to register your battery, it's faulty) and a k+dcan cable with a PC - I just need to know what steps to follow...?

Thanks all.

edit, I got it. I used NCS to make a MAN file of my original EDC, then when I installed the used one from ebay I just wrote that MAN file onto it. They're the same part number so I figured that'd work.

Last edited by RedCardinal; 10-18-2018 at 09:23 PM..
Appreciate 1
Hagasan41261.50