BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

European Auto Source (EAS)

08-30-2018, 05:20 PM   #45
deansbimmer
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: 2011 E93 M3

Garage List
1988 BMW M3  [0.00]
2013 BMW M3  [0.00]
2011 X5M  [0.00]
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
In Texas there is an automated phone number one can call to report road rage. Supposedly you provide the vehicle and plate info and they mail a nastygram to the registered owner. I guess it's better than nothing.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2018, 05:27 PM   #46
PKL
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2020 M4, 2022 X6

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFCM3 View Post
i work and live in SF. not sf bay area like most ppl here who have san francisco as their location. i see this kind of shit all the time
I lived in SF CITY for 2 years, in a nice apartment in a nice area, regardless, what a hell hole, so glad I moved back to perfect Santa Monica.
      08-30-2018, 07:10 PM   #47
BayE30
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011.75 E90 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrippy View Post
Ahhhhhhhhhh! Then she was BTT.
i already assumed from the description of events and knowing the city...
      08-30-2018, 08:52 PM   #48
Tracyis300
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 E90 M3

Damn! How many bottles does this lady have? She threw 6 at you from the gas station. Then she reloaded on you from the freeway!.. Lol
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2018, 09:14 PM   #49
m3jala
Captain
Rep
Drives: Jet Black 2013 BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by XKxRome0ox View Post
time to get that 2-channel dash cam

I'm surprised at how few people have a good setup
I'm actively researching and shopping around for one right now
I recommend the blackvue recent models. They have a bunch of options, but in short you can get cloud sync, 2 channel, record while off (requires install to battery) and wifi sync. The unit is low profile. Looks like something serious not to mess with in the car.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2018, 11:53 PM   #50
firstbimmer
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 e92 M3 & '15 f15 X5 35i x

SF is a dump. The amount of crackheads, human feces, and needles I walk by in the 2 blocks from where I park for work is absurd. The fact that I'm even writing a sentence with any of those things about an area within 3 blocks of city hall just reinforces how crappy SF has become. I stopped bringing my M3 into the city over a year ago and bought an X5 for the work commute. The roads are trash and driving down van ness is like driving a rutted third world dirt road. With the X5, driving in SF is its only chance to go off roading, and the roads are so bad I probably would be better with an actual off road vehicle!
Appreciate 4
DrFerry6722.50
Z K1886.00
IB M2765.50
      08-31-2018, 12:34 AM   #51
jiggz
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3|F15 X5 50i

Sounds just like Seattle.
Appreciate 1
DrFerry6722.50
      08-31-2018, 01:29 AM   #52
Frozen
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Frozen Red e92 ZCP

SF is a total dump. It's a shame because it used to be such a beautiful city.
Appreciate 1
DrFerry6722.50
      08-31-2018, 02:29 AM   #53
Helmsman
Major General
Sweden
Rep
Drives: 2011 AW E90 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by e90m305 View Post
SF is a total dump. It's a shame because it used to be such a beautiful city.
Been to Silicon Valley a few times and always regretted I never found time to visit San Francisco, heard so many good things about it. Reading this thread it seems I missed the glorious days of the city. Sad story!
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2018, 03:37 AM   #54
firstbimmer
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 e92 M3 & '15 f15 X5 35i x

https://www.sfchronicle.com/news/art...t-12839281.php

Good read. When the person who is paid to promote the city says it's a dump, you've reached an all time low. It's sad really, because based on everything I see when I'm in SF for work it's only getting worse and that trend isn't going to change any time soon.
Appreciate 1
DrFerry6722.50
      08-31-2018, 10:09 AM   #55
dparm
Stop the hate, get a V8
United_States
Rep
Drives: C7 Corvette GS, AMG C63 S

Quote:
Filling the report was like pulling teeth. I had a license plate, a glass bottle with finger prints that I had to ask them 5 times to collect. As well as 6 pictures of her at various points that day. The officer said it was a rental car and nothing would probably come from this. I was like, a rental Camry with blacked out windows and black painted rims? I can see why people take matters into their own hands.

They have bigger issues to worry about, like cleaning up poop.
      08-31-2018, 10:21 AM   #56
deansbimmer
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: 2011 E93 M3

Garage List
1988 BMW M3  [0.00]
2013 BMW M3  [0.00]
2011 X5M  [0.00]
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
My wife and I visited SF two years back to meet with friends. We enjoy walking to our destinations when visiting new places and I'll tell you that while walking around SF I felt like we could get jumped at any time, even on the main streets. I conceal carry in Texas but California is a non-reciprocal state so I couldn't over there. We definitely didn't feel safe. We witnessed vagrants squatting on the sidewalk, following people while cursing, one was carrying a bat around assaulting random trees and trash cans... Yikes.
Appreciate 1
DrFerry6722.50
      08-31-2018, 10:33 AM   #57
xander_g
Major
Rep
Drives: G30 M550i

Garage List
Quote:
I've never experienced more BMW hate than today. Lady is pissed because of traffic so she cuts through a gas station to bypass the turn light. She stops in the gas station and throws bottles at my car and 2 others for being in her majesties path home. She probably threw like 6 bottles at us. She then speeds away. I'm furious but she's gone and I'm not running a red light to pursue her. Well I eventually get on the 101 and who do I see......cunty already mixing it up with other motorists. My lane was moving so I took a pic of her plate which she saw and went off the deep end! She now is throwing bottles at me in close proximity (car next to me)and one misses my head, bounces off the passenger side a piler and lands on my floor. Now I have about 8 golf ball dents sprinkled on both sides of my car. Road rage is some serious shit out here in SF! I just pray her prints are in the system which judging by her demeanor in public is very likely.

You showed good restraint, sir. As much as you would have liked to fistfuck her face, your children and family are more important. Everytime I'm about to lose it on someone, i think of everything I stand to lose and everyone that I will disappoint.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2018, 01:49 PM   #58
Scrippy
Lord Scrip
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 Coupe

Garage List
  [0.00]
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Post View Post
New San Francisco Mayor: "There's More Feces... Than I've Ever Seen"

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-...-ive-ever-seen

The new Mayor of San Francisco, London Breed, is beside herself at the abject squalor resulting from decades of "progressive" policies that encourage homeless residents to use the streets as their personal toilet.

In an interview with local station NBC Bay Area, Breed acknowledged that the poo-coated city she was born and raised in has a "huge problem" she aims to clean up.

"I will say there is more feces on the sidewalks than I’ve ever seen growing up here," Breed said. "That is a huge problem and we are not just talking about from dogs — we’re talking about from humans."

Unfortunately, her solution is to simply ask the city's estimated 7,500 vagrants to kindly stop with all the street-squatting and clean up after themselves. Considering that 39% of homeless surveyed in San Francisco's "homeless census" claim to have mental health issues, we're not entirely sure how this policy will work.

When pressed about whether her plan calls for harsher penalties against those who litter or defecate on city streets, Breed said "I didn’t express anything about a penalty." Instead, the mayor said she has encouraged nonprofits "to talk to their clients, who, unfortunately, were mostly responsible for the conditions of our streets." -NBC Bay Area

"I work hard to make sure your programs are funded for the purposes of trying to get these individuals help, and what I am asking you to do is work with your clients and ask them to at least have respect for the community — at least, clean up after themselves and show respect to one another and people in the neighborhood," Breed told NBC, referencing her conversations with nonprofit groups aimed at serving the homeless.

San Francisco's "huge problem" isn't restricted to poo either - the city is full of drug addicts who are more or less allowed to just do their thing. On Friday, two days after Breed was sworn into office, she went on a jaunt around the city in an afternoon stroll, where a guy was literally prepping to shoot up as she walked past.

...see link above.

SF's mayor is a fucking idiot. There is no control over the city and it is a sanctuary city. Not only is the mayor doing a poor job but she violates federal law regarding immigration. And they wonder why the city is sinking!
      08-31-2018, 01:51 PM   #59
Scrippy
Lord Scrip
United_States
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by xander_g View Post
Quote:
I've never experienced more BMW hate than today. Lady is pissed because of traffic so she cuts through a gas station to bypass the turn light. She stops in the gas station and throws bottles at my car and 2 others for being in her majesties path home. She probably threw like 6 bottles at us. She then speeds away. I'm furious but she's gone and I'm not running a red light to pursue her. Well I eventually get on the 101 and who do I see......cunty already mixing it up with other motorists. My lane was moving so I took a pic of her plate which she saw and went off the deep end! She now is throwing bottles at me in close proximity (car next to me)and one misses my head, bounces off the passenger side a piler and lands on my floor. Now I have about 8 golf ball dents sprinkled on both sides of my car. Road rage is some serious shit out here in SF! I just pray her prints are in the system which judging by her demeanor in public is very likely.

You showed good restraint, sir. As much as you would have liked to fistfuck her face, your children and family are more important. Everytime I'm about to lose it on someone, i think of everything I stand to lose and everyone that I will disappoint.
Yeah, family is the most important. Daddy beating up a crackhead and being in jail instead of working doesn't work out.
      08-31-2018, 03:27 PM   #60
MPower7
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 11' e92 M3

And the roads are FUCKING garbage. Worried about getting suspension.
Appreciate 2
DrFerry6722.50
Aktavate245.50
      08-31-2018, 03:50 PM   #61
Scrippy
Lord Scrip
United_States
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Post View Post
[SIZE="5"]San Francisco Unveils 'Safe Spaces' For Injecting Heroin[/SIZE]

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-...jecting-heroin

In 1971, the Nixon administration coined the term "War on Drugs." Nixon's crusade to eliminate illegal drug-use turned into propaganda by state-run media and was championed by succeeding presidents, including Reagan. Four decades and counting: The continued failure of the War on Drugs has led the government to waste hundreds of billions of dollars in taxpayer dollars and turned America's prison system into a dystopian nightmare.

Prohibition of drugs is not only ineffective, but counterproductive, at achieving positive outcomes for society. Given the fact that the War on Drugs has contributed to an increase in drug overdoses and fostered the creation of powerful drug cartels domestically and internationally.

We have to ask the question: What can America do differently since the War on Drugs has failed?

The answer could be in the city of San Francisco, as the Department of Public Health is on pace to open two safe injections sites this July, which could become the nation's first legal, safe injection site aimed at curbing the opioid epidemic. The facilities are considered safe spaces where drug abusers can inject drugs, such as heroin and fentanyl, under the careful supervision of trained medical staff to respond in the event of an overdose or other medical emergencies, said CNN.

While San Francisco Mayor Mark Farrell believes the controversial facilities are not the ideal solution, he thinks the city has no other choice in arresting the out of control overdose deaths ravaging the region.

"I understand the misgivings around it and some of the rhetoric from people who don't support it," Farrell said last week. "But we absolutely need to give it a try."

Other cities — including Seattle, Baltimore, and Philadelphia — are discussing safe injection facilities with their community leaders, but San Francisco could be the first in the next few months. For some time, facilities in Australia, Canada, and Europe have been providing a friendly environment for drug users to chase the dragon.

Lots more to read about this lovely city at the link above..
To your point I literally witnessed homeless on the streets injecting heroin 3 times in my one lunch trip. I also saw the workers walking around who take old needles and hand the bums new needles. I have no better idea to offer but this in a band aid at best and was quit unbelievable to witness. All the while the sweet aroma of urine violates your sense of smell no matter where you are. I hate to crap on the city but I've been visiting SF for 20 years and it is at an all time low based off my experiences.
      08-31-2018, 03:52 PM   #62
Scrippy
Lord Scrip
United_States
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPower7 View Post
And the roads are FUCKING garbage. Worried about getting suspension.
The roads are complete shit! I'm lowered about an inch and it is knarly driving around SF. LA is shit but in contrast to SF, I love LA even more now lol. Especially with all the road projects active making things even worse in downtown SF.
      08-31-2018, 04:06 PM   #63
Z K
Major General
Rep
Drives: E90 M3, G20 M340i

I work a few blocks away from the Tenderloin area and walk past drug dealers, drug users, homeless people (most of whom are drug users or have mental issues). Sometimes I'll see tourists wandering around. While I know there are dangerous places to be in the city - they do not. Someone should be telling them to avoid those areas.

As for things getting worse, it hasn't... it's been about the same for the past 30 years or so. I grew up in SF and it hasn't changed. What has changed is that there are a ton more people than before. Rent is high so people are moving into these bad areas that locals would avoid. So there is a lot more visibility into these problems.

There isn't really a solution either. You'd need to get homeless into mental institutions, get druggies into rehab programs etc. All of which cost a lot of money and not many of them can be productive members of society even with help. There are a few programs which help such as paying homeless people to do street cleaning - it helps those that are able to work and cleans the streets at the same time. But the majority which have mental and drug issues need a lot more than just a job.

If you really want to not see all this stuff - go the the nice areas in SF. The Marina, Pacific Heights, the Richmond, Sunset and other places. You'll rarely see homeless and its safe for children to play outdoors. These areas are very suburban and residential. I guess people would call them "boring" if they're looking for the "big city" life.
      08-31-2018, 05:03 PM   #64
IB M
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3 MG/SO ZCP DCT

Garage List
2017 BMW M3  [8.50]
2013 BMW M3  [10.00]
It's a shame and even a crime that the city government won't own the problem. Pass and enforce loitering and vagrancy laws. Provide shelter, care and rehab via charity organizations and build new government institutions to house and care for the mentally ill. Taxes are so high, some money could go to build new facilities. Repeat offenders or those not willing to help themselves or take help offered get put in jail. If none of that works the kind and compassionate city leaders that foster this tragedy should open up their own homes as safe injection sites.
Appreciate 1
DrFerry6722.50
      08-31-2018, 05:14 PM   #65
Z K
Major General
Rep
Drives: E90 M3, G20 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by IB M View Post
It's a shame and even a crime that the city government won't own the problem. Pass and enforce loitering and vagrancy laws. Provide shelter, care and rehab via charity organizations and build new government institutions to house and care for the mentally ill. Taxes are so high, some money could go to build new facilities. Repeat offenders or those not willing to help themselves or take help offered get put in jail. If none of that works the kind and compassionate city leaders that foster this tragedy should open up their own homes as safe injection sites.
The city spent $160 million on homeless last year. They're looking to increase that quite a bit this year.

It's not all for lack of effort. In a place where the average home price is over $1M, providing housing is not cheap but they are building new housing for homeless to spend the night. There are rehab programs, places that provide meals, job training etc. Jails are already full. With housing costs for prisoners at nearing $100k per person a year, it's costing tax payers a lot of money to put someone in jail - only the worst offenders go to jail. Heck, SF even offers homeless a free a one way ticket to anywhere they want to go if they ask!

Believe me, everyone is trying... it's not an easy problem. Short of just lining people up before a firing squad and putting them out of their misery, there isn't much else to do.
      08-31-2018, 05:29 PM   #66
IB M
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3 MG/SO ZCP DCT

Garage List
2017 BMW M3  [8.50]
2013 BMW M3  [10.00]
^props for the efforts and compassion - the sad truth, as anyone who has been an addict or has loved and addict will tell you, enabling addicts only hurts them more and extends their misery. Allowing safe havens to inject is enabling. Sadly enabling an addict is worse and more cruel than the firing line that you mentioned. Mis-guided, otherwise kind hearted, people fall prey to this trap too often.

Got to deep - let's get back to talking about cars.
Appreciate 1
DrFerry6722.50