BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 vs....

Mporium BMW

03-24-2018, 07:53 PM   #67
Transfer
Major General
Rep
Drives: Bronco Wildtrak, Tesla MYP

I love reading these threads talking about new vs old speed vs emotion and of course NA vs turbo. Just about everyone in this thread has had good things to contribute with a few exceptions, you know who you are . In another thread there is the guy asking about the best e92 M3 to buy and he's cross shopping F8x and someone says they are very different cars. And they are!

The F8x and E9x are worlds apart but they are what we have from BMW, the maker of the best driving sport luxury cars for mortal men. There isn't really an answer to this question other than how do you feel behind the wheel and how do you feel when you step out of the car. For me, this year it's E9x. In 5 years? Maybe it will be F8x or the new M3 or an M2. These are all capable cars and as pointed out, run circles around direct competitors.

After spending time on road and track with F8x cars and ownership of E9x M I see advantages of each but the older car has enough speed for me and carries a huge win in the feels department. Doesn't hurt that good ones can be had for <$40k!
Appreciate 1
SYT_Shadow11421.00
      04-11-2018, 08:23 PM   #68
GerrS65
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 E92 M3

I'm not planning on making a huge payday off my E92. I had my E39 M5 for several years, put 30K miles on it, and sold it for a grand less than I paid. That's one thing I love about these cars. If you buy used, take care of them, enjoy them, and you'll never loose your ass on it if you decide to sell!
Appreciate 0