BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews

Mporium BMW

07-27-2013, 07:15 PM   #1
al3xander
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3

Fully loaded 11' E92 DCT, good deal?

Looking at a 2011 jet black ZCP on fox red extended with every option available

12k miles on the clock, the lowest they'll take is ... 55,700

Fair price to you guys?
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2013, 07:42 PM   #2
fuddman
Major
Rep
Drives: 528-maybe

It's hard to say with just the info you provided. There are many things involved in pricing a car other than mileage and options. For instance, is a dealer selling it? A BMW dealer? One owner? Carfax or history? In service date? Certified? Condition? These things can move the price significantly.
Having said that and going only by the price/options you quoted, I would say it's high. My reason is - that car, new, could have been been had for about 61k.
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2013, 07:56 PM   #3
al3xander
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuddman View Post
It's hard to say with just the info you provided. There are many things involved in pricing a car other than mileage and options. For instance, is a dealer selling it? A BMW dealer? One owner? Carfax or history? In service date? Certified? Condition? These things can move the price significantly.
Having said that and going only by the price/options you quoted, I would say it's high. My reason is - that car, new, could have been been had for about 61k.

Sorry should have added all that..It is a dealer. Not bmw dealer though. 1 owner. Clean car fax. Not a CPO. It's out of state so I can only go by pictures but the car looks to be In very good condition interior and exterior.
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2013, 01:19 AM   #4
fuddman
Major
Rep
Drives: 528-maybe

Generally speaking, I would not do business with an out of state independent used car dealer who I did not know personally. The reason for that is I'm reasonably sure these dealers get their inventory from auctions. The way I look at it, cars show up at auctions because they are likely a problem to someone and I'd rather avoid inheriting that outcome. (I'm not referring to exclusive BMW auctions)
I have bought an out of state used BMW from a BMW dealer.
If your convinced this car is the one you want, then, at least, have a BMW dealer where the car is located do a pre sale inspection for you. Among other things, make sure it's not modded in a way that voids the BMW warranty. You might also take the vin to your local dealer and ask him to pull a service history. Look that over, too. Establish the "in service date." That's going to tell you how much time you have left on the warranty.
With regard to the price, you would have to work at it, but, I think you could get an '11 CPOed M3 for 55.7k. It might not have everything you want on it, but, hey, who cares about having the Cold Weather Package,for example, when all you need are heated seats.
Appreciate 0