BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

BPM

09-25-2018, 06:20 PM   #1
Route 16
I got lei'd
Philippines
Rep
Drives: '10 E90 M3

HELP..Airlift Performance remote turns off every time stereo sound has bass

When I bought my E90. It had a pioneer headunit in there. No issues, plays/works how it should. No idea how wiring went in.
A year later, my Airlift set up is installed at a shop...works as well also until my compressor was faulty and kept blowing fuses. Which is now replaced with another compressor and now I run dual instead of single. Works fine, no issues at all.

Ever since my airlift set up was installed, the remote only powers up once the Pioneer headunit is on and ready. Now I notice that every time the stereo plays a song with bass and volume is at 7 and above which for me am barely able to enjoy. The remote turns off. I put the volume to 6 when the bass isn't heavy enough to make it turn off.

Is there a way for me to maintain power in the remote and not lose the screen. The Airlift module/ECU works and doesn't adjust anything once the remote is off.

I haven't played with syncing my iPhone to bluetooth the Airlift module but I'd still like to control the ride heights with the remote.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2018, 10:53 AM   #2
yidgyi
///M
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92 M3 ZCP

Sounds like a wiring issue or the vibration causing wires to short out? Not sure. My first step would be rechecking how the wiring was done.
      09-26-2018, 11:15 PM   #3
Route 16
I got lei'd
Philippines
Rep
Drives: '10 E90 M3

Wondering if this might be a common issue as well with other cars. I only know of only one other person who has airlift that functions normally when the car is on and not waiting for the radio.
Appreciate 0