BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

BPM

02-11-2017, 03:25 PM   #309
Sellout
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 M3 DCT

I'd be shocked if the Dinan DCT software(or any other, really) was anything other than a GTS file with maybe a slight adjustment to the shift time.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2017, 01:38 AM   #310
JamesT335I
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3 2009 E92

what's the current price?

what's the current going price for this tune alex?
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2017, 03:51 PM   #311
SDPLV
Major
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 M3 DCT Silverstone II

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesT335I View Post
what's the current going price for this tune alex?
$110 for GTS DCT + feature coding
$50 for cable
Current: 08 E90 M3 DCT SSII w/ BE RB Swap, H8 Lux 180s, MS Drop-in AF, CF spoiler, CF diffuser, OEM CF leather trim, CF DCT paddles, Custom DCT flatbottom wheel, MirrorTap 9500ix, RockAuto rotors, Hawk HPS pads, AMS ECU 93 Oct Map Tune, GTS DCT update, Slambo custom undertray
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2017, 01:50 PM   #312
Locksmythe
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 e92 M3 AW/FR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josparky View Post
Okay...having installed this DCT tune from Alpine, few things I'm experiencing and noticed after driving for about a month now.

Auto mode: (normal driving)
1- Change into 3rd gear has become slower than stock
2- Change into Reverse is faster, Change back to Drive is the same as stock.
3- Rev matches down to 2nd and 1st gear more often..feels a bit too often.

Manual mode: (spirited driving)
4- definitely more aggressive and noticeable faster upshifts under load. It's fantastic!

My question is, if there is a gain somewhere (in this case aggressive upshifts), is it normal to have some kind of loss elsewhere? (ie points 1 and 3 above)
Any comments or updates on these negative (1 and 3) issues noticed?
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2017, 11:03 PM   #313
SDPLV
Major
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 M3 DCT Silverstone II

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Locksmythe View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josparky View Post
Okay...having installed this DCT tune from Alpine, few things I'm experiencing and noticed after driving for about a month now.

Auto mode: (normal driving)
1- Change into 3rd gear has become slower than stock
2- Change into Reverse is faster, Change back to Drive is the same as stock.
3- Rev matches down to 2nd and 1st gear more often..feels a bit too often.

Manual mode: (spirited driving)
4- definitely more aggressive and noticeable faster upshifts under load. It's fantastic!

My question is, if there is a gain somewhere (in this case aggressive upshifts), is it normal to have some kind of loss elsewhere? (ie points 1 and 3 above)
Any comments or updates on these negative (1 and 3) issues noticed?
DCT GTS >>> Stock DCT
It's a no brainer.
Current: 08 E90 M3 DCT SSII w/ BE RB Swap, H8 Lux 180s, MS Drop-in AF, CF spoiler, CF diffuser, OEM CF leather trim, CF DCT paddles, Custom DCT flatbottom wheel, MirrorTap 9500ix, RockAuto rotors, Hawk HPS pads, AMS ECU 93 Oct Map Tune, GTS DCT update, Slambo custom undertray
Appreciate 2
SYT_Shadow11509.50
cliverman955.50
      02-25-2017, 07:30 PM   #314
buddalun
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 911 x 2, Tesla M3P & MYP

Alex @ Alpine is awesome!

GTS DCT flash is excellent. Best mod for the money, IMO. I would never go back to stock SW.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2017, 08:15 PM   #315
Jhanksm3
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2023 G80 M3 Comp

I'm going to be giving Alex a call monday
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2017, 08:17 PM   #316
dparm
Stop the hate, get a V8
United_States
Rep
Drives: C7 Corvette GS, AMG C63 S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sellout View Post
I'd be shocked if the Dinan DCT software(or any other, really) was anything other than a GTS file with maybe a slight adjustment to the shift time.
This.

It has been suggested repeatedly that most of these DCT flashes are just modified versions of the GTS software. Each vendor has their own specific adjustments, namely to not be quite as aggressive as the GTS.
      02-26-2017, 05:40 PM   #317
TE26M3
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 Chalk M5 Competition

Question, when this is brought to the dealer is there a chance they overwrite the GTS flash?

PS, just purchased today and really looking forward to it! Can't stand the low gear lag...drives me nuts!
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2017, 07:14 AM   #318
Sellout
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 M3 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by TE26M3 View Post
Question, when this is brought to the dealer is there a chance they overwrite the GTS flash?

PS, just purchased today and really looking forward to it! Can't stand the low gear lag...drives me nuts!
There wouldn't be much reason for them to overwrite the transmission control module. Sure they have the capability to do so, but why would they?

I've had mine in for service several times and never had an issue. Even when they were trying to tell me that a noise I was hearing was "inside the transmission" they never touched the software side of it.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2017, 01:45 AM   #319
juld0zer
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: Prev 135i 7DCT, Now 130i 6sp

In short, yes.
When a car's integration level is upgraded (programmed) by the dealer, by default it will update everything that has an update available.
As for when the last DCT software was released, i dont have that info but i can dig up my E82 DCT programming logs to give you guys a rough indication
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2017, 11:42 AM   #320
SYT_Shadow
///M Powered for Life
Rep
Drives: E90M/E92M/M4GTS/M4GT4/X5M

I installed the OEM GTS software last weekend at the track. It is a night and day difference

I much prefer it on the street as well. D1 is very well judged, more comfortable than the D3 I used on the street before
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2017, 12:23 PM   #321
ThePoonTang
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 Frozen White E92 M3

So I had Alex code my car and loved it all. the tune, the options like folding mirrors, etc.

However, I now have an issue with my DCT.

First let me clarify, this is not putting Alex's coding into question. My friend has had his car coded for 6 months zero issues. What I'm trying to do is see if anyone can help troubleshoot this issue or have had similar problems.

Essentially, Ive had the tune for about 3 weeks and loved it and worked perfectly. All of a sudden, intermittently, when I put my car from Neutral or Park to D1 or Reverse, the clutch engages (without any throttle) and lunges my car forward and back and then stalls. Its intermittent so I dont know when it will happen.

My friend whos a master tech at BMW has gone through the normal troubleshooting and diagnostics and came up with this:

Transmission overheat Fault, clutch one pressure fault.
Transmission was at 70 C
Hydraulic Pump 160 C

which makes no sense to him, so he had BMW NA Pull Shadow Codes and Diagnostics

and their diagnosis was the clutch may be worn.

But my Tech ultimately thinks its the GTS tune causing the problem....thooughts?
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2017, 09:19 PM   #322
b4hand
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 ZCP M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePoonTang View Post
So I had Alex code my car and loved it all. the tune, the options like folding mirrors, etc.

First let me clarify, this is not putting Alex's coding into question. My friend has had his car coded for 6 months zero issues. What I'm trying to do is see if anyone can help troubleshoot this issue or have had similar problems.

Essentially, Ive had the tune for about 3 weeks and loved it and worked perfectly. All of a sudden, intermittently, when I put my car from Neutral or Park to D1 or Reverse, the clutch engages (without any throttle) and lunges my car forward and back and then stalls. Its intermittent so I dont know when it will happen.

My friend whos a master tech at BMW has gone through the normal troubleshooting and diagnostics and came up with this:

Transmission was at 70 C
Hydraulic Pump 160 C

But my Tech ultimately thinks its the GTS tune causing the problem....thooughts?
Flash the stock tune and find out?
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2017, 04:45 AM   #323
Helmsman
Major General
Sweden
Rep
Drives: 2011 AW E90 M3 ZCP

Quote:

Transmission was at 70 C
Hydraulic Pump 160 C

This guy seemed to have similar issues after GTS tune. Might be worth to read into.

www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1404395
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2017, 08:04 AM   #324
JYTsky
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 13 E92 ZCP AW/Spd, F82 - Sold

Quote:

Transmission was at 70 C
Hydraulic Pump 160 C

If you haven't already, contact alex to flash back to stock
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2017, 01:37 AM   #325
M3ANMACHINE
Admiral
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3 + 2014 F15 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JYTsky View Post
Quote:

Transmission was at 70 C
Hydraulic Pump 160 C

If you haven't already, contact alex to flash back to stock
This
2011 SG E90 M3 | 2008 AW E90 M3 | 2004 E46 M3
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2017, 09:41 AM   #326
hero149
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 e92 M3

Is the dinan dct tune any different from what alex is offering?
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2017, 10:45 AM   #327
Patrón
PAZUZU
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 M4

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
2009 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by hero149 View Post
Is the dinan dct tune any different from what alex is offering?
I doubt it.

2009 M3 DCT ESS625+ SOLD
2015 M4 BSM/Silverstone F4LCON
@texasMclub IG @jagemoets
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2017, 12:18 PM   #328
R5169
Private
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

I had Alex do the GTS DCT tune + other stuff last night, super nice guy and great price. Would 100% recommend him to anyone interested.

The DCT tune is amazing, I can't believe how bad the factory tune was after driving around for only a day on the update. So much smoother rolling from a standstill through first gear in traffic, much cleaner shifts when cold (2nd through 3rd), and being able to go straight into D mode is a nice touch.
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2017, 01:40 PM   #329
JackieChiles
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 MR M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by R5169 View Post
I had Alex do the GTS DCT tune + other stuff last night, super nice guy and great price. Would 100% recommend him to anyone interested.

The DCT tune is amazing, I can't believe how bad the factory tune was after driving around for only a day on the update. So much smoother rolling from a standstill through first gear in traffic, much cleaner shifts when cold (2nd through 3rd), and being able to go straight into D mode is a nice touch.
Same here, actually think he was coding both our cars at the same time.

Great value on the coding and dct tune. Well worth it.

The awful first gear clutch slip is gone and downshift are much cleaner and quicker.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2017, 06:42 AM   #330
dmk08
Gone Fishin’
United_States
Rep
Drives: Walks

None of you guys worry about the extra strain and heat from the GTS flash? I know the GTS has a cooler.
Appreciate 0