BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion

EXXEL Distributions

04-18-2022, 07:32 PM   #1
MudkipF87
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2

437M wheels color code?

Hey guys,

I was wondering if anyone knew the exact color code for the 437M wheels. Mine specifically is the bi color with black and (silver or ferric grey? That's the part im unsure of).

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2022, 08:18 PM   #2
///MPhatic
The Seeker
Rep
Drives: OG M2 • Exige

No such code exists (for us), anything that would be an exact match would be in-house only.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2022, 10:34 PM   #3
Opie55
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '15 650i Convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///MPhatic View Post
No such code exists (for us), anything that would be an exact match would be in-house only.
Is your comments about these wheels in particular, or all BMW wheels? I can't comment on these wheels but you can get correct BMW wheel colors codes at auto paint stores. I've used some within the last 10 days.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2022, 12:09 AM   #4
kindafrosty
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘18 F80 / ‘08 E83

There is no official touch-up paint for the 437Ms, or 666Ms for that matter. This is because the face of the wheel is machined using a diamond lathe, and then a special dark-tint lacquer and clear coat is applied on top. The black portions are likely painted or powdered coated before the clear coat is applied. Any touch-up paints you see online will not 100% match, and tend to darken/blotch over time (been there, done that). If you have curb rash, the odds of properly refinishing the wheels to match are slim unfortunately
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2022, 08:08 AM   #5
///MPhatic
The Seeker
Rep
Drives: OG M2 • Exige

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opie55 View Post
Is your comments about these wheels in particular, or all BMW wheels?
My comment was about BMW wheels, but in 33 years in the industry I have yet to see a manufacturer release a paint code for their wheel color.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opie55 View Post
I can't comment on these wheels but you can get correct BMW wheel colors codes at auto paint stores.
No you can't. I'm sure they can get you a close match, but the only color codes BMW releases are their exterior paint codes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindafrosty View Post
There is no official touch-up paint for the 437Ms, or 666Ms for that matter. This is because the face of the wheel is machined using a diamond lathe, and then a special dark-tint lacquer and clear coat is applied on top. The black portions are likely painted or powdered coated before the clear coat is applied. Any touch-up paints you see online will not 100% match, and tend to darken/blotch over time (been there, done that). If you have curb rash, the odds of properly refinishing the wheels to match are slim unfortunately
It's not because of the process, that's a relatively new thing, it's because they don't release the codes, plain and simple. But you are correct that the paint can't me matched perfectly unless you follow the same exact process...and then it still can't be matched. In fact, the companies that manufacture the wheels for BMW, in this case SAI, can't even match their own finishes well, so they do them in massive batches.
Appreciate 0