BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion

BPM

04-18-2022, 06:21 PM   #1
Joluga123
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4

Help me choose my wheels!!

Hi, I have a F44 - 228i Grand Coupe and I have been trying to choose wheels for my car, the car came with 17" wheels, I'm looking for 18" or 19" wheels.

Car is gray skycraper

The wheel pattern is 5x112 with an offset of +54, I search a lot and there are only a few options for this car, the max. wheel width is 8".

I should also mention that I'm 42 with 2 teen kids, and need to go to meetings and stuff. If it matters, maybe the red hub may not be a good option, although I like it, it's different.

I nailed it down to 3-4 options. What do you guys think?

Option #1: OZ 18" Indy HLT - Silver (No available in 19)

Option #2: OZ 18" Leggera - Silver (No available in 19" ;()

Option #3: OZ 19" Indy HLT Glossy Black

Option #4: Enkei Raijin 19"

Thanks
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-18-2022, 06:36 PM   #2
DanG
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 AW DCT

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [7.68]
I would go with BBS SR.

https://www.tirerack.com/wheels/resu...Standard+Tires
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2022, 07:20 PM   #3
overcoil
Major General
Rep
Drives: M235i 6spd

it's really hard to tell what will look good w/o seeing wheels in person.
I'm afraid most of the thin wide spaced 19 inch wheels will look lost considering the size of your rear rotor - and that's not a knock since I'm a big fan of the 228 Gran Coupe.
The BBS ( good German made wheel ) SR isn't appealing to me. I think I like the BBS XR wheel better.
The O.Z Leggera silver 18 inch is probably my preferred out of the listed wheels.
17 stock wheel isn't bad looking

Last edited by overcoil; 04-18-2022 at 08:14 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2022, 08:05 PM   #4
DanG
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 AW DCT

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [7.68]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caravaggio View Post
it's really hard too tell what will look good w/o seeing wheels in person.
I'm afraid most of the thin wide spaced 19 inch wheels will look lost considering the size of your rear rotor - and that's not a knock since I'm a big fan of the 228 Gran Coupe.
The BBS ( good German made wheel ) SR isn't appealing to me. I think I like the BBS XR wheel better.
The O.Z Leggera silver 18 inch is probably my preferred out of the listed wheels.
17 stock wheel isn't bad looking
I didn’t pick the XR wheel because it is out of stock. I agree that it is an excellent looking wheel.
Appreciate 1
overcoil3073.50
      04-18-2022, 08:17 PM   #5
KevinC
your average JAMF
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 M2 Comp, '19 Golf R

Garage List
Low-cost cast BBS wheels are never a good buy in my experience. They're heavy & fragile like every other cast wheel, but with a BBS markup because BBS. If you're gonna spend big bucks on wheels, BBS is a fine choice if it's one of their forged offerings. The cheap stuff, not so much.

Also avoid stuff like that "Raijin" wheel above, which is a blatant ripoff of a BBS design. Makes me want to puke. Hardcore poseurs buy stuff like this and then put a genuine BBS center cap on it.

Rant mode off and back on topic - out of those finalists above, I like the Leggera best.
      04-18-2022, 08:36 PM   #6
Joluga123
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinC View Post
Low-cost cast BBS wheels are never a good buy in my experience. They're heavy & fragile like every other cast wheel, but with a BBS markup because BBS. If you're gonna spend big bucks on wheels, BBS is a fine choice if it's one of their forged offerings. The cheap stuff, not so much.

Also avoid stuff like that "Raijin" wheel above, which is a blatant ripoff of a BBS design. Makes me want to puke. Hardcore poseurs buy stuff like this and then put a genuine BBS center cap on it.

Rant mode off and back on topic - out of those finalists above, I like the Leggera best.
hahaha, lol, I don't know much about wheel construction, I don't even drive the car hard, but I do agree with something, big brands, and reputable brands almost always charge more because they are BBS.

BBS wheels, at least the models the SR and XR are 4-5 lbs heavier than the other brands. I don't really mind if the raijins are a rip-off of the BBS, I plan to install BMW caps.

So hard to make a decision, keep opinions coming!! thx.
Appreciate 0