BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / CT / PA

EXXEL Distributions

06-22-2017, 09:16 AM   #1
R5169
Private
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Long distance car transport (or drive?)

I've got to move west for work, LA to be specific. So I'll be needing to get my e90 to the other side of the country.

In my head I'm 95% committed to just driving the thing, get some real value out of the depreciation. So if anyones done the drive before I'd love to hear what prep you did (if any) beyond just taping up the front.

But on the off chance I don't have the time to do the drive, I'm interested in hearing who trusts what company to transport your car?

I don't have any way to put a valet mode on my car and I am petrified of them starting it cold and revving it etc. Let alone the fear of paint damage.

Any thoughts?
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2017, 07:01 PM   #2
Ghetto2315
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 16' BMW i8

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by R5169 View Post
I've got to move west for work, LA to be specific. So I'll be needing to get my e90 to the other side of the country.

In my head I'm 95% committed to just driving the thing, get some real value out of the depreciation. So if anyones done the drive before I'd love to hear what prep you did (if any) beyond just taping up the front.

But on the off chance I don't have the time to do the drive, I'm interested in hearing who trusts what company to transport your car?

I don't have any way to put a valet mode on my car and I am petrified of them starting it cold and revving it etc. Let alone the fear of paint damage.

Any thoughts?
If you need a transport company, let me know. I used them to ship my E46 M3 from Houston to NJ. And I had them ship several of my clients cars including two M4 GTS's and an M2.
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2017, 06:05 PM   #3
L4ces
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 M3 Alpine White

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
I drove from Washington State to NJ. A few quarts of oil in the trunk and an oil change was all I needed.
Appreciate 0