BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - California

BPM

09-12-2018, 11:41 AM   #1
thatg
Major
Rep
Drives: Silverstone E93 M3

Stock exhaust mod in LA?

Hey guys looking to go from akra to modded oem exhaust. I was wondering if anyone can chime in on the different mods, it looks like theres 3 ways to do this, one is to wrap the perferated pipes in the mid section of the muffler, one of is to straight pipe the center section and another is cutting the 4 pipes into 2 on both sides of the muffler.

I was wondering what the difference is between all of these and if anyone knows a shop who does this for a good price. Found 3c muffler shop they want $300 to do the mod. but hoping to find a shop for $150-200. Thanks

http://www.e90post.com/forums/search...&starteronly=1
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2018, 03:45 PM   #2
stahpeht
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 18 f80 zcp

from my research, wrapping the perforated pipes is the cheaper version of having them welded, then cutting the ouside portions of the muffler (acm method i believe it was called) is basically the same as a muffler delete since it just bypasses all the sound deadening areas
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2018, 09:09 AM   #3
thatg
Major
Rep
Drives: Silverstone E93 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by stahpeht View Post
from my research, wrapping the perforated pipes is the cheaper version of having them welded, then cutting the ouside portions of the muffler (acm method i believe it was called) is basically the same as a muffler delete since it just bypasses all the sound deadening areas
Thanks i went for the 2 pipe method it cost $300 at 3c in LA i wanted to just get it over with. It sounds pretty good. Almost exactly like the mpe exhaust.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/search...&starteronly=1
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2018, 10:52 AM   #4
m55555
///Member
Rep
Drives: 2011.5 Competition M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatg View Post
Thanks i went for the 2 pipe method it cost $300 at 3c in LA i wanted to just get it over with. It sounds pretty good. Almost exactly like the mpe exhaust.
Nice bro! I was about to respond and say $150 for this is non-existent in SoCal. $300 is a good deal. This is how it should have come from the factory!