BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

European Auto Source (EAS)
Closed Thread

11-14-2017, 04:04 PM   #1
M3MPH1S
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 E92 M3

Bad purchasing experience, package lost, no insurance

I cannot recommend strongly enough to NOT purchase from user "DAbed", but if you must, you will have to explicity ask him to put insurance on the shipment. He is too cheap to pay the few dollars for insurance, so if the carrier loses your package like they did with me, you are SOL. According to him "that's the carrier's fault, not his". I even paid with PayPal buyer protection, but to hell with that too apparently - I submitted my reason for dispute, then they contacted the seller, then the next step was to tell me the case was closed in his favor. No option for further discussion on my part.

So, cheers DAbed, enjoy your free money you thief.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2017, 04:06 PM   #2
opihi5
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 m3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3MPH1S View Post
I cannot recommend strongly enough to NOT purchase from user "DAbed", but if you must, you will have to explicity ask him to put insurance on the shipment. He is too cheap to pay the few dollars for insurance, so if the carrier loses your package like they did with me, you are SOL. According to him "that's the carrier's fault, not his". I even paid with PayPal buyer protection, but to hell with that too apparently - I submitted my reason for dispute, then they contacted the seller, then the next step was to tell me the case was closed in his favor. No option for further discussion on my part.

I believe it’s the buyers responsibility...even in this situation. I don’t think you should be bashing the seller if I’m understanding your situation correctly.

If you were concerned about carriers losing your item; giving him money up front for insurance would have been the solution.

Someone correct me if I’m wrong, just my 2cents
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2017, 04:12 PM   #3
M3MPH1S
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by opihi5 View Post
I believe it’s the buyers responsibility...even in this situation.
If you were concerned about carriers breaking your item; giving him money up front for insurance would have been the solution
I would have GLADLY paid it, but sorry, I guess I'm an idiot for assuming people on this forum would drop a few bucks to make sure their item got to the buyer. I always do without question, but whatever. Didn't know our classifieds section was on par with SN95 or Civic forums
Appreciate 2
opihi5214.50
EnVe461037.50
      11-14-2017, 04:28 PM   #4
Montaver
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G87 M2 & M340i LCI

Quote:

Woah easy there fella. Understand you are upset, how valuable was the item? Not sure how you can call him a thief, he didn't take your money and not send the item. Insurance certainly would of been wise. You might want to ask the mods to delete this thread.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2017, 08:36 PM   #5
obe100
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: on the weekends…

Quote:

What information were you able to obtain via the tracking number?
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2017, 08:42 PM   #6
M3MPH1S
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by obe100 View Post
What information were you able to obtain via the tracking number?
They delivered it to the wrong address, and on top of that it was a non-existent address, so god knows where it ended up. I walked up and down my street asking my neighbors if they got it, but nobody had seen it. Called USPS and they confirmed it was delivered to the wrong address. The guy on the phone was super nice and he personally checked through the mail sorting room and drove out to my street and checked all the mailbox lock boxes in the apartments adjacent to mine, but couldn't find it. So then I opened a lost package ticket with USPS, but they ended up giving up after about 4 weeks.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2017, 10:34 PM   #7
Bimmer Barney
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011.5 E90M ZCP

I can tell you most do not include insurance and will ship the cheapest way possible. I'm not taking any sides because I'm sure there's more here, but time to move on. Life is bigger than some car parts and some cash and right now it's obviously owning your state of mind. I am sorry for your loss.
      11-14-2017, 11:34 PM   #8
Dlpfcb
Captain
Rep
Drives: AW E92 M3

I would request to have this thread deleted as well. This doesnt give off a good image for you or the seller for future purchases and sales as members will be hesitant that if there are any mistakes or issues maybe out of there control that they will be blasted on the forums. I feel you and the seller need to try and work this out and not take it public as it sounds more of a shipping issue since there was a tracking number. Just my 2 cents though.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2017, 11:48 PM   #9
blue-mw
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

It sounds like you got in DAbed with the wrong seller.
Appreciate 4
      11-14-2017, 11:48 PM   #10
Yvette
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: M

Ok I understand if its damaged, insurance needs to kick in but delivered to wrong address? Isnt it solely carriers fault? I wonder how much the value of the item was,
Appreciate 1
SDPLV493.00
      11-15-2017, 12:08 AM   #11
Spun Crankhub
Major General
Rep
Drives: 15 F82 *SOLD*

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue-mw View Post
Hah, word play. Well done.

On a side note, arent all Priority packages automatically insured up to a certain amount? Also if he purchased online there should be proof that he addressed the package correctly, thus USPS might take some liability.
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2017, 04:36 AM   #12
M3MPH1S
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dlpfcb View Post
I would request to have this thread deleted as well. This doesnt give off a good image for you or the seller for future purchases and sales as members will be hesitant that if there are any mistakes or issues maybe out of there control that they will be blasted on the forums. I feel you and the seller need to try and work this out and not take it public as it sounds more of a shipping issue since there was a tracking number. Just my 2 cents though.
Tried patiently working with the seller for 3 months to no avail
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2017, 04:38 AM   #13
M3MPH1S
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoChris View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue-mw View Post
Hah, word play. Well done.

On a side note, arent all Priority packages automatically insured up to a certain amount? Also if he purchased online there should be proof that he addressed the package correctly, thus USPS might take some liability.
Yeah I think you're right but the seller isn't interested in caring/trying and I can't claim insurance as the receiver.
Appreciate 1
SDPLV493.00
      11-15-2017, 05:02 AM   #14
M3MPH1S
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dlpfcb View Post
And of course, you can't control whether a package gets lost or damaged or whatever by the carrier. What you CAN do is pay for insurance. Like the other guy said, I think you even get $100 insurance for free and then it's something stupid cheap like $2-3 dollars per extra $100 insurance. I mean why would you not do that? When I sell an item on here, I assume the role of seller to customer because I appreciate them giving me money in exchange for my goods and I want to make sure they get what they paid for. Like I said before, clearly I am a total idiot for thinking anyone would insure their package to protect their and their customer's money. I wouldn't have even really cared if he said something like "I'm not going to pay for insurance - if you want insurance please let me know and add the appropriate amount of money". But yeah I don't like bringing dirty laundry public, but after 3 months of working on this issue with no resolution, it was just a "straw that broke the camel's back" situation. I feel like I need to warn any other that might have made the same assumption as me.
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2017, 07:45 AM   #15
MMMM3
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 f80 6mt

Totally the BUYERS responsibility

Even with eBay same rule- you should be shaming yourself, not the seller.
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2017, 08:29 AM   #16
decaturdad
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2012 M3, 07 e90, 2012 135i RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMMM3 View Post
Totally the BUYERS responsibility

Even with eBay same rule- you should be shaming yourself, not the seller.
I guess I never read the fine print. If I buy something, I expect it delivered to the address I provided. In this case, USPS shows that it was not delivered correctly. I would expect the seller to own up and fix this. The seller is the only one who can start a claim. Why should the buyer be SOL? (I don't know either the buyer or seller in this case. Just talking in general terms.)
Appreciate 1
BOOF-M34451.50
      11-15-2017, 10:07 AM   #17
monterey
Major
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3

this doesn't make sense. it is always the sellers responsibility to show proof of delivery to the buyer. insurance only protects the seller not the buyer.
Appreciate 1
SDPLV493.00
      11-15-2017, 10:14 AM   #18
Patrón
PAZUZU
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 M4

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
2009 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by monterey View Post
this doesn't make sense. it is always the sellers responsibility to show proof of delivery to the buyer. insurance only protects the seller not the buyer.
I agree, a little or half of the responsibility is for the seller. i've always insured my packages going to buyers. saves the headache and if it's lost I or the buyer gets our money back and everyone is happy. $5-$20 insurance is worth it.

2009 M3 DCT ESS625+ SOLD
2015 M4 BSM/Silverstone F4LCON
@texasMclub IG @jagemoets
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2017, 10:18 AM   #19
MMMM3
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 f80 6mt

you guys can cry all you want- the instructions and payment come from the buyer- if the buyer does not request insurance, then too bad....

Sorry that's the law

but yes, it would be "nice" for a seller to ask if the buyer wants insurance but there is no obligation on his/her part.
Failure to deliver has NOTHING to do with the seller and falls entirely on the shoulders of the shipping company....
But, yes, the seller has to initiate the UPS or USPS search for the item

Everyone wants to blame someone other than themselves for everything that goes wrong....
Appreciate 1
      11-15-2017, 12:01 PM   #20
BOOF-M3
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3

If I'm shipping I'm insuring because I'm not risking a shitty buyer claiming they never received it in the event that they actually did. I'm not losing the package I sent them, then returning their money and being left with nothing.
Appreciate 2
M3MPH1S592.00
EnVe461037.50
      11-15-2017, 12:24 PM   #21
Not Sure
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92 M3

absent an express agreement to the contrary, risk of loss falls on the buyer as soon as the seller tenders the goods to the courier. UCC 2-509.
Appreciate 1
Patrón544.50
      11-15-2017, 12:27 PM   #22
M3MPH1S
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not Sure View Post
absent an express agreement to the contrary, risk of loss falls on the buyer as soon as the seller tenders the goods to the courier. UCC 2-509.
Good to know. I will have my attorney include that in my contract next time before I purchase anything from an online forum.
Appreciate 1
BOOF-M34451.50
Closed Thread