BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

BPM

07-08-2011, 01:17 PM   #45
Nine
Banned
Rep
Drives: Not ZCP, FML.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUB-ZERO View Post

He is probably posting on the computer daddy bought him too.

-SZ
There is a computer in his family and he's had the computer for 3 years sounds very familiar...
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2011, 04:16 PM   #46
dibxna
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 MW F82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolf-Dieter View Post
This fellow has no issues nor do I as they say a picture is worth 1000 words so I shall stop right here ~ his facial expiation says it all I don't think he has any issues. What do you think?
this pictures looks a lot like he has a big white load all up on his face.
*56' ford f-100 truck :: NSX blue :: lowered :: custom interior :: custom audio :: colorado custom wheels*
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2011, 06:12 PM   #47
-=Hot|Ice=-
Been There, Done That.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine View Post
Does Dad know you are posting these crappy threads?
I pay for myself thank you very much. Hence why I don't have a car. Does your daddy know that you need to be taught some manners? He sure did a poor job of raising you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobe View Post
When I first started coming to these forums to research the car before I ordered, I had an initial impression and almost didn't order the car before I realized something. Every M3 owner who surfs the net has probably been here and is probably the first place they go when they experience a problem. With thousands of M3's out there, this wasn't a good sample to judge the purchase of the car. I remember when mine came, after my initial drooling stopped, one of the first things I checked was hood alignment.... it was perfect as were the quarterpanels and doors. Then driving it off the lot, I hawked that DCT shifting to second... again working perfectly. It was after that I literally discarded all of the issues posted on this forum as anomolies and not the norm. So I know what your going through and honestly you should not use those posts as a yardstick to buying this car.
Thank you! Someone who understands!

Last edited by -=Hot|Ice=-; 07-09-2011 at 11:54 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2011, 06:12 PM   #48
-=Hot|Ice=-
Been There, Done That.
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUB-ZERO View Post

He is probably posting on the computer daddy bought him too.

-SZ
I love how everyone is jumping to conclusions when nobody even knows me. You can STFU, Thank you.

-HI
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2011, 06:14 PM   #49
-=Hot|Ice=-
Been There, Done That.
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by checkmate View Post
Quality issues huh..let's see anybody see the paint job on Ferrari's lately?? You don't hear Ferrari owners bitching and complaining about how light the paint coat is-it easily chips..they get around it by installing a clear bra.

My dad's neighbor has a Ferrari California-that car has been sitting in the shop for misaligned exterior and some interior trim..and it seems a lot of California owners have the same problem but they man up and deal with it simply because those engines are flawless.

Our M3s come with a 4yr warranty-so any misaligned bits can be addressed by the dealer-so let's look there first to address any issues before hitting the forums.

The trouble with forums is that it represents a fraction of the M3 community-lets not clog the forums with constant tales of negativity which only leads to paranoia and unsolicited hysteria. Being informed is one thing-but let's keep the repetitiveness to a minimum.

Let's create simply one thread which documents any applicable build quality issues this way-BMW can track it easier.
Can't really afford a Ferrari. Don't really look at things I can't afford.
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2011, 06:21 PM   #50
dibxna
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 MW F82 M4

I dont think scott is planning to answer this question. and in all reality the reason youre getting hated on is not what you said but how it was said...

i agree there are items in the car that lack the quality you grow to expect from the price tag these cars offer but the reality is there are probably still more people who have been fortunate enough they got a car that doesnt have interior defects or noises. I know i drive with windows down and music up or windows up with ac blasting and still music up and dont hear anything aside from the things i just mentioned.

I also know that when I am tired and rolling out of bed and not ready for music yet that I also have some creaking and strange sounding noises in the cockpit of my e90 - not enough to really push me to a boiling point but enough its noticed... much like you step on an old floorboard in your house or on the stair and it creaks but its not so bad you want a new house.
*56' ford f-100 truck :: NSX blue :: lowered :: custom interior :: custom audio :: colorado custom wheels*
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2011, 06:25 PM   #51
karussell
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 4 wheels

The GT3 has more rattles than a rattlesnake and very minimal interior. you won't see me complaining. i can't hear it over the engine anyways and too busy looking out the windscreen to look at the dash. I didn't know it even had a radio for 5 months.

cars are made of thousands of parts held together with fasteners and glue. when you use them, things are bound to loosen up no matter how much effort was put into it by the manufacturer. i'm fine with creaks and rattles as long as that engine is making the symphony I love hearing, the car handles well, and stops even better, not to mention keep me and my family safe. interior looks fine to me.
      07-08-2011, 06:55 PM   #52
-=Hot|Ice=-
Been There, Done That.
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dibxna View Post
I dont think scott is planning to answer this question. and in all reality the reason youre getting hated on is not what you said but how it was said...

i agree there are items in the car that lack the quality you grow to expect from the price tag these cars offer but the reality is there are probably still more people who have been fortunate enough they got a car that doesnt have interior defects or noises. I know i drive with windows down and music up or windows up with ac blasting and still music up and dont hear anything aside from the things i just mentioned.

I also know that when I am tired and rolling out of bed and not ready for music yet that I also have some creaking and strange sounding noises in the cockpit of my e90 - not enough to really push me to a boiling point but enough its noticed... much like you step on an old floorboard in your house or on the stair and it creaks but its not so bad you want a new house.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karussell View Post
The GT3 has more rattles than a rattlesnake and very minimal interior. you won't see me complaining. i can't hear it over the engine anyways and too busy looking out the windscreen to look at the dash. I didn't know it even had a radio for 5 months.

cars are made of thousands of parts held together with fasteners and glue. when you use them, things are bound to loosen up no matter how much effort was put into it by the manufacturer. i'm fine with creaks and rattles as long as that engine is making the symphony I love hearing, the car handles well, and stops even better, not to mention keep me and my family safe. interior looks fine to me.
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2011, 07:08 PM   #53
JulieDriving
Female driving enthusiast :P
Rep
Drives: Bimmer

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by -=Hot|Ice=- View Post
Family has owned at least 10 BMW's in the lat 10-11 years. There's an e93 M3 in the family as well.
Weren't you the one who was going to buy an M3 earlier, but then said you couldn't because your mother's house was falling apart and needed critical foundation work for which she had no money? And therefore that's why you couldn't buy your M3?

And now you're going to buy a 2012 M3 (instead of a 2011 M3), but - in addition - you now also own 2 recent high-end BMWs? An X5 35i Premium and 650i?
      07-08-2011, 07:29 PM   #54
-=Hot|Ice=-
Been There, Done That.
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieDriving View Post
Weren't you the one who was going to buy an M3 earlier, but then said you couldn't because your mother's house was falling apart and needed critical foundation work for which she had no money? And therefore that's why you couldn't buy your M3?

And now you're going to buy a 2012 M3 (instead of a 2011 M3), but - in addition - you now also own 2 recent high-end BMWs? An X5 35i Premium and 650i?
Don't believe that was me. My house was renovated recently, though.
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2011, 07:08 PM   #55
midwest 340xi 6sp
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 340xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaserion View Post
i have the same opinion as yours. audi/mercedes interiors are way too cluttered and confusing. way too many buttons! i just want to drive, damn it, and not to try to figure which button to press just to turn on the radio.

:P
MB yes....

Audi? Sets the standard for the rest of em..My neighbor just got a new A4 with S-Line trim and it's outstanding aesthetically, fit and finish. Rich material combinations and colors.

Their new A7 sets the bar even higher - no comparison vs the 5'er or 7. IMO the Audi interiors make BMW's look dull and boring
      07-09-2011, 11:25 PM   #56
bigjae1976
Major General
Rep
Drives: 11 E90 M3 Individual

Garage List
2004 BMW M3  [4.50]
2011 BMW E90 M3  [5.25]
2013 BMW 328i  [5.00]
I think the interior is fine. Its awesome if you get speed cloth and no I-drive.

I do agree the leather is somewhat lacking in quality. And I hope they improve the cupholders...worst ever.
2000 E36/7 Z3 Steel Blue
Appreciate 0