BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

EXXEL Distributions

07-07-2011, 07:20 PM   #23
-=Hot|Ice=-
Been There, Done That.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeartMD View Post
I keep asking myself why in the world are you ordering a new M3, when all I have seen is you complaining in one thread or another about how the interior sucks, about how the engine lacks bascially everything. I dont know if this is your condescending attempt at trolling but honestly it doesnt seem like you will be happy with what ever the new M3 has to offer. Like some one else suggested just go buy anything else except an M.
I love the M3. I'm just pointing out flaws that need to be fixed. Said that before.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2011, 08:01 PM   #24
Kiemyster
Bimmerpost Resident Marijuana Consultant
Trinidad_and_tobago
Rep
Drives: 320i, 325xi, 335Xi, 335i, M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaserion View Post
i have the same opinion as yours. audi/mercedes interiors are way too cluttered and confusing. way too many buttons! i just want to drive, damn it, and not to try to figure which button to press just to turn on the radio.

:P
Quote:
Originally Posted by stefan View Post
Really? I dunno.. maybe I am biased but I find BMW's interiors to be the most driving-focused and least cluttered.

As for the quality.. I have yet to receive my E9x but my E46 was excellent in every way. Had some squeaks from the back seat that were remedied with foam tape but that's it.

Anyway.. I think Audi and Mercedes interiors are hideous and confusing.
Great so we can all agree safely that M3 has the superior interior and the competitors interiors are no where close. Excellent
      07-07-2011, 08:45 PM   #25
J08M3
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 COUPE

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefan View Post
Really? I dunno.. maybe I am biased but I find BMW's interiors to be the most driving-focused and least cluttered.

As for the quality.. I have yet to receive my E9x but my E46 was excellent in every way. Had some squeaks from the back seat that were remedied with foam tape but that's it.

Anyway.. I think Audi and Mercedes interiors are hideous and confusing.
Even better if you don't get iDrive. Simple clean and easier to use
      07-07-2011, 08:52 PM   #26
Vise
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: Porsche GT3 RS

Garage List
2011.75 E90 M3  [10.00]
Quote:
I keep asking myself why in the world are you ordering a new M3, when all I have seen is you complaining in one thread or another about how the interior sucks, about how the engine lacks bascially everything. I dont know if this is your condescending attempt at trolling but honestly it doesnt seem like you will be happy with what ever the new M3 has to offer. Like some one else suggested just go buy anything else except an M.
This.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -=Hot|Ice=- View Post
I love the M3. I'm just pointing out flaws that need to be fixed. Said that before.
But if there are so many flaws that you are clearly up in arms about why on earth would you still buy one? Certainly there is another car that you could be happier with ie. a car with less 'flaws that need to be fixed'. Oh wait, I'm guessing you would find even more faults/flaws with something else.

Your choice I guess, just seems like a huge waste of time/energy to endlessly complain about every nit and fault of a clearly overall fantastic car. Hopefully some day some car makes you happy... I doubt it though.
Past: 2008 BMW M3 Sedan Melbourne Red / Black Novillo Leather
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2011, 09:01 PM   #27
-=Hot|Ice=-
Been There, Done That.
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vise View Post
Quote:
This.

Quote:
But if there are so many flaws that you are clearly up in arms about why on earth would you still buy one? Certainly there is another car that you could be happier with ie. a car with less 'flaws that need to be fixed'. Oh wait, I'm guessing you would find even more faults/flaws with something else.

Your choice I guess, just seems like a huge waste of time/energy to endlessly complain about every nit and fault of a clearly overall fantastic car. Hopefully some day some car makes you happy... I doubt it though.

I have praised the M3 for the package that it offers. It is very well rounded but and that is a huge but, there are things that need to be sorted out. Interior quality lacks. The orange peel on the paint for a car of this caliber is disgusting, and BMW is getting careless and misaligning fenders with the hood because of people like you who shrug it off like it is nothing. I am sorry, if I am paying 70k for a car, it better damn well come to me properly.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2011, 09:11 PM   #28
Vise
Captain
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2011.75 E90 M3  [10.00]
Quote:
I am sorry, if I am paying 70k for a car, it better damn well come to me properly.
So keep your money? Have a hard time understanding your logic, ultimately you have two options... put up with those relatively minor (and in some cases rare) issues to enjoy the overall package or cancel your order. Endless bitching about issues that BMW is absolutely not going to address in the E9x series is utterly useless and only serves to clog up this forum with your non-stop negativity. If you think the M3 is low quality and not worth the asking price then no one has a gun to your head.

Some of us can seem past the minor issues and enjoy what many consider to be the best overall car in the world... unfortunately you cannot and for that I feel sorry.

Unless of course you are trolling... which seems like a reasonable scenario as I can't seem how someone would buy an M3 and yet complain about everything and anything. In that case carry on.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2011, 09:16 PM   #29
-=Hot|Ice=-
Been There, Done That.
United_States
Rep

Quote:
So keep your money? Have a hard time understanding your logic, ultimately you have two options... put up with those relatively minor (and in some cases rare) issues to enjoy the overall package or cancel your order. Endless bitching about issues that BMW is absolutely not going to address in the E9x series is utterly useless and only serves to clog up this forum with your non-stop negativity. If you think the M3 is low quality and not worth the asking price then no one has a gun to your head.

Some of us can seem past the minor issues and enjoy what many consider to be the best overall car in the world... unfortunately you cannot and for that I feel sorry.

Unless of course you are trolling... which seems like a reasonable scenario as I can't seem how someone would buy an M3 and yet complain about everything and anything. In that case carry on.

Yes, because having a mis-aligned hood and fender is minor. That's not a 'minor' problem. What you paid for the M3, isn't what you're getting. BMW reads these forums. They look to these forums for feedback. Scott is a perfect example of that. I have no problem with the M3, why can you not get that through your head? Last time I'm saying that.

P.S. Yeah, someone with 3,300 posts and joined 3 years ago is trolling. Read back. Family has owned at least 10 BMW's in the lat 10-11 years. There's an e93 M3 in the family as well.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2011, 09:19 PM   #30
Tim B.
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2010 Jet Black E92 M3

Quote:

THIS +100000
I told him the same thing in another thread........i was called a "fanboi"
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2011, 09:24 PM   #31
-=Hot|Ice=-
Been There, Done That.
United_States
Rep

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=546410
http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=387222
http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthr...Hood+Alignment
http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?p=9883412

Yep, that sure is rare.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2011, 09:25 PM   #32
Vise
Captain
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2011.75 E90 M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Yes, because having a mis-aligned hood and fender is minor. That's not a 'minor' problem.
Hah, yes its a clearly an epidemic plaguing every E9x car. Call the press, call the lawyers, bitch on this forum, go!

One or two people (sorry, 3 by your count) with that issue on this forum means it applies to every M3? The hood/fenders on my 2008 were perfectly aligned and I've yet to come across a single car with that issue in my area... news flash, every single car (regardless of brand/model) has issues now and again. No manufacturer is above this including BMW. Perhaps you should spend less time on these forums looking for issues and more time driving/enjoying your car. Also not every E9x owner is on this forum so get some perspective.

Enjoy your M3.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2011, 09:31 PM   #33
-=Hot|Ice=-
Been There, Done That.
United_States
Rep

There are a bunch more. Just the ones that have pics posted above. With that said, The M3 is a great overall package. I just wish the overall quality was just as good. Sure, I may forget all this when I sit behind the wheel, but something you have in the back of your mind. "What if that happens to me?"

Thank you. Can't wait!
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2011, 09:35 PM   #34
Vise
Captain
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2011.75 E90 M3  [10.00]
You should probably stop worrying and stop reading every issue/problem thread on this board. And trust me... when you get behind the wheel and blast up to 8000 rpm any issues with orange peel, hood alignment, rock chips, curb rash, squeaks, rattles, etc all seem pretty much irrelevant.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2011, 09:39 PM   #35
Dave07997S
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2020 Ford Mustang GT

My interior is flawless, I wouldn't say it is poor quality just not as flashy as a Merc or Audi. Definitely better than my 07 997S, although love that big tach in the middle.

Dave
2004 BMW M3 Imola/Blk
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2011, 09:52 PM   #36
klammer
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 11 spc gry m3 e90, 19 X5

BTW, you don't even have the car yet. You have no perspective or experience from which to judge at all. Keep your opinions about "nothing" until you actually get the car... Then we can discuss
      07-07-2011, 11:59 PM   #37
Titanium Silver
Four Star General
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Ugh... another hater post. My fenders and body panels have no alignment issues, and I love the interior. Not sure what this is all about.

Thread is starting to turn into a b!tch fight.
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2011, 08:14 AM   #38
stefan
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M2 Comp

Gentlemen.. what is the big deal with the hood alignment? It's very easy to adjust. Even if it were perfect when it was delivered to you, over time things will settle out resulting in subtle misalignments.

There are a few height adjustment grommets on the sides (that will fix your frontal L/R alignment). As for front-to-back alignment, you have to loosen the hood arm bolts and slide them to fit. It's a 1 hr job and some quality time with your M!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiemyster View Post
Great so we can all agree safely that M3 has the superior interior and the competitors interiors are no where close. Excellent
Agreed. I really think the complainers should go drive the others for an extended period of time. They are no better and are much more confusing and cluttered. BMW drivers like driving remember? If you want to play with knobs and buttons go buy an Audi.
      07-08-2011, 08:21 AM   #39
Nine
Banned
Rep
Drives: Not ZCP, FML.

Quote:
P.S. Yeah, someone with 3,300 posts and joined 3 years ago is trolling. Read back. Family has owned at least 10 BMW's in the lat 10-11 years. There's an e93 M3 in the family as well.
Does Dad know you are posting these crappy threads?
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2011, 08:41 AM   #40
Scoobe
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 Sedan SSII/SN/DCT

Garage List
2011 E90 M3  [10.00]
When I first started coming to these forums to research the car before I ordered, I had an initial impression and almost didn't order the car before I realized something. Every M3 owner who surfs the net has probably been here and is probably the first place they go when they experience a problem. With thousands of M3's out there, this wasn't a good sample to judge the purchase of the car. I remember when mine came, after my initial drooling stopped, one of the first things I checked was hood alignment.... it was perfect as were the quarterpanels and doors. Then driving it off the lot, I hawked that DCT shifting to second... again working perfectly. It was after that I literally discarded all of the issues posted on this forum as anomolies and not the norm. So I know what your going through and honestly you should not use those posts as a yardstick to buying this car.
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2011, 08:58 AM   #41
Seattle S65B40
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 e92 M3

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [0.00]
WRT to BMW interior v. Audi/Merc, I like the design, style and simplicity of BMW interiors. I would hope that aspect remains the same.

As for the OP's contention regarding quality, I'm not sure why he is getting lit up. I haven't read it all, but for the most part, every BMW I've owned has had some rattling. It would be nice if that was not the case in my next one, but I can tell you right now, that won't stop me from getting another E92 M2 (2012) or an F32 M3. Still, it would not take BMW millions of dollars in R&D to improve this one aspect.

As for hood alignment, and what not, I would be pissed. But it can be fixed, so it's not the end of the world. That's what bumper to bumper warranties are for. If your car's not perfect (ie not up to the manufacturer's own specs), then take it back and have them fix it.

Club 6MT
2008 E92 M3 6MT, AW/Blk Ext., brushed aluminum
2006 E46 M3 ZCP 6MT Carbon blk/blk(sold)
2001 E46 325Xi 5MT Jet Blk/Blk (sold)
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2011, 09:00 AM   #42
checkmate
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW M3 E90

Quality issues huh..let's see anybody see the paint job on Ferrari's lately?? You don't hear Ferrari owners bitching and complaining about how light the paint coat is-it easily chips..they get around it by installing a clear bra.

My dad's neighbor has a Ferrari California-that car has been sitting in the shop for misaligned exterior and some interior trim..and it seems a lot of California owners have the same problem but they man up and deal with it simply because those engines are flawless.

Our M3s come with a 4yr warranty-so any misaligned bits can be addressed by the dealer-so let's look there first to address any issues before hitting the forums.

The trouble with forums is that it represents a fraction of the M3 community-lets not clog the forums with constant tales of negativity which only leads to paranoia and unsolicited hysteria. Being informed is one thing-but let's keep the repetitiveness to a minimum.

Let's create simply one thread which documents any applicable build quality issues this way-BMW can track it easier.
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2011, 10:06 AM   #43
SUB-ZERO
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 + Spur, DB11, F12, X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine View Post
Does Dad know you are posting these crappy threads?

He is probably posting on the computer daddy bought him too.

-SZ
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2011, 10:35 AM   #44
signes
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 991 GT3 RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by checkmate View Post
Quality issues huh..let's see anybody see the paint job on Ferrari's lately??
Not to mention the whole catching-on-fire thing...

I think my E90 interior is great, much prefer it to Audi and Merc interiors. Only thing I would change is to orient most of the dash controls towards the driver as they were prior to the E9x.