BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

BPM

05-02-2013, 03:18 PM   #45
VCP
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: M4GTS BSM/F90comp/BSM M2CS

Gen 2 way smoother power and just big shit eating smiles every you light it up.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2013, 04:39 PM   #46
NikB316
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2014 M5 Competition, F83 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCMpower View Post
The package that akh23456 has for sale is a great kit and price. And I emphasize PRICE! That was $15k when it was released.
Exactly - it's an awesome price. You won't find a better 500whp kit for the money. Keep in mind the kit is upgradable too! When you are ready to go for Gen 2 Level 3 just call Andrew. That really may be your best bet. It's really fun to move up in kits too. Start with 500whp, enjoy it for a while then upgrade to 600whp. Keeps life interesting.

My Italian friend,
Would you be seriously interested in purchasing my kit? I would prefer to wait until July when I order LCI F10 M5 or new AWD E63 AMG. If you are looking immediately make me an offer...may just tempt me lol. If you can wait until my new purchase I'll give you a great deal on it. Brand new is $15k it has like 5k miles on it and 22 month warranty. It's as close to new as you'll get and installed by one of the top BMW performance shops in the country.

2014 M5 Competition Alpine/Sakhir
BMS Tune. Undercover Performance Custom Downpipes & Connector. H&R 10mm Spacers. BMW CF Rear Spoiler. IND Cosmetics. ALP & BEL Radar & Laser.
2011 Space Grey E92 M3 AA Gen 2 Lvl 3 586whp 398wtq SAE (sold)
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2013, 04:50 PM   #47
VCMpower
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2010 Dakar, 2013 Fire Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikB316 View Post
My Italian friend,
Would you be seriously interested in purchasing my kit? I would prefer to wait until July when I order LCI F10 M5 or new AWD E63 AMG. If you are looking immediately make me an offer...may just tempt me lol. If you can wait until my new purchase I'll give you a great deal on it. Brand new is $15k it has like 5k miles on it and 22 month warranty. It's as close to new as you'll get and installed by one of the top BMW performance shops in the country.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2013, 05:15 PM   #48
surlynkid
Major
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by osteome View Post
I guess that I should have bought a Gallardo as I paid cash for my M3 when I bought it? Since I could buy the M3 outright, I should go buy a much more expensive car so that I can finance it, by your logic?

I know that I can't take it with me, but I also plan on living for another 45 years and not working for at least 25 of those. If you want to have a car payment for the rest of your life, then perhaps you may need to work for the rest of your life to afford it.

I say pay off the debt first.
+1000
Stoptech 380mm/355mm | PFC08 / Pagid RS-29 | Akrapovic EVO - CF tips | Benvo Tune | MS UDP | AA air filter | MCS 2-way with 700/1000lb springs | Solid bushings and adjustable links | RD front swaybar | Apex EC-7 18x10 square 275/35-18 NT01 | Turner Race Studs | GT4 Brake Cooling | GT4 Power Steering Cooling | Alekshop Oil Cooler | Performance Steering Wheel | | CF Spoiler | Varis System 1 Full CF Diffuser | Extended Paddle Shifters | Schroth Quick Fit Pro | Turner Steering Rack Stops | Vorshlag Camber Plates
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2013, 05:57 PM   #49
thegeneral101
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 Z06,'13 750Li,'11 Raptor

at least you're not leasing and asking this question lol. I still say pay the car down, save on some interest and in another year or two SC that baby.
      05-02-2013, 06:37 PM   #50
NikB316
Captain
Rep

Quote:

Yeah I know :/ . My daily drive of 100 miles 30 days a month is going to only increase as I acquire more sites. I want something fast and fun but very comfortable. My M3 on meaty 18s, stock competition suspension and quiet exhaust is about as comfy as its going to get. My driving is 95% highway so handling around the twisted isn't a priority for me. I thought about keeping the car and getting like a 7 series or S class but I'd fall asleep. Also thought about keeping it as a weekend car but if I have an M5 or E63 I would want my weekend car to be like an all out sports car. It's going to be tough parting with it, nothing will be as well balanced and drive like it. Supercharged 8k redline with linear power is just amazing. Turbos can help you go fast but they aren't nearly as fun from my experience. So now I have to decide between DCT (M5) or rear biased AWD (E63). Either car I will plan to have around 700whp right after break in

Sorry OP but I can't sell the blower yet at any price. Unless you want to pay $20k and I'll autograph it lol! I can't drive this car NA while having it. I'm going to remove the blower literally a day or two before selling the car.

BMS Tune. Undercover Performance Custom Downpipes & Connector. H&R 10mm Spacers. BMW CF Rear Spoiler. IND Cosmetics. ALP & BEL Radar & Laser.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2013, 06:45 PM   #51
Ezio
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 Alfa Romeo, 2023 m240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILSMKU View Post
He only owes 35K on a car worth 50k+ and you think hes in a bad debt position? Im all for the SC, OP. Live a little. Life is short and you cant take money with you.
Live a little? he drives a 2011 M3 LOL! a faster and nicer car than most on earth. I would say that alone IS living and he should pay the thing off.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2013, 06:51 PM   #52
VCMpower
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2010 Dakar, 2013 Fire Orange

You will love the F10 M5. I have a E39 M5 and alllmost parted with that to the F10 but my wife can't let the S62 go and I don`t blame her. We have done multi thousand KM trips in the M5 and it is stellar. I have a hard time saying that other word, mer.... When you have more items to part with, exhaust ect. shoot me a PM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikB316 View Post
Yeah I know :/ . My daily drive of 100 miles 30 days a month is going to only increase as I acquire more sites. I want something fast and fun but very comfortable. My M3 on meaty 18s, stock competition suspension and quiet exhaust is about as comfy as its going to get. My driving is 95% highway so handling around the twisted isn't a priority for me. I thought about keeping the car and getting like a 7 series or S class but I'd fall asleep. Also thought about keeping it as a weekend car but if I have an M5 or E63 I would want my weekend car to be like an all out sports car. It's going to be tough parting with it, nothing will be as well balanced and drive like it. Supercharged 8k redline with linear power is just amazing. Turbos can help you go fast but they aren't nearly as fun from my experience. So now I have to decide between DCT (M5) or rear biased AWD (E63). Either car I will plan to have around 700whp right after break in

Sorry OP but I can't sell the blower yet at any price. Unless you want to pay $20k and I'll autograph it lol! I can't drive this car NA while having it. I'm going to remove the blower literally a day or two before selling the car.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2013, 07:43 PM   #53
lsmkr01
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by duk View Post
ess stage 1 kit and put rest into paying off car
Perfect compromise so you can get your power fix and still sleep well at night
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2013, 08:16 PM   #54
the_road_less_traveled
Id rather be boating...
United_States
Rep
Drives: Baja 26 Outlaw

Another toy will not make you feel better. The older I get, the more money I make, and the less I want to blow. Im all about building net worth anymore! You'll be wanting to retire someday and spending now directly affects that date!
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2013, 09:36 PM   #55
Alex07M3
Banned
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, Evo X MR, A4 Allroad

Quote:
Originally Posted by xfirer1guy
Another toy will not make you feel better. The older I get, the more money I make, and the less I want to blow. Im all about building net worth anymore! You'll be wanting to retire someday and spending now directly affects that date!

It's like saying to the guy who wants to buy a GT-R that his GT-R wont make him feel better!!? That's not the point, the point is to have fun, and let me tell you that a VT1 IS FUN!!

In fact my $8k supercharger kit saves me a lot of money because now I don't have to buy a +$100k car to have that much power!

p.s. Sure, if you think a stock M3 already has enough power then that's an other story!
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2013, 11:09 PM   #56
BIGW0RM
You got my money?
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Ice Cream Truck

Garage List
2022 BMW M3  [9.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex07M3 View Post

It's like saying to the guy who wants to buy a GT-R that his GT-R wont make him feel better!!? That's not the point, the point is to have fun, and let me tell you that a VT1 IS FUN!!

In fact my $8k supercharger kit saves me a lot of money because now I don't have to buy a +$100k car to have that much power!

p.s. Sure, if you think a stock M3 already has enough power then that's an other story!
I like how you think!
      05-02-2013, 11:46 PM   #57
Sandye90m3
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: M3

Is it really that much of a necessity to supercharge your car...
      05-02-2013, 11:59 PM   #58
fastmike
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E93 M3

Quote:
I don't see the financial difference between paying the car before buying the s/c or buying the s/c after the car is paid but I see a big difference in having the s/c right now instead of in 3 years!! Carpe diem my friend!!
From a monetary standpoint, the OP probably has a low rate so it probably won't make that much of a difference in the end.

I agree with others though, if you want to save money, you can always go used.
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2013, 12:04 AM   #59
Alex07M3
Banned
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, Evo X MR, A4 Allroad

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILSMKU
Quote:

I like how you think!
Like I said in a previous post, I beated a Gallardo from 60-200km/h yesterday!

Before we raced, I made the owner a ride in my M3 and after he let me drove his Lambo and we both agreed that my car has nothing to envy to his in terms of power delevery, it felt very simular, except for the sound of his V10 with his titanium exhaust on his convertible with top down, that was epic!!

So anyway after driving his car, instead of falling in love with the Lambo, it just made me appreciate more what I have. The tiptronic transmission in the Gallardo was a bit disapointing and also I would say that the materiels in the cabin felt a bit cheap for a car of this price, almost cheaper then my M3! It kinda confirmed me that I need nothing more then an M3 with a blower!!
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2013, 12:30 PM   #60
aka_phox
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 Convertilble

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikB316
Quote:
The package that akh23456 has for sale is a great kit and price. And I emphasize PRICE! That was $15k when it was released.
Exactly - it's an awesome price. You won't find a better 500whp kit for the money. Keep in mind the kit is upgradable too! When you are ready to go for Gen 2 Level 3 just call Andrew. That really may be your best bet. It's really fun to move up in kits too. Start with 500whp, enjoy it for a while then upgrade to 600whp. Keeps life interesting.

My Italian friend,
Gen 1 or Gen 2?

'11.5 SG E93/6MT/ALL BOXES CHECKED
BLACK GRILL/BLACK SIDE GILLS/15% TINT/PAINTED REFLECTORS/SPACERS/ANGEL iBRIGHTS/20'' VOSSEN CV3/VINYL WRAPPED SHADOW LINE TRIM/ETS-POWER TUNE/
///M-FLIGHT MEMBER
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2013, 12:48 PM   #61
SflBimmer8484
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: .

Quote:
Originally Posted by aka_phox View Post
Gen 1 or Gen 2?
Nik has a brand new gen 2 level 3.
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2013, 07:24 PM   #62
aka_phox
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 Convertilble

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikB316
Quote:

My Italian friend,
NikB316
Let's talk my man. We may have something here...

'11.5 SG E93/6MT/ALL BOXES CHECKED
BLACK GRILL/BLACK SIDE GILLS/15% TINT/PAINTED REFLECTORS/SPACERS/ANGEL iBRIGHTS/20'' VOSSEN CV3/VINYL WRAPPED SHADOW LINE TRIM/ETS-POWER TUNE/
///M-FLIGHT MEMBER
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2013, 07:44 PM   #63
veightkiller
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: e90 335i

Your money, your call. If its me ill take half of it to pay the loan then half of it go towards the engine mods. It's never been a good idea to invest on cars but you pay to play.
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2013, 08:03 PM   #64
Dave07997S
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2020 Ford Mustang GT

Quote:
4% on $55k for 6yrs (3yrs left)
You are at a point that within a yr. only about $66.00 a month of your payment is towards interest....

I don't know..I would say get the blower...

Dave
2004 BMW M3 Imola/Blk
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2013, 11:46 PM   #65
NikB316
Captain
Rep

Quote:
NikB316
Let's talk my man. We may have something here...

Sorry my friend I can't sell the kit until I get my new car. I can't drive this car NA after having this kit - it makes the car so special. Would totally loose that feeling. If you are looking to wait until the end of summer it is yours!

If you are trying to get a kit soon I can't say enough good things about this Gen 2 kit. If you want to spend the extra $ it is definitely worth it over A preowned Gen 1 kit. Start with even a Gen 2 Level 1/2 kit and you'll be thrilled. I have driven the big competing kits and can say its the best without a doubt. Be careful of people stating their opinions and claims that haven't even driven other kits! I've said on many threads and will continue to say anyone that wants a friendly feel of the kit is more than welcome to take my car on a nice drive. Just meet me at my convenience obviously.

If for any reason you are planning a trip to NY come by for a test drive! I'll show you the finest highways Jersey has to offer

Appreciate 0
      05-04-2013, 11:52 AM   #66
osteome
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5

Quote:
Maybe you just wanted to plug that you paid your M3 cash!!
It was nice to be able to pay cash, but I did that only after clearing all other debts and working my ass off to pile up the cash in the first place. If I could not have purchased the M3 for cash, I would have purchased something cheaper.

I do appreciate the argument that my money could make more elsewhere, but I hate debt and still work my ass off to invest a lot with all my money going into that rather than still paying a portion in interest to a bank. I'm a control freak and prefer to control my income. To each, his own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xfirer1guy View Post
I do get the "Carpe Diem" argument, but I don't want to work for the rest of my life trying to seize the day, every day. I appreciate the notion that the less I spend now, cash or financed, on a depreciating asset the more I have later, compounded of course with interest which will be nice twenty years from now.

In the interest of continuing to advance the thread, I would throw at least some at paying down the car, or perhaps consider re-financing the owed amount to a potentially lower rate at a shorter term. $66 dollars a month is still $792 a year....

Either way, enjoy the E93, it is already a tremendous car.
Gone: M3 E93 Silverstone II over Bamboo

Last edited by osteome; 05-04-2013 at 11:58 AM..
Appreciate 0