BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

European Auto Source (EAS)

11-27-2019, 03:51 PM   #1
lowkey_domm
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 M3

"Team2Fast" X Pipes

Im looking to see if anyone has ordered these "Team2Fast" X pipes for E9X M3 platform? They're coming from Germany and claim to be 100% stainless. Has anyone ordered these before? I messaged the company for more photos. Link provided below.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/BMW-M3-E90-...-/233096883902
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2019, 04:07 PM   #2
SAMM3Y
Major
Rep
Drives: 2008 m3

Yes I had those once. The fit wasn't great. Had to cut a little heat shielding around the o2 sensors to make them fit. Also the OEM exhaust clamps that mate up the muffler were too big and So I tried using a couple of split flanges on either side to pull them together which looked messy and leaked a little. The finish was good enough and they sounded fine. I had it paired with a Megans for the ultimate budget exhaust. At the time I didn't want to spend m3 money for an exhaust coming from Japanese cars where aftermarket was a lot cheaper.

My advice, I wouldn't buy this item again, I'd shop local used for a quality piece or watch for black Friday sales.

11-27-2019, 05:30 PM   #3
bmwfst1
Pwrdbym
United_States
Rep
Drives: red 2010 bmwm3

Not surprised by fitment issues. They are too cheap for an xpipe even for ebay.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2019, 05:32 PM   #4
lowkey_domm
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMM3Y View Post
Yes I had those once. The fit wasn't great. Had to cut a little heat shielding around the o2 sensors to make them fit. Also the OEM exhaust clamps that mate up the muffler were too big and So I tried using a couple of split flanges on either side to pull them together which looked messy and leaked a little. The finish was good enough and they sounded fine. I had it paired with a Megans for the ultimate budget exhaust. At the time I didn't want to spend m3 money for an exhaust coming from Japanese cars where aftermarket was a lot cheaper.

My advice, I wouldn't buy this item again, I'd shop local used for a quality piece or watch for black Friday sales.
Thank you this was the exact information I was looking for. I also came from the Japanese scene and wanted to know if was worth the money or not. Id rather save my money and pay more for better quality. My goal is to go bimmerworld X pipe with valvetronic exhaust at this point in time. I also looked at an X pipe Megan Exhaust combo great bang for buck.

I contacted my local fab shop (someone whos helped me in the past) and he gave me a quote that was very similar to bimmerworlds x pipe price currently. I probably just look up a used set. How hard was it to install you x pipe is this something I can get under the car and do by myself or just pay the money for the shop to install?
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2019, 06:00 PM   #5
Jerezblack.m3
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowkey_domm View Post
Thank you this was the exact information I was looking for. I also came from the Japanese scene and wanted to know if was worth the money or not. Id rather save my money and pay more for better quality. My goal is to go bimmerworld X pipe with valvetronic exhaust at this point in time. I also looked at an X pipe Megan Exhaust combo great bang for buck.

I contacted my local fab shop (someone whos helped me in the past) and he gave me a quote that was very similar to bimmerworlds x pipe price currently. I probably just look up a used set. How hard was it to install you x pipe is this something I can get under the car and do by myself or just pay the money for the shop to install?
it's pretty straight forward. It took me about 2 hours to change them because i was by myself and my car was just on jackstands.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2019, 11:46 PM   #6
SAMM3Y
Major
Rep
Drives: 2008 m3

Looking back, they didn't include any hardware either to connect the 2 bolt section 1 to the x pipe. I sourced a couple of standard 2.5" gaskets which were less than perfect fit because metric and had to source my own nuts and bolts too. Ever since I have had a Distaste for any exhaust that uses a 2 bolt butt style flange like that. I feel it's a cheesy cop out and I'm surprised a company like challenge do it. I much prefer a slip fit flange, they don't leak and are adjustable for slight offsets especially when mixing exhaust manufacturers.
      11-28-2019, 09:44 PM   #7
Camnyc
wannabe
Rep
Drives: E90 LCI M3

I have one, it needed some massaging to fit properly, that said the materials are of good quality and the welds are good. I would look for something else preowned or from top speed if you are looking for a deal.