BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

Mporium BMW

03-09-2011, 02:37 PM   #23
slalomfever
United_States
Rep
Drives: Nardo Grey F80

here is a text from a BMW bulletin last year...

Starting with September 2010 production, the 2011 M3 will receive a number of further enhancements. Mineral White Metallic exterior paint becomes available, as do new Palladium Silver / Black / Black and Fox Red / Black interior upholsteries. The celebrated M Drive system becomes standard. Identified by its now-famous M Button on the steering wheel, M Drive allows the M3 driver to pre-program two “personalities” for the vehicle and toggle between them with a press of the M Button.

I hope this answers your question.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2011, 03:03 PM   #24
checkmate
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW M3 E90

Navin-Just trying to save you some money bro. My fiance asked me to consider the new M3 for maintenance/warranty purposes-I'm resisting the temptation.

If I do end up getting the new car-I would get the following spec:

SG E90 M3 w/FR Interior
DCT
PP2 (Frustrating that I need to opt for the pkge to get power seats!!)
220M Wheels
Anti-Theft
Heated Seats
Rear Park Sensor
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2011, 04:03 PM   #25
ahmed_fawzy
President
Egypt
Rep
Drives: MR/FR e92 M3 6MT

Garage List
2008 M3 CP  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Navin323i View Post
Thanks! I was trying to figure out when this black/fox red interior option became available... is this new for 2011?
I think late 2010. So yes it's new for 2011 models which makes it kind of unique. BTW fox red isn't the shade u see on the website it's kind of a bit like the red u see in a Mini Cooper.

E92 M3 Melbourne Red/Fox Red Ext.'08 M Driver's Pack-E87 130i Titanium Silver/Black '07
E63 M6 Indianapolis Red/Champagne Full '05
SOLD:E46 M3 Imola Red/Cloth/Black '01-E39 M5 Blue Water/Grey/Black '99-E36 M3 Dakar Yellow/Black '96-E36 M3 Hell Red/Black '93
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2011, 05:58 PM   #26
Glop
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011.75 E93 / 2007 335 coupe

$3000 is not what they charge for contrast stitching... it's more expensive than that.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2011, 09:42 AM   #27
Navin323i
Europrojektz East
United_States
Rep
Drives: See my Sig

Quote:
Originally Posted by slalomfever View Post
here is a text from a BMW bulletin last year...

Starting with September 2010 production, the 2011 M3 will receive a number of further enhancements. Mineral White Metallic exterior paint becomes available, as do new Palladium Silver / Black / Black and Fox Red / Black interior upholsteries. The celebrated M Drive system becomes standard. Identified by its now-famous M Button on the steering wheel, M Drive allows the M3 driver to pre-program two “personalities” for the vehicle and toggle between them with a press of the M Button.

I hope this answers your question.
Quote:
Originally Posted by checkmate View Post
Navin-Just trying to save you some money bro. My fiance asked me to consider the new M3 for maintenance/warranty purposes-I'm resisting the temptation.

If I do end up getting the new car-I would get the following spec:

SG E90 M3 w/FR Interior
DCT
PP2 (Frustrating that I need to opt for the pkge to get power seats!!)
220M Wheels
Anti-Theft
Heated Seats
Rear Park Sensor
I know you are, bro... it's all good.

I'm actually toying with the idea of not getting the anti-theft alarm system and using that extra money towards the black/fox red two tone option (assuming I decide not to go the route of having an upholsterer customize my interior). Since I'm getting the BMW Assist system anyhow, that has theft recovery services anyhow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahmed_fawzy View Post
I think late 2010. So yes it's new for 2011 models which makes it kind of unique. BTW fox red isn't the shade u see on the website it's kind of a bit like the red u see in a Mini Cooper.
Thanks Ahmed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glop View Post
$3000 is not what they charge for contrast stitching... it's more expensive than that.

Looks like I'll go custom route and get a custom interior at the fraction of the cost that BMW would charge.

BMW Individual Atlantis Metallic Twin Screw S/C'ed 5spd 2000 323i
SPONSORED BY: BBS | Toyo Tires | DPE | WheelSTO | Vorsteiner | European Auto Source | Bimmertools | GetBMWParts | Race Apeel
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2011, 12:13 PM   #28
checkmate
Major
United_States
Rep

Its all good. Its definitely exciting to toy around with the options on the BMWUSA website. I'm sure you'll be happy whatever you decide to get.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2011, 02:01 PM   #29
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Odysse

Quote:
Originally Posted by checkmate View Post
Considering you have kids-would suggest opting for a leather color that is less maintenance considering all the traffic in and out of the car. The Novillo leather is not as good as the Nappa Leather (E46 M3) which is a lot more durable and ages quite well...

If it were me-I'd opt for the black leather and then have it stitched by an upholsterer at a fraction of the cost. After all-we're only talking of a few yards of thread....
I've sat in both Novillo (M3) and Nappa (X5) and seen both after a few years, and they feel pretty similar to me. They both seem to wear pretty well too. Boston leather in the regular 335 is a step down. IMO.

OP and checkmate, how much would it be to do the custom stiching?
I've been thinkin of doing the wheel in alcatara in the middle section with M stiching, which the BMW Sport wheel doesn't have and maybe doing the seats.
Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2011, 02:18 PM   #30
MusclezMarinara
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: VALNCYA

Garage List
Good choice op

im doin
space gray
on red and black just like looks nice not to over whelming
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2011, 02:41 PM   #31
jeffnnj
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E93 M3

Not a big fan of the red in/red out look.
2002 M3 Convertible Titanium Silver/Black(retired)
1998 328i Convertible Arctic Silver/Gray(retired)
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2011, 03:14 PM   #32
checkmate
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by aus View Post
I've sat in both Novillo (M3) and Nappa (X5) and seen both after a few years, and they feel pretty similar to me. They both seem to wear pretty well too. Boston leather in the regular 335 is a step down. IMO.

I've been thinkin of doing the wheel in alcatara in the middle section with M stiching, which the BMW Sport wheel doesn't have and maybe doing the seats.
Depends on your sources. Chinatown is a good place to start-plenty of folks who can upholster there for cheap-simply ask around.

I can assure you won't be paying hazard to stitch a few feet worth of leather.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2011, 04:52 PM   #33
Navin323i
Europrojektz East
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by aus View Post

BMW charges over $6k if you want the custom stitching... a bit out of my price range, lol.

SPONSORED BY: BBS | Toyo Tires | DPE | WheelSTO | Vorsteiner | European Auto Source | Bimmertools | GetBMWParts | Race Apeel
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2011, 04:55 PM   #34
Navin323i
Europrojektz East
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MusclezMarinara View Post
Good choice op

im doin
space gray
on red and black just like looks nice not to over whelming
Thanks bro! Curious what you think about doing Melbourne red exterior with black and fox red 2 tone interior. I know they're 2 different shades of red, but the contrasting colors in the interior would definitely spice it up a bit from the more traditional choice of going all black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffnnj View Post
Not a big fan of the red in/red out look.
Yeah, I hear you... it's definitely an acquired taste, particularly to those like me who love the color red.

Appreciate 0
      03-10-2011, 05:20 PM   #35
M3Bahn
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3

I saw one in person and it looked very sporty.

Taken with my BB.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-10-2011, 05:52 PM   #36
jmflukeiii
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 Jet Black M3 ZCP Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpari09 View Post
Go for it op. Looks amazing. Pay no attention to the ones that say not to get it they r just jealous. Got mine last week, SG on FR/BLK/BLK
I didn't say don't get it... I just think it doesn't match if you have a MR exterior. I wish I had gotten it with my JB exterior.... would look incredible.
2011.5 E92 M3 Jet Black, DCT, Competition, Premium 2, and Convenience Packages, Black Novillo, Enhanced Premium Sound, 15% Tint, Black Kidneys/Reflectors/Gills/Roundels, DINAN Full Exhaust, DINAN Tune.
2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Black everything.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2011, 06:02 PM   #37
jmflukeiii
Captain
Rep

Quote:
It would look good on any exterior color offered.
Alright, our opinions differ.
2011.5 E92 M3 Jet Black, DCT, Competition, Premium 2, and Convenience Packages, Black Novillo, Enhanced Premium Sound, 15% Tint, Black Kidneys/Reflectors/Gills/Roundels, DINAN Full Exhaust, DINAN Tune.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2011, 06:12 PM   #38
Biggerunn
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 Coupe

I've got a Mineral White with FR/B/B interior, and I think it is pretty spectacular. I really fretted over the interior when I ordered the car, as I hadn't seen it in person (and neither had anyone I could find at the dealership). But I have not been disappointed in the least.

But combining any kind of FR interior with Melbourne Red exterior? That would make me more than nervous. I just don't think the combination will work. You've probably already done this, but if you go on the BMWNA site and do the build-you-own thing using a full FR interior and the MR exterior, you can get a sense (albeit small) as to how the two reds would clash.

But good luck with whatever you decide.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2011, 06:15 PM   #39
jmflukeiii
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggerunn View Post
I've got a Mineral White with FR/B/B interior, and I think it is pretty spectacular. I really fretted over the interior when I ordered the car, as I hadn't seen it in person (and neither had anyone I could find at the dealership). But I have not been disappointed in the least.

But combining any kind of FR interior with Melbourne Red exterior? That would make me more than nervous. I just don't think the combination will work. You've probably already done this, but if you go on the BMWNA site and do the build-you-own thing using a full FR interior and the MR exterior, you can get a sense (albeit small) as to how the two reds would clash.

Exactly what I was thinking; definitely clash.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2011, 06:19 PM   #40
checkmate
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
No offense but cheap people should not be driving m3's.
Being smart is not being cheap
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2011, 08:39 PM   #41
Glop
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011.75 E93 / 2007 335 coupe

Quote:
U mean being cheap isn't being smart. Buying a 70k car and cheaping out on a few nice options is pretty pathetic. IMO
A dollar is still a dollar, just cause you're spending 70k doesn't mean anything. I got the car for a few hundred above invoice, but I guess I should just not care and just buy it MSRP, cause what's a few thousands on an 80k car right?

Throwing your money away on ridiculously priced options just because you're already spending a big amount is quite pathetic. IMO.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2011, 07:58 AM   #42
Navin323i
Europrojektz East
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Go for it op. Looks amazing. Pay no attention to the ones that say not to get it they r just jealous. Got mine last week, SG on FR/BLK/BLK
Thanks bro... but I will add one thing... I am paying attention to what others here are saying (since they all have gone thru what I'm going thru now and they have their M3s so I value their feedback), but in the end, only I can make this decision and live with my decision, so it's all good.

Quote:
No offense but cheap people should not be driving m3's.
I know you stated you meant no offense here, but you don't know Checkmate or others here to say they're "cheap" people. We all have different financial situations... I have 2 kids and exorbitant medical costs because of my carbon fiber mechanical heart... does that make me cheap if I don't get a "fully loaded" M3? Absolutely not.

Afterall, I have the most expensive heart of anyone on this forum, lol. I could certainly afford a fully loaded M3, but I'd rather save what money I can, get only those options that I truly want, and use what money I save towards making my wife happy and children happy... it's a true blessing to be a husband and father.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggerunn View Post

I hear you, bro... would love to see pics of your exterior and interior... can you post a link to pics or just post the pics?

One thing to keep in mind from a color standpoint... it's not like you'll always be seeing the exterior and interior simultaneously so that the 2 reds blatantly clash with each other... the 2 colors are separated... exterior and interior. Also with the 2 tone option you won't have as much fox red as you would have if you go with a full fox red interior.

I agree that a full fox red interior would definitely clash with melbourne red exterior, but with the 2 tone interior, I think the black would definitely help make it less clashing.

Appreciate 0
      03-11-2011, 08:55 AM   #43
saurabbhatia
M - Lover!!!
United_States
Rep
Drives: E36 M3, E92 M3, F90 M5

Garage List
2021 BMW M5  [0.00]
2011 M3  [0.00]
1997 M3  [0.00]
Navin,

Go for the 2 Tone.. I miss outed on it. when I ordered my M3 and now I regret it..

Current : - 97 E36 Estoril Blu M3 - 11 E92 Space Grey M3C - 21 F90 Aplina White M5C
Previous :- 18 F85 Donington Grey X5M - 17 F80 Macau Blu M3 Jahra Edition -
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2011, 10:14 AM   #44
Navin323i
Europrojektz East
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabbhatia View Post
Navin,

Go for the 2 Tone.. I miss outed on it. when I ordered my M3 and now I regret it..
Hey Saurab!!! Total blast from the past, bro... haven't seen you in years!

Didn't know you're in an E92 M3 now... congrats!!

Would you recommend the 2 tone even with a Melbourne Red color exterior, given that fox red and melbourne red are 2 different shades of red?

Appreciate 0