BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

06-16-2009, 05:30 PM   #23
Dartanium
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 09 E90 M3

if there is a Kw v3 group buy, i would be interested
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2009, 06:13 PM   #24
Ron@Modbargains
United_States
Rep
Drives: 996TT/ae86

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrHarris View Post
I got a feeling the Bilsteins are coming soon --- the ones that actually work with EDC not cancel out the check engine light

Towards the end of summer they said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartanium View Post
if there is a Kw v3 group buy, i would be interested
No such thing as a KW group buy - if you see one it's not authorized and probably grey market. KW doesn't allow for that.

Bilstein has always been well respected, but I have to agree if one looks at the races and whats selling and most popularly reviewed. KW stands on top of the competitors - they've really dominated and they've been #1 in Europe and have risen to the top now in the US.
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2009, 11:09 PM   #25
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Odysse

Is the PSS10 system a rebound adjust able system only, or is it bound/rebound adjustable?
Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2009, 11:17 PM   #26
MyKmYk
BMW Individual Junkie.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Mora E46, Tanzanite G20 M340i

Ordered KW's today. I'll see how these compare to my PSS10's. Granted a totally diff. chassis and generation, but I'll follow-up. Wont be til July though...
      06-28-2009, 05:26 PM   #27
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep

This is causing me some concern.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=243156
Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2009, 10:10 PM   #28
Ben335
Captain
Rep
Drives: 09 M3 Finally here

A member here just installed KW Clubsports and has a clunking noise from the right front shock. It seems the dampers is defective. KW is not willing to do anything for him which is the biggest issue!!
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2009, 10:31 PM   #29
Adonislike
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Toyota Insight/Honda Prius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron************ View Post
Towards the end of summer they said.

No such thing as a KW group buy - if you see one it's not authorized and probably grey market. KW doesn't allow for that.

Bilstein has always been well respected, but I have to agree if one looks at the races and whats selling and most popularly reviewed. KW stands on top of the competitors - they've really dominated and they've been #1 in Europe and have risen to the top now in the US.
I am far from being an expert, but doesnt Moton have to be put into this conversation??
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2009, 01:56 AM   #30
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep

Moton's are at an entirely different price point.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2009, 03:19 AM   #31
bigjae1976
Major General
Rep
Drives: 11 E90 M3 Individual

Garage List
2004 BMW M3  [4.50]
2011 BMW E90 M3  [5.25]
2013 BMW 328i  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by aus View Post
WOW! For all the hype on this forum from vendors about the KW3 you wouldn't think so many people would be having problems.

Hopefully it gets fixed.
2000 E36/7 Z3 Steel Blue
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2009, 08:22 AM   #32
Eugene-TAIWAN
Brigadier General
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 Coupe

I believe the way how BMW is settiing up there EDC is different from porsche and R35.

I took my apart and found that it is only some simple connector to the top the of the shock tower. unlike the porsche and R35 it actually leads into the shock itself.

so I do feel and EDC upgrade that will keep the EDC system will not be made anytime soon.

Past: Gintani stage3 M3, Cayman GTS
present: Porsche 993RWB, 964RS America,996 cupcar, 964 turbo 3.6,Macan Turbo,997GT2,930 turbo,i3, MINI JCW
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2009, 09:44 PM   #33
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep

The JIC Cross suspension seems like something that mybe nice. It comes with plates, but is rebound adjustable only- Like I know what to do with double adjustable shocks.

The M3 version is suppose to be coming out soon.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=272259
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2009, 03:01 AM   #34
Eugene-TAIWAN
Brigadier General
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by aus View Post
Is the PSS10 system a rebound adjust able system only, or is it bound/rebound adjustable?

Its rebound and height adjustable

Past: Gintani stage3 M3, Cayman GTS
present: Porsche 993RWB, 964RS America,996 cupcar, 964 turbo 3.6,Macan Turbo,997GT2,930 turbo,i3, MINI JCW
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2009, 01:44 PM   #35
Gary@RENN-Spec
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Alot of the issue here may be with a bad install or defective unit. In the case that the suspension would have to be warrantied, if you purchase KW from vendors that sell grey market units, you'll be SOL. This is why KW urge you to purchase from authorized vendors to avoid this hassle. Most of the time, KW is very easy going with their warranty policy.
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2009, 01:54 PM   #36
Ben335
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary@RENN-Spec View Post
Alot of the issue here may be with a bad install or defective unit. In the case that the suspension would have to be warrantied, if you purchase KW from vendors that sell grey market units, you'll be SOL. This is why KW urge you to purchase from authorized vendors to avoid this hassle. Most of the time, KW is very easy going with their warranty policy.
The problems is how KW as a company handles the warranty. They don't make it an easy feat to get a warranty claim done. They consistently blame the install. Most of the installs that I know are done at very reputable shops or BMW dealerships. To constantly say it is the install becomes an excuse after a while. They also do not take any sort of responsibility for the install, deinstall, realignment costs from a defective damper. Furthermore, their expectation is that you take off the defective damper(s) and send it back to them so they can look at it before they will send you a new one. One could install a damper, realize it is defective, have to take it off and then send it in to KW and wait for them to inspect it and send a new one. This could be weeks before the car is up and running again. So if one is has a defective part which is no fault of the customer, they will have to pay for the install, realignment, then deinstall of the defective part. When the new part is finally sent by KW, you pay for the install of the new damper plus re-alignment again. In essence, they really have no regard for the customers convenience factor or down time in their cars. Shows poor customer service on their part.
      07-15-2009, 01:57 PM   #37
!Xoible
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: ....

Garage List
2008 M3  [4.00]
2007 335i  [9.00]
2008 528i  [8.00]
2006 Infiniti - G35 ...  [8.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugene-TAIWAN View Post
Thanks for the input!! I did not realize that there where do PSS10 dealers in the states or they don't market the product as well as KW. That is a said thing to hear. Well since the only choice I have is using KW cause of my EDC set up.
I will give V3's a shot. Maybe I will end up liking them.
why do u think JLevi is all over your nuts grinding with passion and telling you to buy KW's? coz they cannot sell you PSS10's
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2009, 02:01 PM   #38
tightie
JOSH SHOKRI.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 991 GT3RS, 964, Raptor

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [7.90]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben335 View Post
A member here just installed KW Clubsports and has a clunking noise from the right front shock. It seems the dampers is defective. KW is not willing to do anything for him which is the biggest issue!!
That sounds like a install issue or he messed up the shock. The Clubsports do NOT come with warranty, you know that when you purchase the item. The KWv3 do come with warranty. I have been waiting on my clubsports for months.
      07-15-2009, 02:30 PM   #39
Ben335
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tightie View Post
That sounds like a install issue or he messed up the shock. The Clubsports do NOT come with warranty, you know that when you purchase the item. The KWv3 do come with warranty. I have been waiting on my clubsports for months.
They may not come with a warranty, but I bet you would be screaming a bit if you install the dampers and they immediately start to clunk, especially after waiting months. The damper is defective by the way. Point is, warranty or no warranty, KW seems to be having a lot of problems with QC on the shocks.
      07-15-2009, 02:50 PM   #40
Gary@RENN-Spec
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben335 View Post
The problems is how KW as a company handles the warranty. They don't make it an easy feat to get a warranty claim done. They consistently blame the install. Most of the installs that I know are done at very reputable shops or BMW dealerships. To constantly say it is the install becomes an excuse after a while. They also do not take any sort of responsibility for the install, deinstall, realignment costs from a defective damper. Furthermore, their expectation is that you take off the defective damper(s) and send it back to them so they can look at it before they will send you a new one. One could install a damper, realize it is defective, have to take it off and then send it in to KW and wait for them to inspect it and send a new one. This could be weeks before the car is up and running again. So if one is has a defective part which is no fault of the customer, they will have to pay for the install, realignment, then deinstall of the defective part. When the new part is finally sent by KW, you pay for the install of the new damper plus re-alignment again. In essence, they really have no regard for the customers convenience factor or down time in their cars. Shows poor customer service on their part.
Point taken Ben. I know that Tein for example, have offices here in the U.S. that can rebuild or supply replacement shocks to reduce the downtime.
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2009, 02:55 PM   #41
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep

KW did post they were looking for cars that were making the sound, but they are located in Central Cali. What's up with that location???
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2009, 02:59 PM   #42
Gary@RENN-Spec
Captain
United_States
Rep

Yeah, their NA office is located in Sanger, CA next to Fresno.
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2009, 03:39 PM   #43
serven7
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: RS 46 M3

Every time coilovers come up so does EDC. How often do you actually use the button?
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2009, 04:14 PM   #44
Ron@Modbargains
United_States
Rep
Drives: 996TT/ae86

Quote:
Originally Posted by tightie View Post
Bingo - Clubsports don't come with the lifetime warranty. It's a drawback.

That's not to say, they won't do a rebuild work. Again on these issues using a authorized dealer will help speed the process for a person.

The whole clunking thing - I honestly haven't heard of it too often except on the reported information here on the forums. As soon as I had seen it, I sent the thread over to KW. I know they've been investigating it.
Appreciate 0