BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

BPM

06-09-2014, 04:12 PM   #67
Porschefile
Major
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Thanks for the info! Looks like a great kit.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2014, 09:09 PM   #68
dfjaws
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 / E86 M Coupe

Are there any cars running this that are catless with 93 octane?
      06-10-2014, 11:21 AM   #69
Charles@Gintani.com
Rep
Drives: E46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfjaws View Post
Are there any cars running this that are catless with 93 octane?
Not at the moment, you can be the first one! With 93 octane and catless - you will be making more power than we have listed.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2014, 07:43 PM   #70
n54fanatic
Captain
Armenia
Rep
Drives: M4

Being one of the two first gintani stage 1 e9x m3s, here's a quick review of the product.

A little background first, I was in the market for a VF540 or ESS VT1-550, but saw the Gintanti kit was basically the same overall product for a cheaper price I went with this instead. I don't usually buy unproven products but decided to give it a shot.

Pros: with the Gintanti stage 1 car now pulls like a beast in almost any gear. Car finally has the torque it needs. At first I was not sure if I liked the blow off valve but it has grown on me, you can hear when shifting or letting off the gas pedal. Almost sounds like a turbo engine. Car pulls ridiculously hard from 60-whenever.

Cons: car drinks so much gas now, I've been getting 12mpg driving around the city

Overall I'm impressed with the product gintani has put out. Frankly, at first I wasn't sure if I made the right choice, since so many people just get the ESS or VF kits. I like the uniqueness of the Gintani kit. I haven't driven an ESS or VF m3 so I don't have a direct comparison, but coming from a 335 n54 w/ tune, intake, and downpipes, I can say the Gintanti m3 pulls a lot harder.

Jack
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2014, 11:21 PM   #71
UroGator
Private
Rep
Drives: 2008 MR E92 M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by n54fanatic View Post
Being one of the two first gintani stage 1 e9x m3s, here's a quick review of the product.

A little background first, I was in the market for a VF540 or ESS VT1-550, but saw the Gintanti kit was basically the same overall product for a cheaper price I went with this instead. I don't usually buy unproven products but decided to give it a shot.

Pros: with the Gintanti stage 1 car now pulls like a beast in almost any gear. Car finally has the torque it needs. At first I was not sure if I liked the blow off valve but it has grown on me, you can hear when shifting or letting off the gas pedal. Almost sounds like a turbo engine. Car pulls ridiculously hard from 60-whenever.

Cons: car drinks so much gas now, I've been getting 12mpg driving around the city

Overall I'm impressed with the product gintani has put out. Frankly, at first I wasn't sure if I made the right choice, since so many people just get the ESS or VF kits. I like the uniqueness of the Gintani kit. I haven't driven an ESS or VF m3 so I don't have a direct comparison, but coming from a 335 n54 w/ tune, intake, and downpipes, I can say the Gintanti m3 pulls a lot harder.

Jack
Thanks for the quick review. Are you running on 91 or 93 octane? What exhaust setup? Any plans for dyno?
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2014, 12:02 AM   #72
s85e90
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: black e90

Quote:
Originally Posted by UroGator View Post
Thanks for the quick review. Are you running on 91 or 93 octane? What exhaust setup? Any plans for dyno?
He's in CA so I would guess 91
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2014, 12:06 AM   #73
n54fanatic
Captain
Armenia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by s85e90
Quote:
Originally Posted by UroGator View Post
He's in CA so I would guess 91
Yeah I'm on 91 octane, and just an eisenmann exhaust, gintani custom tunes (basically means dyno tuned) one of the graphs is of my car I believe they're the second series of graphs
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2014, 12:18 AM   #74
regular guy
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Sprint car

Quote:
Originally Posted by n54fanatic View Post
At first I was not sure if I liked the blow off valve but it has grown on me, you can hear when shifting or letting off the gas pedal.
Jack, great review. If you ever get tired of the BOV, I'm pretty sure you can easily switch to a bypass valve without any hassle. Most of the vendors offer either choice and I believe they're the same form factor -- meaning they bolt up the same. Be sure to check with Gintani just to be 100% sure.
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2014, 01:55 AM   #75
Dave07997S
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2020 Ford Mustang GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles@Gintani.com View Post
Thank you! Dyno Dynamics generally read much lower compared to other dynos. Hence, we have provided graphs of the same car on our Dyno Dynamics and Specialty Z's Dyno Jet to show the comparison.
Thanks for replying Charles, you quoted me but didn't answer my question. Would love to see someone get one of these kits CARB approved.

Dave
2004 BMW M3 Imola/Blk
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2014, 07:01 AM   #76
UroGator
Private
Rep
Drives: 2008 MR E92 M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by n54fanatic

Jack
I see that you're getting 12 miles per gallon in the city but I assume this is with spirited driving since this kit is new. How many miles per tank are you getting overall?
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2014, 07:39 AM   #77
Time Lord
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 ZCP

12mpg!!!! i think ill keep my 22mpg city/highway
      06-12-2014, 10:12 AM   #78
n54fanatic
Captain
Armenia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by UroGator
Quote:
Originally Posted by n54fanatic

Jack
I see that you're getting 12 miles per gallon in the city but I assume this is with spirited driving since this kit is new. How many miles per tank are you getting overall?
Well to clarify yes some spirited driving, but I used to get 14mpg average before so my mpg only dropped by about 2, on the highway I still get about 20mpg
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2014, 11:45 AM   #79
Charles@Gintani.com
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave07997S View Post
Thanks for replying Charles, you quoted me but didn't answer my question. Would love to see someone get one of these kits CARB approved.

Dave
Sorry about that, we have no plans to make it CARB certified.
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2014, 05:02 PM   #80
dj_dub
IG: @dj_dub
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW E90 M3 - SG/FR 6MT

Garage List
I'm so tempted...great product and price point!
CarboProject CF Plenum | Dinan CF Intake | ESS Tune | RKP X-Pipe | Akra w/CF Tips | MFactory CF DS | CSF Cooling | AST 5200 | Hotchkis F/R Sways | SPL/Ground Control/Fall-Line Arms | DEFIV Diff Brace | StudioRSR Rollcage | 3-piece BBS RT88 | Michelin PS4S | Brembos F/R | Recaro Profi SPG XL | CAE Ultra Shifter | Perf Elec Wheel V2 | BAVSOUND | GT4 CF Front Lip/Canards/Rear Wing | Arkym CF Rear Diffuser | Forcewerkz CF SS | Varis CF Lower Tray | Turner Skidplate | BayOptiks Headlights
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2014, 02:06 AM   #81
OMRITIME
Lieutenant
Israel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMRITIME View Post
Also interested to know about rod bearing

Rod bearing ???
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2014, 01:37 AM   #82
Charles@Gintani.com
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMRITIME View Post
Also interested to know about rod bearing
Regardless of being supercharged or N/A, rod bearings is a matter which should be determined by each individual.
Appreciate 0