BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

Mporium BMW

11-27-2007, 12:33 PM   #1
Leg
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 V8 Alpine White

Has anyone actually ordered individual leather?

Because after being told clearly I could have any of the 3 coupe leathers my dealer has now stated I cant order them.

I may well be heading for black leather and alpine white which is fine. Might even be the better option than syrah blue leather really. I can spend the money on some quality wheels!

He brought out a red leather swab today with M3 written on it and I had to tell him it was an E46 leather, I mean FFS!
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2007, 12:41 PM   #2
lucid
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E30 M3; Expedition

I remember this dicussion around you trying to order individual leather. How incompetent is your dealer exactly? I thought only US dealers were incompetent when it comes to getting specs/options right on a car. My dealer still thinks the E92 M3 will eventually come with SMG.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2007, 01:04 PM   #3
Leg
Captain
Rep

The git didnt say 'maybe' or 'probably' he even gave me the bloody 3 coupe brochure for individual options. He still reckons the exterior paints are available but not the pearl white which is 6 series only (so he says).

To be honest I darent order anything off the individual range, Im sure they will f*ck it up. So this is my final spec:

Alpine White
Black Leather
18 inch wheels (for track and to be replaced for road with 19 inch black split rims with a polished edge - lightweight quality wheels only!)
EDC
Seat heating, front
Comfort Access
Shadowline trim
Storage package
Bluetooth telephone prep
DAB
LOGIC 7 Hi Fi
USB AudioCarbon Structure Leather
Tracker response

I may do this afterwards:

Side and rear light tint
If (big IF) I can get a trimming company to do the areas that would be extended with extended leather to do it in the carbon leather (IF they can get it) that would be nice.

I fancied but wont order:

Piano trim - one scratch and it would be a mess
Extended black leather - seems pointless
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2007, 02:35 PM   #4
lucid
Major General
United_States
Rep

Nice.

Also, I didn't realize extended black leather was an option. I thought extended leather was available in very other standard interior color but black?
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2007, 02:44 PM   #5
Leg
Captain
Rep

Extended black is in the brochure and configurator.

Im pretty annoyed at my dealer for misleading me, I think due to speaking before checking rather than purposefully misleading me, but family and friends Ive mentioned this to seem to think black with white is better anyway. £1200 saved I guess.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2007, 03:32 PM   #6
footie
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: i4M50

Garage List
I understand what you mean about extended black, does seem pointless as it looks no different. But I was sure it wasn't £1200, I was pretty sure it was £750.

Can someone explain the difference between an M3 with no shadowline and with it. To me it looks the same in the configurator.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2007, 03:40 PM   #7
Ted
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by footie View Post
I understand what you mean about extended black, does seem pointless as it looks no different. But I was sure it wasn't £1200, I was pretty sure it was £750.

Can someone explain the difference between an M3 with no shadowline and with it. To me it looks the same in the configurator.
High Gloss Shadowline is Glossy, the standard shadowline is Matt.

Extended Leather is £750, I guess Individual Leather is £1200 but I haven't seen it offered, only paint and interior trim.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2007, 03:41 PM   #8
gadget
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 e92///M SSII DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leg View Post

I'm pretty annoyed at my dealer for misleading me, I think due to speaking before checking rather than purposefully misleading me, but family and friends Ive mentioned this to seem to think black with white is better anyway. £1200 saved I guess.
I agree that the AW with blue leather will not be as nice as the AW with black leather, although it is less original.

What i would like to see is interlagos blue with white leather similar to the blue Ferrari's with white leather. Is that even an option via the individual leather?
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2007, 03:41 PM   #9
southlight
Moderator / European Editor
Rep
Drives: X3M

Quote:

Shadowline is high gloss black trim, without it's matt black.

Best regards, south
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2007, 03:43 PM   #10
Ted
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Quote:
The git didnt say 'maybe' or 'probably' he even gave me the bloody 3 coupe brochure for individual options. He still reckons the exterior paints are available but not the pearl white which is 6 series only (so he says).
Brilliant White is officially 6 Series only, I fancy this myself and my dealer is checking it out with BMW if it is possible on the M3, if so I'll let you know.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2007, 03:46 PM   #11
lucid
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Im pretty annoyed at my dealer for misleading me, I think due to speaking before checking rather than purposefully misleading me, but family and friends Ive mentioned this to seem to think black with white is better anyway. £1200 saved I guess.
Yes, I just looked at the UK configurator and extended black leather is there, but it is impossible to tell the difference it might or might not make by staring at the screen. Has someone actually sat in a car with extended black leather?

I personally think the blue would be better overall than just black by adding some variety. Have you seen the paladium interior of Savage's AW? It looks pretty good.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2007, 03:47 PM   #12
footie
Major General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Thanks south & gadget,

Matt will suit me fine as £350 is better in my pocket than BMW's. So what is the difference between Individual leather trim and normal extended, or is that a stupid question.

It was never offered to me, but by then the dealer probably realised that I was tight fist-ed as I was able to get £1300 off the price of the car.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2007, 03:48 PM   #13
lucid
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
It was never offered to me, but by then the dealer probably realised that I was tight fist-ed as I was able to get £1300 off the price of the car.
Are you saying you were able to talk the dealer down from the list price?
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2007, 03:53 PM   #14
footie
Major General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucid View Post
Are you saying you were able to talk the dealer down from the list price?
Why are you not able to.

Man you aren't squeezing his balls tight enough, look at his eyes........if they aren't watering you haven't a good enough hold.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2007, 04:01 PM   #15
southlight
Moderator / European Editor
Rep
Drives: X3M

Quote:
So what is the difference between Individual leather trim and normal extended, or is that a stupid question.
It's another kind of leather: Normal leather is Novillo, the Individual leather is Merino (as used in the M5, Novillo has finer structure). The Individual leather could be more extended depending on which "level" of Individual leather you choose (not seems to be available for the M3 yet though).

Best regards, south
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2007, 04:03 PM   #16
lucid
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Why are you not able to.

Man you aren't squeezing his balls tight enough, look at his eyes........if they aren't watering you haven't a good enough hold.
I have in every single car I've bought until now, but that's not how the M3 plays itself out here in the US--at least not during the first year. Some dealers will be able to get over list easily given the length of the waiting lists.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2007, 04:05 PM   #17
Leg
Captain
Rep

There are NO individual leather options for the M3. Just the 4 standard ones. Dont even bother asking.

Brilliant White isnt available, Ive asked, time and time again.

Ive seen an M3 with and without shadowline and, speaking for AW, its definately worth it. Looks much better especially around the wing mirrors.

£1200 is individual leather on the 3 coupe (according to my dealer but what does he know eh!).

I sat in a black interior M3 at the dealers today and as this is my first BMW (so I dont suffer from the 'its the same as a 3 coupe' issue) I have to say I was reminded (from my test drive) how nice it is in there. Exudes quality and comfort with sufficient nods to sportiness.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2007, 04:16 PM   #18
footie
Major General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Leg,

You are a fellow Audi driver. What did you think of the steering wheel?

Personally I really like it and didn't see the problem what with the reviews all saying it was too thick.

P.S. Felt almost as nice as the S5 wheel and that is saying something.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2007, 04:25 PM   #19
Niro
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Porsche 911 C4S Cab (after M3)

Quote:
There are NO individual leather options for the M3. Just the 4 standard ones. Dont even bother asking.

Brilliant White isnt available, Ive asked, time and time again.

Ive seen an M3 with and without shadowline and, speaking for AW, its definately worth it. Looks much better especially around the wing mirrors.

£1200 is individual leather on the 3 coupe (according to my dealer but what does he know eh!).

I sat in a black interior M3 at the dealers today and as this is my first BMW (so I dont suffer from the 'its the same as a 3 coupe' issue) I have to say I was reminded (from my test drive) how nice it is in there. Exudes quality and comfort with sufficient nods to sportiness.

Hey Leg & Ted,

As I have mentioned "time and time again", Individual Brilliant White is DEFINITELY available. I have confirmed this with two dealerships. My dealer really knows his stuff, so if I were you, I'd ask another dealership around where you are!! My E93M shall be IBW with Fox Red - niiice.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2007, 05:30 PM   #20
The CSL
For the love of ///M3
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Peugeot 306 XSI 16v

The new 135i has the same steering wheel and I wasn't sure what to make of it. Whilst it felt thicker, it had a feeling of reassurance.
      11-27-2007, 06:05 PM   #21
Leg
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Leg,

You are a fellow Audi driver. What did you think of the steering wheel?

Personally I really like it and didn't see the problem what with the reviews all saying it was too thick.

P.S. Felt almost as nice as the S5 wheel and that is saying something.
Like it, the girth felt familiar somehow.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2007, 06:05 PM   #22
Leg
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niro View Post
Hey Leg & Ted,

As I have mentioned "time and time again", Individual Brilliant White is DEFINITELY available. I have confirmed this with two dealerships. My dealer really knows his stuff, so if I were you, I'd ask another dealership around where you are!! My E93M shall be IBW with Fox Red - niiice.
Leeds swear down blind it isnt, Ill ring round tomorrow though and pressure them one last time. Im leaning towards AW though, it looks more purposeful and less 'fancy'.
Appreciate 0