BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

Mporium BMW

01-16-2019, 07:37 PM   #67
fatalelement
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E93 Space Grey M3 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMM3Y View Post
Well Johnnie Cochran won't be much help these days would he??? And honor is name by atleast spelling it right, he was a fellow lawyer!
You got me there

Quote:
Originally Posted by wfdeacon88 View Post
CA is the worst state to compare laws & crimes against... I mean, illegals can come over and kill people, then be found not guilty after admitting they did it, then let free... that state makes no sense for anything related to law and order.
When did that actually happen? If they were found not guilty, that's really the jury's problem. If you still live in NC, you guys have virtually the same incarceration rate as us, and CA has one of the higher conviction rates among states. In any case, pick a state and try directly defrauding the government (what this guy did) - they don't tend to react really well to that.

I feel like you may be getting your picture of the CA justice system from the news - at least where I grew up in LA (and where my father is still a criminal judge), the prosecutors are far from friendly. The only reason people don't stay in prison as long in CA is because we send so many people to prison that we have been out of space for a long time. Nonviolent offenders get the boot quite early in their sentence.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2019, 07:49 PM   #68
SAMM3Y
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2008 m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatalelement View Post
Quote:
Well Johnnie Cochran won't be much help these days would he??? And honor is name by atleast spelling it right, he was a fellow lawyer!
You got me there

Quote:
Originally Posted by wfdeacon88 View Post
CA is the worst state to compare laws & crimes against... I mean, illegals can come over and kill people, then be found not guilty after admitting they did it, then let free... that state makes no sense for anything related to law and order.
When did that actually happen? If they were found not guilty, that's really the jury's problem. If you still live in NC, you guys have virtually the same incarceration rate as us, and CA has one of the higher conviction rates among states. In any case, pick a state and try directly defrauding the government (what this guy did) - they don't tend to react really well to that.

I feel like you may be getting your picture of the CA justice system from the news - at least where I grew up in LA (and where my father is still a criminal judge), the prosecutors are far from friendly. The only reason people don't stay in prison as long in CA is because we send so many people to prison that we have been out of space for a long time. Nonviolent offenders get the boot quite early in their sentence.
He's talking about Kate Steinle.. I knew her in High school even though we went to rival schools in Pleasanton. That was sick he got acquitted, no "buts" about it.
      01-16-2019, 07:56 PM   #69
fatalelement
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E93 Space Grey M3 DCT

Quote:
He's talking about Kate Steinle.. I knew her in High school even though we went to rival schools in Pleasanton. That was sick he got acquitted, no "buts" about it.
Ah - that case. He didn't confess to shooting her, he confessed to firing the gun, although he claimed it was accidental. He's also in prison awaiting deportation, not "released," so I'm not sure where that came from. He was acquitted of the murder, but convicted of a felony gun charge.

I definitely think he should be prison, but the prosecution did a garbage job for sure since they failed to convince the jury in a state (and country) with an extremely high conviction rate. It wasn't too long ago that it was quite easy to get put in prison for having a single joint on you in CA for "possession with intent to distribute."

However, speaking of Johnnie Cochran, OJ got off somehow so juries (who are, in every state, famously stupid) are far from reliable.
Appreciate 1
SAMM3Y3085.00
      01-16-2019, 10:48 PM   #70
thgem72
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyDawg View Post
The main issue Ive seen with a stage 2 car (catless) ... is getting it to pass emissions.

Everything I've read suggests that the cats will never show as "ready" even with a tune from most all tuners... Evolve seems to be the only tuner that sets cats as ready from what I have read.

Can you guys confirm that my assumptions above are correct? A couple of the Ms I have been looking at buying are catless (one with BPM tune) and it appears from what Ive read, getting them to pass emissions in GA is a no go...
Correct on Evolve. Still (miserably) failed sniffer.
Appreciate 1
      01-17-2019, 08:03 PM   #71
kpetelski
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92 M3

Quote:
The main issue Ive seen with a stage 2 car (catless) ... is getting it to pass emissions.

Everything I've read suggests that the cats will never show as "ready" even with a tune from most all tuners... Evolve seems to be the only tuner that sets cats as ready from what I have read.

Can you guys confirm that my assumptions above are correct? A couple of the Ms I have been looking at buying are catless (one with BPM tune) and it appears from what Ive read, getting them to pass emissions in GA is a no go...
Mine was done by the previous owner at a shop around Atlanta. The only thing that isnt ready is the O2 reading. I passed with one not ready.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2019, 02:57 PM   #72
MikeyDawg
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 - MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpetelski View Post
Mine was done by the previous owner at a shop around Atlanta. The only thing that isnt ready is the O2 reading. I passed with one not ready.
What tune?
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2019, 12:40 PM   #73
kpetelski
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92 M3

Quote:
What tune?
The receipt from the shop says: Dyno Tuning -STG 2
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2019, 06:26 PM   #74
Grip Addict
Banned
Rep
Drives: ///M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRUESOM3 View Post
You still got a few more stages left before we can consider it a mistake.
Stage 100, lol
Appreciate 0