BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > Private Sellers - For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Cars for sale/wanted/trade

European Auto Source (EAS)

01-07-2019, 05:35 AM   #1
thebeej21
Rep
Drives: M2

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
Sold

Item Interest
It's with some sadness/trepidation I'm listing my M3 for sale. I plan on moving to an F80 M3. I've owned the car for 18 months and put about 10,000 miles on it. It's been rock solid, and while I go though many cars, this one is particularly hard to part with. I really feel close to this car, and that's mostly due to this forum. I've learned so much from this community. I've never found the need to post as all my questions were already asked and answered. There is so much knowledge here.

This is the best car I've ever owned, but unfortunately my daily commute doesn't allow me to enjoy it as much as I'd like to. This car is special when being pushed, and enjoying revving it out, which I don't do enough of. I'm looking at the F80 for the extra torque and a bit more stoplight-to-stoplight power.

Enough of my story, on to what you're here for. Depending on the interest here, I was thinking about putting it on bringatrailer, but wanted to give this community first shot. I am still making payments on the car, which I know adds complexity, so I'll need a patient buyer

2011 E90 M3
WBSPM9C50BE202608
Alpine White / Fox Red ext. leather
Slick top no sunroof
Manual Transmission
60k miles
I have an Extended Warranty through Easycare (Stated Care $250 deductible) that expires 6/30/2020 or at 87,245 miles that I can transfer for an added $1500

Packages:

Premium Package 2
Technology Package
Cold Weather Package
Comfort Access
EDC
Heated Seats
Navigation
Bluetooth
Park Distance Control sensors

Mods
Lux H8 Angel Eyes (Still have originals if needed)
Macht Schnell Intake (Already on the car when I bought it. I did replace the filter with a new one)
BMW Performance Pedals from ECS
Bimmertech OEM Integration Rear View Camera Retrofit
Gloss Black Kidney Grills (Still have originals if needed)
BMW ZHP Shift Knob (Still have original, though I had to cut the shift boot)

Service/Maintenance
Unfortunately the service history from before I bought the car is spotty. I have the Carfax report from when I bought it available, and the BMW dealer let me take a picture of some records they had on the computer. I bought the car out of state and had a PPI done. I can provide that as well. More than willing to get a new PPI done at the buyers expense. I also do most work/maintenance myself which some people won't like, but I just never trust dealership/shops to do a good job. Too many horror stories. Blame the DIY section of this forum for making it possible to do my own work.
Since I bought the car:
7/1/17 - 51,213 miles - Right rear wheel speed sensor fault. Cleaned and swapped to driver side. Haven't had any issues since.
7/20/17 - 52,185 - Alignment and Oil Change
7/22/17 - 52,210 - New Macht Schnell Air Filter
12/11/17 - 55,100 - Diff fluid and transmission fluid
2/10/18 - 56,156 - Airbag Recall, New Motor Mounts covered by Easycare warranty
2/15/18 - 56,200 - New Duralast H8-AGM Battery
3/15/18 - 56,910 - New Spark Plugs
3/31/18 - 57,208 - Oil Change (Blackstone Report available)
11/23/18 - 59,995 - Blower Motor Recall

Like I stated above, this car has been rock solid. One minor issue with the speed sensor 3 days after I got the car, but other than that zero issues. Just maintenance.

There are 2 blemishes on the exterior of the car that I'll show with photos. On the bottom of the passenger side of the front bumper there is a large mark that looks like was caused by a curb or pothole. This was on the car when I got it. The passenger side skirt has a gouge caused by a jacking incident a while back. The wheels to the floor jack got caught on my garage mat while jacking it up and it fell off the jack. I put some touch up paint on it so it wouldn't rust or get worse, but it looks like crap and the side skirt probably needs to be repainted/replaced.

Other than that, the paint/interior has been meticulously maintained. I'll include a picture of my detailing shelf as proof of my detailing OCD . This car has only ever been washed by hand by me and never seen an automated car wash. It stays in my garage, but does spend several hours outside every day while at work.

Now let's see if I can figure out how to not screw up uploading pictures. I'm sure there is something I missed, so feel free to ask for more information, pictures, video, etc.

Attached Images

Last edited by thebeej21; 01-07-2019 at 08:06 AM..
Appreciate 1
      01-07-2019, 05:50 AM   #2
thebeej21
Rep

Interior:
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      01-07-2019, 02:27 PM   #3
jv92red
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F22 M240i (SOLD) E92M3 (SOLD)

E90 w/MT, Slicktop, and extended Fox interior = This one won't last long.
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2019, 02:33 PM   #4
Shiza
Captain
Rep
Drives: M3, X5, Ram 2500, Wrangler

Gotta love Alpine white on Fox red. This one should go fast. GLWS!
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2019, 02:54 PM   #5
thebeej21
Rep

I was talking to a potential buyer today, and he asked about the valve cover gaskets. When I was at the BMW dealer getting the blower motor recall done, they did mention that both valve cover gaskets could be replaced. In my experience, BMW dealers say that about every car, and I have trust issues with dealerships. I took it home and took everything apart, and didn't see much of anything. A couple drops of oil, but nothing that screamed replace me now. I actually did order the gasket replacement kit from FCP, but decided to wait after I saw the condition. I was going to do the job myself instead of letting the warranty cover it, because like I said, stealership trust issues

For transparency sake, I will go ahead and get these gaskets replaced under warranty. I'm def not trying to hide anything, and don't want to screw a fellow enthusiast. I assume potential buyers would rather have them do it than me since, you know, who am I

I just called the dealership and my service guy isn't back until Wednesday. I don't know how quickly I can make an appointment, but I'll keep the thread updated. I'll ask how much for a PPI to be done, so if anyone wants that to happen while it's in for service, you'll have that information.

Any other questions in the meantime, just let me know.
Appreciate 1
MikeyDawg210.00
      01-07-2019, 03:11 PM   #6
wyatth
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E90 ZCP

Jesus that thing looks great. Sweet deal, too.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2019, 07:51 PM   #7
thebeej21
Rep

Just an update, I made the appointment to get the valve cover gaskets replaced on Monday. I've asked them to see what else they can find while they're in there that I can get covered with the same warranty claim . Should only take them a couple days.

The dealership does not do PPI's however, so if someone wants that done, we'll have to find a different shop around me. I'm on the southwest side of Houston, TX.
Appreciate 1
      01-15-2019, 12:38 AM   #8
socrates42
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 08 M3 Sedan / 04 WRX

nice car! yes make sure you get everything done via the warranty before the sale, it will help the next buyer out
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2019, 11:01 PM   #9
thebeej21
Rep

Finally got my car back. Valve cover gaskets were replaced along with spark plug tubes and some orings and bolts. After inspecting the suspension parts, they found that the thrust control arm bushing were torn and were replaced. A four wheel alignment was done as well. On the test drive, they noticed a slight rough idle, and ended up replacing the coil pack in cylinder 1 due to an “internal electric short causing a misfire”.

I’ll have to drive it some more to make sure they didn’t screw anything up, but so far she’s running great. That’s $2500 (dealer prices of course) worth of maitenance/repairs out of the way for the next owner, all covered under warranty (Seriously, anyone looking for extended warranty, try to find an Easycare dealer. They’re awesome).
Appreciate 1
CSBM52721.00
      01-19-2019, 08:27 PM   #10
HolyChitMeng
Captain
Philippines
Rep
Drives: 2009 E93 M3

Garage List
2008 E90 M3  [0.00]
1995 BMW M3  [0.00]
2004 BMW M3  [0.00]
2011 BMW 335xi  [0.00]
2011 BMW 335is  [0.00]
2009 BMW M3  [0.00]
This is sick, I would be buying this right now if you were local!
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2019, 09:01 AM   #11
thebeej21
Rep

Sale Pending...
Appreciate 0