BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

01-21-2019, 07:42 AM   #2971
cmyx6go
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 X6///M Comp

Garage List
2019 X6 ///M  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Now_Rudi View Post
What happened to Herdalum???
His last activity shows at 10:30ish last night. Not sure what happened, user name and location all changed to ********
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2019, 07:47 AM   #2972
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmyx6go View Post
His last activity shows at 10:30ish last night. Not sure what happened, user name and location all changed to ********
Strange. Speaking of MIA members what has happened to Kyngofpop ?
Appreciate 1
      01-21-2019, 11:51 AM   #2973
nyalpine90
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: MY24 G01 AW Msport

Garage List
2016 BMW X4  [9.33]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyngofpop View Post
I'm still around. Been having major car troubles and after my long battle with this car, my engine apparently died last night so I'm just kind of in a state of shock atm and trying to figure out what to do...
how much is replacement engine...
is it repairable?
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2019, 12:23 PM   #2974
nyalpine90
Lieutenant General
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW X4  [9.33]
Quote:
Dealer is saying a replacement engine is like $12k but I haven't checked other sources yet, just kind of in a shoulder shrug of "idk wtf to do" at the moment.

It developed a slight rod bearing knock but I shut it off as soon as I heard it and haven't touched it since. I'm sure it can be saved but I don't know any bmw techs in my area and the usual bmw shop I take it to is certain to want to replace the engine instead of trying to repair it. It's only a slight noise but it's one I've heard before and read about with the N63 and S63. I'm absolutely heartbroken...
i think its time to trade that car in...
Appreciate 4
Kyngofpop676.00
MKSixer34171.50
wrickem2101.00
      01-21-2019, 12:30 PM   #2975
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
Dealer is saying a replacement engine is like $12k but I haven't checked other sources yet, just kind of in a shoulder shrug of "idk wtf to do" at the moment.

It developed a slight rod bearing knock but I shut it off as soon as I heard it and haven't touched it since. I'm sure it can be saved but I don't know any bmw techs in my area and the usual bmw shop I take it to is certain to want to replace the engine instead of trying to repair it. It's only a slight noise but it's one I've heard before and read about with the N63 and S63. I'm absolutely heartbroken...
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyalpine90 View Post
i think its time to trade that car in...
i know a guy who knows a guy...
Sir 7ewis, 7X FIA Formula One World Championship, World Driving Champion. 100 Wins. 101 Pole Positions. 54 Fastest Laps. Actual Rain Master. Leave me to it, Bono. One Race Win in each of his 15 years in F1. Most Laps Led in Formula One. The Centurion.
Appreciate 2
wrickem2101.00
      01-22-2019, 01:55 PM   #2976
Turkish Pickle
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 330i xDrive

Garage List
i can source you a N47 diesel engine for $4k+shipping if you want to lose a lot of power and look for diesel everywhere you go
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2019, 07:55 AM   #2977
CTinline-six
Hoonigan
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 328i, '98 Wrangler

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayerische Motoren Werke View Post
i can source you a N47 diesel engine for $4k+shipping if you want to lose a lot of power and look for diesel everywhere you go
Sounds perfect.

Isn't that the one that has timing chain problems too?

-Dr. Ian Malcolm, Jurassic Park
Appreciate 1
      01-23-2019, 10:16 PM   #2978
Turkish Pickle
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
how to evict roommate?

my roommate cockblocked me tonight saying "it's for the better" because i brought home a girl that was a bit on the thicc side and i've been a total horndog these last few days
Appreciate 2
King Rudi13152.00
      01-23-2019, 11:32 PM   #2979
someguywithanm3
Private
Rep
Drives: E92

Got some from "Netflix and chill" recently, but I feel bad because she was/is a good friend. Sucks that she's pretty and has a nice body. I liked talking to her for hours at a time. I most likely destroyed that friendship.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2019, 07:34 AM   #2980
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
my roommate cockblocked me tonight saying "it's for the better" because i brought home a girl that was a bit on the thicc side and i've been a total horndog these last few days
First, who is he to determine who/what you have relations with? I've been with a few thick girls and nothing at all wrong with it. Second, I would have a conversations with said roommate to abolish aforementioned cockblockery to ensure this never happens again.
Appreciate 1
Kyngofpop676.00
      01-24-2019, 07:37 AM   #2981
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by someguywithanm3 View Post
Got some from "Netflix and chill" recently, but I feel bad because she was/is a good friend. Sucks that she's pretty and has a nice body. I liked talking to her for hours at a time. I most likely destroyed that friendship.
Maybe not. Sometimes these are the situations that great relationships are made of. I get the feeling that she didn't do anything that she didn't want to. If you were great friends before, this may be something worth exploring. I wouldn't go further with this feeling bad about it, I would try to move forward. If you have great conversation, she's pretty and has a nice body, I would definitely try to keep the momentum going.

How is she acting after?
Appreciate 3
MKSixer34171.50
      01-24-2019, 07:51 AM   #2982
CTinline-six
Hoonigan
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Maybe not. Sometimes these are the situations that great relationships are made of. I get the feeling that she didn't do anything that she didn't want to. If you were great friends before, this may be something worth exploring. I wouldn't go further with this feeling bad about it, I would try to move forward. If you have great conversation, she's pretty and has a nice body, I would definitely try to keep the momentum going.

How is she acting after?
This. You may not have destroyed a friendship, but instead created the potential for a relationship. My best relationship was with someone I was friends with first.

Also, congrats on escaping the friendzone my man.

Appreciate 2
King Rudi13152.00
MKSixer34171.50
      01-24-2019, 07:53 AM   #2983
CTinline-six
Hoonigan
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
HMM.

I mean there is a difference between thick and YUGE. Sounds like we need more details (pictures) to assess the roommate's intentions.

Appreciate 3
King Rudi13152.00
nyalpine907380.00
      01-24-2019, 08:48 AM   #2984
Joekerr
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

Quote:
Quote:

How is she acting after?
The "how is she acting after" is the key here.

I'll present a counterpoint (regrettably, one that supports your notion that you just ruined that friendship) - one of my wife's colleagues (woman) was best friends for years with this guy, talked for hours, etc. Just about 5 months ago, they were skiing out in Banff or Whistler and things progressed and they wound up (in Bill Clinton's voice preferably) "having sexual relations".

It wound up destroying the friendship, he initially wanted to keep going with the new aspect of the relationship, she said it wasn't what she wanted, then he wanted to just be friends, but she couldn't see that either given what happened, so basically, they are no more.

But the key here is how she acted.

And so you need to really figure out how this friend is acting. Really fast.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2019, 09:47 AM   #2985
someguywithanm3
Private
Rep
Drives: E92

Quote:

How is she acting after?
She feels bad about it. She doesn't want me to think of her as a slut. She also gave me the whole, "you're a good friend and I'm sorry if I hurt you." I'm avoiding her and she's reaching out to me to hang out.

I'm giving her time to think, but I feel I messed this up. I guess time will tell. I do regret it, but I couldn't maintain a simple relationship with her anyway. Too bad she's not ugly. I enjoyed talking to her.
Appreciate 1
      01-24-2019, 10:09 AM   #2986
CTinline-six
Hoonigan
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
She feels bad about it. She doesn't want me to think of her as a slut. She also gave me the whole, "you're a good friend and I'm sorry if I hurt you." I'm avoiding her and she's reaching out to me to hang out.

I'm giving her time to think, but I feel I messed this up. I guess time will tell. I do regret it, but I couldn't maintain a simple relationship with her anyway. Too bad she's not ugly. I enjoyed talking to her.
That's what sluts say.

Sorry man, I wouldn't say you messed it up. She should've stopped you and said no if she knew that's not what she wanted. A true friend would have.

Appreciate 2
      01-24-2019, 10:29 AM   #2987
nyalpine90
Lieutenant General
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW X4  [9.33]
Quote:

I dont see a problem
if she still wants to hang out obviously she is ok with getting the d.
Appreciate 2
King Rudi13152.00
      01-24-2019, 10:47 AM   #2988
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyalpine90 View Post
I dont see a problem
if she still wants to hang out obviously she is ok with getting the d.
This is my thought. If it were me I would without a doubt take her up on spending some time together. Just my opinion.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2019, 10:52 AM   #2989
AWF10M5
Banned
Rep
Drives: f10 m5

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWF10M5 View Post
I was in my first serious (to me) relationship for a long time for many many years since I was 18, I am now 24 and I still have not moved on.

I have been with so many different girls the last few months to move on that I lost count. I try to be emerged in hobbies and interests but it seems I am still stuck. The cycle goes that within a few weeks I lose interest in whatever girl I am fucking/talking to and I end up back at a square one after ghosting them. Been going on for a year now.

I even wasted some time and money on the pros who told me that a heartbreak at this age is very unique/personal and sometimes it takes years and years to finally move on if that even happens.
The boat keeps sinking deeper and deeper and no matter how hard I try to get out I sink deeper.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2019, 10:57 AM   #2990
Germanauto
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alfa Romeo Giulia, Rosso

Got flaked on for 3 separate dates within the past week.

Being a millennial sucks sometimes! There's an entire generation of people who don't know the meaning of commitment/remaining true to their word. Texting and social media makes it very convenient to be selfish.
Appreciate 4
King Rudi13152.00
nyalpine907380.00
      01-24-2019, 11:06 AM   #2991
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto View Post

Being a millennial sucks sometimes! There's an entire generation of people who don't know the meaning of commitment/remaining true to their word. Texting and social media makes it very convenient to be selfish.
I'm sad to report that this is not limited to millennials. This has become the societal norm these days. A persons loyalty is directly associated with their need of what they think you can offer them.
Appreciate 2
kscarrol8775.50
      01-24-2019, 11:13 AM   #2992
Turkish Pickle
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
First, who is he to determine who/what you have relations with? I've been with a few thick girls and nothing at all wrong with it. Second, I would have a conversations with said roommate to abolish aforementioned cockblockery to ensure this never happens again.
don't worry, i told him wtf bro that's not chill, he still stuck by it.
next time i'm just going to bring someone over i won't even text him, let him wallow in his jealousy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTinline-six View Post
HMM.

I mean there is a difference between thick and YUGE. Sounds like we need more details (pictures) to assess the roommate's intentions.
i mean yes, there is a difference between a thicc girl and a "YUGE", but no worries your boy did not require the use of a harpoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto View Post

MILENNIALS ARE KILLING THE DATING SCENE

also, my guy with the "we were friends but we had sex", it happens - if she's still hitting you up to chill she's fine, i'd say keep it at that and turn that friendship into a friends with benefits

im in a similar situation myself, we've been "spotted" by a few of my friends at the mall and target etc and honestly? it's nice to have a "girlfriend" without the label, at least until she hits me with the "what are we" question... until then
Appreciate 2
King Rudi13152.00