BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

Mporium BMW

07-12-2015, 12:02 PM   #375
SVH
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 328i & 2011-e93 TT

Quote:
Originally Posted by leigh View Post
Everyone one of the stage 3 cars they did were talked up even said clutches were slipping on the dyno then just dissappear doesnt that tell you anything look at sticky lol
So let me get this right. Your saying Gintani has more problems then everyone knows, except you of course, so you can say what you say and we can all take your word on it. Your just not guessing, you actually know. Can you tell us how many stage 3 cars they have done? Do you really know? Or like most are you just talk?
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2015, 07:47 PM   #376
whats77inaname
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: when at all possible

Quote:
Everyone one of the stage 3 cars they did were talked up even said clutches were slipping on the dyno then just dissappear doesnt that tell you anything look at sticky lol
Like I said, you might want to talk to them. 8K3 actually rode in the car, and had nothing bad to report.

And all it really tells me is that so many people talked shit about this setup, they got tired of hearing about it. From what I understand, it's pricier than what they were going for, but fully functional. Had I not purchased land at the beginning of the year, I would've shipped my car for this upgrade.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2015, 10:17 PM   #377
OM VT3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 e92 zcp m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVH View Post
So let me get this right. Your saying Gintani has more problems then everyone knows, except you of course, so you can say what you say and we can all take your word on it. Your just not guessing, you actually know. Can you tell us how many stage 3 cars they have done? Do you really know? Or like most are you just talk?
I know one person had 3 built motors fail who knows how many motors they have put in stickys car and have failed the list can go on. Anyone can pretend like they know what there doing over the phone i like to look at builds that last they fail to have any
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2015, 08:01 AM   #378
SVH
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 328i & 2011-e93 TT

Quote:
I know one person had 3 built motors fail who knows how many motors they have put in stickys car and have failed the list can go on. Anyone can pretend like they know what there doing over the phone i like to look at builds that last they fail to have any

So, according to you, Gintani has never built a stage 3 motor that lasted. Can you be more specific, like are they NA or SC? There are plenty of NA strokers out there that seem fine. Some are members on this form. And again, do you know how many Stage 3's Gintani has built in total? Not how many have failed. We all know of stories of failers and learning curves. And as for sticky's car, that engine(s)(?) pushed the limits, and yes, at those levels, there may/will be problems. Other companys have had problems too SCing strokers. Nevertheless if all Gintani built Stage 3 motors fail, as you imply, they would have been out of business lomg ago. People like Paul Walker (RIP) would never had gone back to them.

Like any other piece of hardware, if you push too hard things will break. In my opinion with the Gintani TT there may be torque issues on a stock transmission but if you don't push the boost too high the engine will be fine, stage 3 or stock.
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2015, 11:43 AM   #379
jeff@autocouture
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: 2002 E53 X5 4.6is

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVH View Post
So, according to you, Gintani has never built a stage 3 motor that lasted. Can you be more specific, like are they NA or SC? There are plenty of NA strokers out there that seem fine. Some are members on this form. And again, do you know how many Stage 3's Gintani has built in total? Not how many have failed. We all know of stories of failers and learning curves. And as for sticky's car, that engine(s)(?) pushed the limits, and yes, at those levels, there may/will be problems. Other companys have had problems too SCing strokers. Nevertheless if all Gintani built Stage 3 motors fail, as you imply, they would have been out of business lomg ago. People like Paul Walker (RIP) would never had gone back to them.

Like any other piece of hardware, if you push too hard things will break. In my opinion with the Gintani TT there may be torque issues on a stock transmission but if you don't push the boost too high the engine will be fine, stage 3 or stock.
Quote:
Originally Posted by whats77inaname View Post
Like I said, you might want to talk to them. 8K3 actually rode in the car, and had nothing bad to report.

And all it really tells me is that so many people talked shit about this setup, they got tired of hearing about it. From what I understand, it's pricier than what they were going for, but fully functional. Had I not purchased land at the beginning of the year, I would've shipped my car for this upgrade.

The biggest issue with this thread is that Charles started it, Charles no longer works there and hasn't in a while. Hence why nobody has updated this thread.

While I'm sure Leigh has no intention of wanting or buying such a kit, a few more cars are being lined up for this project.
Appreciate 1
      07-13-2015, 12:42 PM   #380
Lucrecio84
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: TTE92 m3/ F10 CP M5

Quote:
I know of one personally that is built stage 3 pushing 10 lbs of boost that runs like a champ.

GINTANI TWIN TURBO E92/F10 M5
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2015, 02:30 PM   #381
bradleyland
TIM YOYO
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3

Garage List
I can kind of see both sides of the matter here. On one hand, if you're going to engage in social media outlets like web forums, you have to be prepared to remain engaged. Otherwise, you risk the appearance of being an unresponsive shop. That doesn't mean that no one will buy the kit, but you're a fool of a businessman if you don't believe that will scare some potential buyers off. Even in the very high-end of the market, people do research. They may not see this thread, but the impression it creates in the community will be mixed.

On the other hand, there's a lot of needless negativity posted in forums, and sometimes the only way to win is to not play the game.

Ultimately, it's up to Gintani how they choose to communicate to customers, but you don't need to be in the market for the kit to have an opinion about the company, and bad impressions have a tendency to spread quickly.
Past: 2010 135i - TiAg Coral Red 6MT ///M-Sport
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2015, 03:00 PM   #382
8k3
Banned
Rep
Drives: Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex@AUTOcouture View Post
The biggest issue with this thread is that Charles started it, Charles no longer works there and hasn't in a while. Hence why nobody has updated this thread.

While I'm sure Leigh has no intention of wanting or buying such a kit, a few more cars are being lined up for this project.
Alex, it's not fair to lay blame on Charles, he did not post those without authorization. That said, Gintani is a relatively small shop with many projects and it's at their discretion to release info when they see if. I've stated many times the development car runs and runs incredibly well (the thing was a beast). My only gripe was not stating whether this will see production or not, it seems it will. Best of luck to Alex and his brother at Gintani
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2015, 11:37 AM   #383
jeff@autocouture
Rep

Quote:
Thats right im going vt3
and you will love it, the VT3 is an awesome setup
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2015, 11:41 AM   #384
jeff@autocouture
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by leigh
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex@AUTOcouture View Post
and you will love it, the VT3 is an awesome setup
Are you now posting for gintani
No,
Just shedding some light on the turbo kit as we are currently installing one
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2015, 11:49 AM   #385
s85e90
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: black e90

Autocouture seems to be sharing space with Gintani now so not surprised to see them in here cheerleading now.
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2015, 01:13 PM   #386
Sal@AUTOcouture
Rep

Drives: M760xi

Quote:
Thats right im going vt3
Badass for sure. Keeping it 4.0 or going for a stroker as well? VT2 is fun, but VT3 is a whole other beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by s85e90 View Post
Autocouture seems to be sharing space with Gintani now so not surprised to see them in here cheerleading now.
rah rah sis boom bah
Appreciate 1
Patrón543.00
      07-15-2015, 06:18 PM   #387
Sal@AUTOcouture
Rep

Drives: M760xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by OM VT3 View Post
4.5 with 9.5 to 1 CR
Shaweet! Who's building the motor for you?
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2017, 09:12 PM   #388
kerkiraios00
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '18 F80 MW M3

Is acm in nj doing the installs?
Appreciate 0