BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

10-16-2021, 03:12 PM   #1
ninchh09
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 E92 LCI

BMW E92 M3 DCT transmission adaptation not possible

Hello, dear m3 forum members,

i have a technical question, for all of you who have experiences with DCT gearbox replacement.

I own BMW M3 DCT 11' with faulty mehatronics so i decided to replace my gearbox with new but used. I found used DCT gearbox in very good condition, but when we plugged it to my car it doesnt give any signal - it looks like my car doesnt recognize it, because this new gearbox is from another car (with different vin number).

We tried to make a clone of software from my original gearbox and put it to new gearbox but it's the same - no signal when we plug new gearbox to my car.

Are these DCT gearboxes even possible to clone and put used DCT to another M3 e92? How to enable my car to adapt new DCT gearbox?

If anyone has any experiences please share it with me.

Thank you!

Last edited by ninchh09; 10-16-2021 at 03:48 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2021, 03:31 PM   #2
Scrippy
Lord Scrip
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 Coupe

Garage List
  [0.00]
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Do you have INPA, WinKFP or ISTA? It would still show up in the ECU list when you read if it's hooked up properly. You could reflash your VIN in at that point. If it doesn't even show up I would suspect it's not wired correctly or working at all. Are you receiving power at the plug to the mech? I have never replaced a DCT so maybe my thoughts aren't worth much here, just trying to help.
      10-16-2021, 03:39 PM   #3
ninchh09
Registered
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrippy View Post
Do you have INPA, WinKFP or ISTA? It would still show up in the ECU list when you read if it's hooked up properly. You could reflash your VIN in at that point. If it doesn't even show up I would suspect it's not wired correctly or working at all. Are you receiving power at the plug to the mech? I have never replaced a DCT so maybe my thoughts aren't worth much here, just trying to help.
Dear Scrippy,
it doesnt even show up. It looks like no power.
We tried with 2 used DCT, but the result is the same - when we plug it to my car no signal. Not possible to adapt another DCT to my car. It looks like the car has some kind of ingnition block when trying to adapt another DCT (from other VIN), it only works with my original DCT.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2021, 12:33 AM   #4
Scrippy
Lord Scrip
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 Coupe

Garage List
  [0.00]
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninchh09 View Post
Quote:
Dear Scrippy,
it doesnt even show up. It looks like no power.
We tried with 2 used DCT, but the result is the same - when we plug it to my car no signal. Not possible to adapt another DCT to my car. It looks like the car has some kind of ingnition block when trying to adapt another DCT (from other VIN), it only works with my original DCT.
Same part number?
      10-17-2021, 02:33 AM   #5
ninchh09
Registered
Rep

Quote:
Same part number?
As far as i know, DCT on M3 E92 is the same from 2007-2013. It's GS7D36SG 7-speed.
Appreciate 0