BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > Australia

BPM

11-13-2013, 03:52 PM   #1
///Msports180
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: F80 C63

Western Australia- Workshops for Servicing/repairs etc

Hi Gents,

My names Neil, new to the forum, live in Bunbury WA, i have been reading as much as i can as im looking to purchase a used M3 early next year. This forum is such an awesome source of info and idea's.

I have come from a back ground of mainly jap turbo car's with my current skyline making 380rwhp and being a ball to drive on the track (Been racing club level for 10+years). How ever im getting a little older and thinking i deserve to buy myself the car ive longed for since i first saw one in 2007 at the Perth Auto expo, coincidentally when we saw the wife's dream car the R36 Passat wagon, she's got her's so its time for mine!

Im just after some workshops that people recomend for servicing and general repairs on these so i can start ringing around to get some idea's on yearly running costs etc and to find someone trust worrthy to do an inspection when i find the right one.

Hope i can eventually meet some members and have some fun on the track with these awesome car's. I have only driven a manual so far and am very impressed with the balance, the power is beautiful and linear and the noise is like angels singing.

Anyway enough of that im off home as have just finished a night shift!

Thanks.
      11-14-2013, 04:54 AM   #2
Kosta1968
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 G80 Competition

Garage List
2019 BMW F87 M2  [10.00]
bm-autohaus speak to the owner Rubin Sadique
www.bm-autohaus.com.au

2019 F87 M2 Competition
2021 G80 M3 Competition (sold)
2010 E90 M3 Competition (sold)
1995 E36 M3 (sold)
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2013, 03:34 PM   #3
DaveDee
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW X5M Comp

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Msports180 View Post
Hi Gents,

My names Neil, new to the forum, live in Bunbury WA, i have been reading as much as i can as im looking to purchase a used M3 early next year. This forum is such an awesome source of info and idea's.

I have come from a back ground of mainly jap turbo car's with my current skyline making 380rwhp and being a ball to drive on the track (Been racing club level for 10+years). How ever im getting a little older and thinking i deserve to buy myself the car ive longed for since i first saw one in 2007 at the Perth Auto expo, coincidentally when we saw the wife's dream car the R36 Passat wagon, she's got her's so its time for mine!

Im just after some workshops that people recomend for servicing and general repairs on these so i can start ringing around to get some idea's on yearly running costs etc and to find someone trust worrthy to do an inspection when i find the right one.

Hope i can eventually meet some members and have some fun on the track with these awesome car's. I have only driven a manual so far and am very impressed with the balance, the power is beautiful and linear and the noise is like angels singing.

Anyway enough of that im off home as have just finished a night shift!

Thanks.
You will find a good active member in WA in aussiem3 . He has great local knowledge and knows what's what in WA

A handy website http://mfans2.com/ which is a good site for proper part numbers and descriptions

A good supplier for parts overseas: http://www.ecstuning.com/Search/13417838024/

I also have a Facebook group for M3 owners and friends,

https://www.facebook.com/groups/m3group.events where there are lots of photos, events, track days etc. Feel free to join if you like but our track days are a bit far. It's a car you will never regret owning and I can say sincerley that after 3 years of owing mine I still like it more every time I see it
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2013, 05:01 PM   #4
aussiem3
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: Goggomobil

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by CON G View Post
bm-autohaus speak to the owner Rubin Sadique
www.bm-autohaus.com.au
Please keep away from Rubin if you value your car. There are good workshops like BM-Tecknics (Andrew), Swiss Motors in Osborne Park, to name a couple. Doesn't matter what happens to your car please don't take it to Rubin.
      11-14-2013, 05:02 PM   #5
aussiem3
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: Goggomobil

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDee View Post
You will find a good active member in WA in aussiem3
Thanks Dave.
      11-15-2013, 01:01 AM   #6
Dzenko
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: M4 Competition LCI

There are a few places scattered around Malaga (Perth's Northern suburb) that provide satisfactory services, having said that, I think BM tecknics and Euro Engine come highly recommended by many people.
A few years back I have used BM tecknics for a suspension tweak on my e46. They did a great job but I got to admit that at that time I was there weren't too many e92 M3s coming to their workshop. Mind you this should not be an indicator as my car was there for a few days only. A m3 could have rolled in the day I drove mine out?!?

Otherwise I recommend you use Westcoast BMW for the authentic stuff.... Top service and the blokes make you think that they really go out of their way to get the best for your car. Loan car provided to you at no cost each time...

As far as running costs are concerned, please let us know what you are particularly interested in?

Insurance will cost you $1500 through aimee.
Fuel you will get around 400km per tank (depending on how hard you drive) at $1.60 per litre for your 98 or 100 octane you can work out how much you will spend.

The car in itself is immaculate and with a history of Japanese cars myself, I find that I don't have that non stop craving for revving that I used to have driving a Nissan. Not sure about you but this car gives you a whole new satisfaction in many other ways unlike just the sound of a blow off valve.

Good luck with everything and keep us posted.
Remember when you are buying from interstate that stamp duty will be charged to you once you transfer the vehicle over. Stamp duty is 6.5%, you will need a days permit to drive it to the pits. Pits are around 100bux. If you are buying the car from a private owner have an independent inspection done before hand (380bux). If you are buying from a dealership you are welcome to save money there but you would be accepting the risk that there could be something that they are not saying.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2013, 04:17 AM   #7
///Msports180
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: F80 C63

Thanks for the replies guys, much appreciated.

DaveDee cheer's for the links!

I have heard good reports about the guys at BM Tecknic's. I'll give them a ring, just regarding servicing etc, i normally do my own servicing on my own vehicle's (Not the wife's, not worth it haha) but for this car i think it deserves the right attention. I am planning some basic mods so i'll talk to them about that to.

Insurance etc isnt a problem i have never had a crash, loss of license etc and get a good discount with HBF as my work has a corporate deal with them.

Fuel costs dont really matter as the car will be only a toy, i use my patrol to drive to work etc. My Skyline the fuel usage is similar anyway.

As its a rather expensive car i think i'd prefer to purchase through a dealer and pay for a warranty, interstate doesn't bother me, we purchased the wife's R36 from NSW and saved nearly 15k! its crazy what we pay over here.

Thanks again guys!
      11-18-2013, 09:42 PM   #8
DeanoG
Rep
Drives: MMM

Ive used Stokes & Renk in Subiaco for standard log-book servicing on my M, and they have been good so far.

Did what was needed, called me to consult on any extras, and picked up a few little things during their inspection.
Appreciate 0