BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Wash, Wax, Detail, Cosmetic Maintenance & Repairs

Mporium BMW

01-09-2022, 12:09 PM   #1
drwankel
Major
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 M3 ZCP, 2021 M340i

Reccomend me a pressure washer

I have always had detail shops wash my car, due to living in apartments and not having a place to wash the car.

Bought a house a couple of years ago, and now can wash the car in the driveway.

I'd like to get a pressure washer to aid in washing and also to use a foam cannon.

Can someone recommend a pressure washer that will do the job well? From what I've gathered it should be between 1200-1900 psi

I'm looking for something electric that is small as I don't have alot of storage space. Not really going to use it for anything other than car washing. Any recommendations?
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2022, 12:17 PM   #2
atranho
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 12' ZCP AW M3 - GONE

Karcher cube for size and portability.
Appreciate 1
drwankel1031.50
      01-09-2022, 12:19 PM   #3
DRLane
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Garage List
2008 m3  [6.63]
That wall mounted Comet Static is the best option if you can stomach $500.

Having it positioned to be quickly accessible is everything to actually using it regularly. Schlepping out some system that requires 15 mins of hose unraveling, assembly, and moving the compressor sucks.
      01-09-2022, 06:59 PM   #4
Frozen
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Frozen Red e92 ZCP

I got the kranzle from obsessed garage. Pricey but worth it.
Appreciate 1
drwankel1031.50
      01-09-2022, 07:58 PM   #5
roastbeef
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

bite the bullet and get the kranzle with the auto shut-off. you can wash your car and its not loud at all, plus it shuts off automatically when you aren't pulling the trigger. really the best there is for weekend washers like us.
i know it sounds ridiculous on paper, but less noise and hassle means a more pleasant wash with your car.
https://www.obsessedgarage.com/colle...ressure-washer
drwankel1031.50
      01-17-2022, 02:59 PM   #6
e92BMW///M3
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e92 M3

I usually fall in the 'you get what you pay for' camp, but I bought a $100 Ryobi electric pressure washer (1800 PSI I think?). I did 'upgrade' it with all high pressure quick connections ($20) and a better high pressure hose ($50) (both from amazon) that allows me to quickly wind/unwind the hose and also a gun/wand from MTM ($60? was a sale item).

For less than $250 I have a setup that can be set up / put away in under 5 minutes and as someone else mentioned, you only hear the compressor while the water is flowing. If I were to do it again, I think I would want a bit more water flow (the GPM) compared to what I have, but all in all it is a serviceable setup for my purposes.
      01-19-2022, 09:06 AM   #7
m3mirth
Rep
Drives: BMW E46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by roastbeef View Post
bite the bullet and get the kranzle with the auto shut-off. you can wash your car and its not loud at all, plus it shuts off automatically when you aren't pulling the trigger. really the best there is for weekend washers like us.
i know it sounds ridiculous on paper, but less noise and hassle means a more pleasant wash with your car.
https://www.obsessedgarage.com/colle...ressure-washer
Hi OP,

Unless money isn't an issue, personally if you aren't a professional detailer/youtuber, you probably don't need the kranzle. You can probably just get the sun joe something like this https://www.amazon.com/Sun-Joe-SPX30...39&sr=8-4&th=1 . I personally use the sun joe and have been for years and it works perfectly fine with my foam canon gun from mtm (bought separate and attached to the sun joe spray gun). Depending on what sun joe model you get, it is like 6x cheaper than the kranzle but I highly doubt it's 6x better...This is with 0 research on the kranzle but it's hard to imagine that it's worth the price hike. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think you need something that expensive, the noise from the sunjoe is very tolerable imo. It also doesn't run or make noise when not using the gun.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2022, 04:51 PM   #8
BSM n54iS
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '11 335is | '16 Macan Turbo

I've got these 2 items in my cart rn waiting to buy a house. From what I saw this is much better than the Sun Joe if not going all out for the Kranzle

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...TXKQ1A1S&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...WIBJGZ9N&psc=1
GruppeM CF Intake | AR Resonated DP | ER CP | Turbosmart RacePort BOV | Cobb FMIC | RB Inlets | RB External Mishi/Turner OCC | Michelin PS4 | BMW Performance Springs/Bilstein B8 + Dinan & M3 bits | BMW Brembo BBK | BMW Performance CF Spoiler | BMW Performance CF Lip | BMW Performance Alcantara | PS Designs GTS Armrest | AG H6-40 | Rear Seat Delete
Appreciate 0