BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Coding / ConnectedDrive / Audio-Video / Electronics / Bluetooth / I-Drive & Nav

07-09-2017, 12:59 PM   #1
nycplumber
Major
Rep
Drives: slow

Bluetooth skipping: FIXED

I've been getting issues with my Bluetooth on my 11 e92 m3. It will connect just fine and might even play music without interuption for a short while but eventually starts cutting out/skipping. Im wondering if its the antenna and how exactly would i troubleshoot or fix it. Thanks.

Last edited by nycplumber; 07-17-2017 at 12:20 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2017, 10:51 AM   #2
bgalex
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46 M3, E90 M3, F10 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycplumber View Post
I've been getting issues with my Bluetooth on my 11 e92 m3. It will connect just fine and might even play music without interuption for a short while but eventually starts cutting out/skipping. Im wondering if its the antenna and how exactly would i troubleshoot or fix it. Thanks.
I noticed it too on my '11 e90 zcp and then sometimes stutters i noticed this after i updated the bluetooth software through bmw site last year. I always need to disconnect and then reconnect in order to go away..

Not sure why it's frustrating sometimes
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2017, 02:17 PM   #3
nycplumber
Major
Rep

Maybe I need to update my software. Its definitely bad enough that it renders Bluetooth useless and frustrating is exactly the word.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2017, 12:19 PM   #4
nycplumber
Major
Rep

SOLVED: The wire that gets plugged into the antenna under the driver foot well was disconnected. Magically it still connected 75% of the time and could sometimes play music
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2017, 07:51 AM   #5
Teufel_Hunden
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3 6MT LMB ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycplumber
SOLVED: The wire that gets plugged into the antenna under the driver foot well was disconnected. Magically it still connected 75% of the time and could sometimes play music
Do you have a picture of this? Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2017, 11:11 AM   #6
nycplumber
Major
Rep

I don't but Pm me your phone number. Ill take a pic and text it to you. This site is terrible for uploading pictures.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2017, 08:20 AM   #7
Teufel_Hunden
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3 6MT LMB ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycplumber
I don't but Pm me your phone number. Ill take a pic and text it to you. This site is terrible for uploading pictures.
pm'd
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2022, 11:26 AM   #8
perry_dg
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 Mineral White E92 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycplumber View Post
I know this is bringing back an old thread, but I'm interested in pictures of where this wire is as well. I just picked up a '13 E92 M3 maybe 2 weeks ago now and at first I wasn't having this issue. As of the last 2 days and this morning I am.

I usually play music off a streaming app like soundcloud or spotify and whenever the audio stops, I've confirmed it is not my phone or the app, and when the audio does come back it is not from the same second or section in the song where it paused, it resumes back however many seconds has passed.

The pauses of no audio vary, sometimes 2-3 seconds, sometimes closer to 10, etc. And the rate at which the pausing occurs is also varied.

nycplumber I will PM you right now, thanks!
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2022, 12:07 PM   #9
nycplumber
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by perry_dg View Post
I know this is bringing back an old thread, but I'm interested in pictures of where this wire is as well. I just picked up a '13 E92 M3 maybe 2 weeks ago now and at first I wasn't having this issue. As of the last 2 days and this morning I am.

I usually play music off a streaming app like soundcloud or spotify and whenever the audio stops, I've confirmed it is not my phone or the app, and when the audio does come back it is not from the same second or section in the song where it paused, it resumes back however many seconds has passed.

The pauses of no audio vary, sometimes 2-3 seconds, sometimes closer to 10, etc. And the rate at which the pausing occurs is also varied.

nycplumber I will PM you right now, thanks!
Hey I replied to your PM before I saw this. Like I said unfortunately I don't have pictures. But if you open up the footwell area you should be able to locate the module. If you have a hardtime distinguishing them just check that all wires/connectors are fully pushed in.
Appreciate 0