BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

BPM

03-25-2013, 04:30 PM   #45
Ohiobrits
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92 M3

Sorry......that sucks big time..
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2013, 04:56 PM   #46
Jopa201
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2010 gtr

Garage List
2010 GT-R  [0.00]
2010 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by italyix View Post
Found it. I used Appraisal Group of America, spoke to Monica Fisher. I just saw they have some negative reviews online which is puzzling seeing how I had amazing service with multiple phone calls and quick turnaround time from the time the claim was submitted to when i got my check.

let me know if you want to see the report as well, I can email it to you.
Can you? I just wanna see what it looks like.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2013, 05:37 PM   #47
Jopa201
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
2010 GT-R  [0.00]
2010 M3  [0.00]
Thanx italyix that looks like something that would be sufficient. And you said they did everything for and charged you 300 buck because I was thinking lawyers would want more than that
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2013, 05:49 PM   #48
Trip3's
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3

I was going to start a thread on this very subject but I wanted to wait until everything is finalized. Do yourself a favor, check out this website and call the guy. His name is JD, he is about as down to earth as they come and has vast experience in this field. It's a $200 fee for his report, and after talking to him for 10 minutes I would have paid double that. Tell him John M. with the 2009 M3 sent you.

http://www.ican2000.com/

Last edited by Trip3's; 03-25-2013 at 08:22 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2013, 07:13 PM   #49
enigma01
Fight On!
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 M3; g30 530e

Quote:
Originally Posted by italyix View Post
Found it. I used Appraisal Group of America, spoke to Monica Fisher. I just saw they have some negative reviews online which is puzzling seeing how I had amazing service with multiple phone calls and quick turnaround time from the time the claim was submitted to when i got my check.
Simply because it's a crapshoot.

The report represents nothing more than an "expert" opinion of the sustained diminished value. Depending on the state statue and precedents (and luck), some get it while others don't.

There is no magic formula that goes into the report. These so called "experts" aren't licensed or certified by any recognized body. It's just one man's opinion.

You are basically paying someone to put together a nice looking report, but if you go to court, that report (and the "expert" who prepared it) will be challenged, and if the report is all you are counting on, there is a good chance that it'll not survive the trial.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jopa201 View Post
Thanx italyix that looks like something that would be sufficient. And you said they did everything for and charged you 300 buck because I was thinking lawyers would want more than that
That's because a reporting agency will NOT act as your agent to get you the diminished value. They are just preparing a report, which may or may not survive scrutiny and challenges in a court of law. A lawyer, on the other hand, will fight for your money based on your relevant local law and precedents. So, you can't exactly equate a report to what a lawyer does.

The bottom line is: do you want to gamble that the $300 report will be accepted by your insurance company? You may come out ahead... or it could be worth less than the paper it was printed on.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2013, 07:45 PM   #50
Jopa201
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
2010 GT-R  [0.00]
2010 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by enigma01 View Post

The report represents nothing more than an "expert" opinion of the sustained diminished value. Depending on the state statue and precedents (and luck), some get it while others don't.

There is no magic formula that goes into the report. These so called "experts" aren't licensed or certified by any recognized body. It's just one man's opinion.

You are basically paying someone to put together a nice looking report, but if you go to court, that report (and the "expert" who prepared it) will be challenged, and if the report is all you are counting on, there is a good chance that it'll not survive the trial.

That's because a reporting agency will NOT act as your agent to get you the diminished value. They are just preparing a report, which may or may not survive scrutiny and challenges in a court of law. A lawyer, on the other hand, will fight for your money based on your relevant local law and precedents. So, you can't exactly equate a report to what a lawyer does.

The bottom line is: do you want to gamble that the $300 report will be accepted by your insurance company? You may come out ahead... or it could be worth less than the paper it was printed on.
True. well its going in the shop to be appraised then once fixed I will have to find a lawyer if the letter does not make them pay.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2013, 10:50 AM   #51
italyix
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 E90 M3

Quote:
Ur welcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by enigma01 View Post

enigma01, it does depend on the state you are in, and seeing how I am in Cali where everyone LOVES to sue, I think the insurance did not want to escalate it to a lawsuit.

The insurance company of the fault party also said if we wanted to recoup the diminished value money, we would have to provide two appraisals to them. I took the short route (and gambled a bit) and had a third party do one for me, and after discussions over the phone with the company creating the report, I was happy with the results. I do agree with you though that it is a hit or miss, depending on the insurance company and also state ur in (have different laws concerning insurance).

Jopa201, I would see first what the diminished value is estimated at then take it from there. A lawyer might be an option depending on the amount you are asking the insurance.

Much luck though! Please report back with results
      03-26-2013, 11:39 AM   #52
Jopa201
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
2010 GT-R  [0.00]
2010 M3  [0.00]
So just got the estimate from BMW for repair its just under 4k they are going to write me a letter for the diminished value but yo my surprise they believe because its just fender and bumper the diminished value is about 1500. I think that's kinda low when I went on auto trader and did the same thing it showed a difference of 6500 so I'll get a second opinion then I'll have everything ready to present the insurance with
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2013, 02:56 PM   #53
Jopa201
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
2010 GT-R  [0.00]
2010 M3  [0.00]
Here is another update
Just got off the phone with BMW and its going to be another month till I get my car back because they need the paint to dry before they can put on the clear bra

On top of that thy are telling me that the passengers axle is bent and now the car won't balance and they have to check if the insurance is going to pay for that since the impact was on the driver side... My ass the car drove straight it better drive straight when I get it back.
Anyways will post pics when I get it back now all I an do is drive the rental impala that they gave me.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2013, 06:34 PM   #54
swartzentruber
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3

I used this company for a DV claim about 10 years ago, and the insurance company paid without any real pushback, once I sent the report to the person I was working with. https://www.vehicleinfo.com/

I will say I think your expectation on DV may be somewhat high. Based on the damage picture and the repair estimate, 1.5k seems to be in the ballpark, though if you do have axle damage with a higher repair, I'd think DV should go up somewhat as well.
      04-09-2013, 09:56 PM   #55
Jopa201
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
2010 GT-R  [0.00]
2010 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by swartzentruber View Post
I used this company for a DV claim about 10 years ago, and the insurance company paid without any real pushback, once I sent the report to the person I was working with. https://www.vehicleinfo.com/

I will say I think your expectation on DV may be somewhat high. Based on the damage picture and the repair estimate, 1.5k seems to be in the ballpark, though if you do have axle damage with a higher repair, I'd think DV should go up somewhat as well.
I already have a company that I submitted the paperwork to and they are saying anywhere from 2500 to 4000 but thats without the axle damage
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2013, 11:58 AM   #56
Jopa201
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
2010 GT-R  [0.00]
2010 M3  [0.00]
So they just told me the car is done but they want me to wait 30 before they put clear bra. The insurance company wants me to take the car and bring it back in 30 days I don't want to drive the car and get chips with the new paint. How can I fight the insurance on this I want to have the rental till its done
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2013, 08:00 AM   #57
TrevorM3
Banned
Rep
Drives: 6.3 AMG

Quote:
Here is another update
Just got off the phone with BMW and its going to be another month till I get my car back because they need the paint to dry before they can put on the clear bra

On top of that thy are telling me that the passengers axle is bent and now the car won't balance and they have to check if the insurance is going to pay for that since the impact was on the driver side... My ass the car drove straight it better drive straight when I get it back.
Anyways will post pics when I get it back now all I an do is drive the rental impala that they gave me.

Wait, so they painted it, now they need a month for the paint to dry?
I've painted hundreds of cars and while it the paint may not be completely CURED for weeks, you can certainly get your car back. I've never heard of such a thing. I paint one day, finish sand the next, and the customer has the car back the next day.
And they are definitely giving you the run around with the axle, obviously you got smacked on the driver side so the frame and or axle would've been pushed over to the passenger side (depending on speed of impact)

sheesh.

Anyway, best of luck OP, if you have any questions shoot me a pm. I'd be glad to try and answer any questions you may have regarding repairs.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2013, 08:02 AM   #58
Gkap
BMF Movement
Canada
Rep
Drives: Women Crazy

sucks to hear man.

as long as your ok though that is all that matters.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2013, 09:27 PM   #59
Jopa201
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
2010 GT-R  [0.00]
2010 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorM3 View Post
Wait, so they painted it, now they need a month for the paint to dry?
I've painted hundreds of cars and while it the paint may not be completely CURED for weeks, you can certainly get your car back. I've never heard of such a thing. I paint one day, finish sand the next, and the customer has the car back the next day.
And they are definitely giving you the run around with the axle, obviously you got smacked on the driver side so the frame and or axle would've been pushed over to the passenger side (depending on speed of impact)

sheesh.

Anyway, best of luck OP, if you have any questions shoot me a pm. I'd be glad to try and answer any questions you may have regarding repairs.

Not exactly the car is ready but they said they need to wait at least a month before they can put the clear bra on the fresh paint
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2013, 10:25 PM   #60
TrevorM3
Banned
Rep
Drives: 6.3 AMG

Quote:
Not exactly the car is ready but they said they need to wait at least a month before they can put the clear bra on the fresh paint

Yes, i understand what was said. But why can't they just let you at least drive the car in the meantime? 1 month downtime is ridiculous. The paint is fine to drive around with.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2013, 11:35 PM   #61
nujabes24
Forever Rest In Beats
Rep
Drives: 2014 MW M4

dude that is horrible what the f**k, i'm sorry man
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2013, 12:12 AM   #62
Jopa201
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
2010 GT-R  [0.00]
2010 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorM3 View Post
Yes, i understand what was said. But why can't they just let you at least drive the car in the meantime? 1 month downtime is ridiculous. The paint is fine to drive around with.
Probably because they don't want to risk chips in the meantime I guess
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2013, 05:07 PM   #63
TVMA Doc
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3, Jerez Black

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by schnell325 View Post
Holy shit that makes me pissed off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What kind of tires did the SOB have on?
From the looks of things he was driving directly on the wheels.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2013, 03:45 PM   #64
Jopa201
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
2010 GT-R  [0.00]
2010 M3  [0.00]
One more day and I get my car back I can't wait
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2013, 05:51 PM   #65
Jopa201
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
2010 GT-R  [0.00]
2010 M3  [0.00]
Repaired

So today the car was done went to pick it up and I felt like I was buying the car all over again I had chills I was soooo excited.
I get the key and push start and engine light comes on I go back inside tell them about it they say they will have to check it out 30 min later they come back and say its something with engine related and will have to leave it AGAIN for a day or so are you fing me this is bs now I have another rental and who knows what happened maybe somebody was having a joy ride ... It's been over month now
Appreciate 0