BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Coding / ConnectedDrive / Audio-Video / Electronics / Bluetooth / I-Drive & Nav

EXXEL Distributions

01-16-2023, 01:09 PM   #1
Brian617
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

E92 M3 alarm triggered by loud exhaust

I recently picked up a 2011 E92 with a factory alarm. I've noticed at car meets and with my other car with a loud catless exhaust, the M3's alarm is very frequently being set off. Even the trash truck driving by my house with the car in the driveway set off the alarm.

I tried the double lock method to disable the tilt and interior motion sensors and started/revved my car next to the M3 and the alarm didn't go off. I then locked it normal and started my other car and the M3 alarm did go off.

Does anyone know what's causing this sensitivity with the alarm? Since it's not tilt related and if the double lock prevents the alarm from going off, could the interior motion sensor be faulty? Perhaps loud exhausts are causing the slightest of vibrations inside the car that's tripping the sensor?

Is there a way I can simply remove the motion sensor to prevent (or test) the alarm from going off? I don't care about the motion sensor, but would like to keep the tilt sensor active in case someone tries to steal my wheels.

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Brian
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2023, 11:44 PM   #2
Brian617
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Bump - anyone have experience with this? Is there an interior motion sensor I can try removing?
Appreciate 0