BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

European Auto Source (EAS)

07-17-2013, 08:14 AM   #45
advans
Advansolosis
Rep
Drives: ///M+////AMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoweredBy///M View Post
Nope.
boo.....

2011 E90 M3, ESS VT2-650, 2015 GL550
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2013, 09:18 AM   #46
dozaiya
Captain
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: 2011 MW E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoweredBy///M View Post
Same thing. The only difference between the Euro DCT software and US DCT software is that the the car starts off in D2 and remembers your S mode instead of being the other way around. The GTS is equipped with EURO DCT software. I've noticed the car doesn't buck anymore on cold starts.
i thought Euro DCT is different from GTS DCT
even evolve stated they offered 2 variations
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2013, 10:54 AM   #47
dogears
My master volume goes to 11
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M5 Competition

So does the Euro DCT speed up the shifts? Harder and faster?

I'd like that....
      07-17-2013, 12:49 PM   #48
SYZ
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: :O

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogears View Post
So does the Euro DCT speed up the shifts? Harder and faster?

I'd like that....
The DCT transmission software offered here does firm up shifts. Not sure why others are stating otherwise....
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2013, 07:37 PM   #49
BIU
Captain
Rep
Drives: M

This is getting rather confusing..

I was under the impression that the OP was talking about a DCT s/w from the almighty M3 GTS (Which of course is a EURO ver. since the M3 GTS was not brought state side) and that it supposedly has improved / different shifting characterisitics with the DCT s/w from our regular M3s?

I drive a RHD M3 with EURO s/w from factory (My car already starts in D2 and remembers my S settings)... Can anyone confirm that this GTS DCT s/w is in fact a more aggressive s/w than say if I went for an upgrade to the most up-to-date EURO DCT s/w for regular M3s from the dealer?
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2013, 08:13 PM   #50
SYZ
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: :O

Garage List
The software was sold to me as GTS software. You should email Alex to confirm this is what you would be purchasing as well. Another poster claims this is simply "Euro" DCT software, however, unless he also purchased it from Alex and confirmed that it is in fact only "Euro DCT" from another source, I'm not sure how credible his claim is.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2013, 08:30 PM   #51
Leonardo629
Lieutenant Colonel
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3 Coupe

Alex just flashed my car with the GTS DCT software, and according to him, there is the Euro DCT program, and then there's the GTS program, they are different.

S5 mode now shifts very fast and kind of violent, I had to resort to S4 on the drive back from L.A.

Will you feel a difference? Heck yeah, for $60 it's probably the cheapest mod that yields a huge difference.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2013, 09:02 PM   #52
The Automotive Enthusiast
Retired BMW Genius
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Audi S5 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonardo629 View Post
Alex just flashed my car with the GTS DCT software, and according to him, there is the Euro DCT program, and then there's the GTS program, they are different.

S5 mode now shifts very fast and kind of violent, I had to resort to S4 on the drive back from L.A.

Will you feel a difference? Heck yeah, for $60 it's probably the cheapest mod that yields a huge difference.
Interesting. Everything I've read has said they are the same thing.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2013, 09:24 PM   #53
Sales@Evolve
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: Slow

Quote:

Alex is not wrong.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2013, 09:27 PM   #54
Alex@Alpine
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Hey, I generally try to stay away from posting on the forums because everyone on some level has something to say, and you have supposed experts who ruin my day all the time.

The GTS software is not available in the traditional fashion everyone is updating or changing their flash to.

I can assure you there is 4 DCT flashes out there

US spec
Euro Spec starts in S
Euro Spec starts in D2
GTS DCT

You simply tell me what you want, and I do it for you. The GTS file is very rare, but I have been offering it for sometime now, I never ever ask a customer to post a review, that is why you never hear from me, and the second I open my mouth on the forums I have people questioning and attacking me, and people asking me where I got it from. It is not available in the general manner you guys think, and that is why you see people charging upwards of $1000 for it.

You can ask the OP, when he made this post, I thanked him for the feedback, but in a joking manner I told him "oh no you just caused me a very big headache, and pissed off a lot other vendors." You can ask him.

Anyways, I require you purchase coding as that is what I offer, and as an option, you can purchase flashes from me, such as DCT updates, now to you guys the DCT might seem like it's the world, to me it is a service I offer to you at a very reasonable price. Keep in mind guys, I have no other job, this is my living and my full time job, I'm getting loads of emails arguing prices with me, saying I do not want coding, I do not understand how much cheaper I can offer it, it takes time, energy and overhead costs.

Bottom line, there is no gimmicks here.

This is my response, and only response, I hope it helps guys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIU View Post
This is getting rather confusing..

I was under the impression that the OP was talking about a DCT s/w from the almighty M3 GTS (Which of course is a EURO ver. since the M3 GTS was not brought state side) and that it supposedly has improved / different shifting characterisitics with the DCT s/w from our regular M3s?

I drive a RHD M3 with EURO s/w from factory (My car already starts in D2 and remembers my S settings)... Can anyone confirm that this GTS DCT s/w is in fact a more aggressive s/w than say if I went for an upgrade to the most up-to-date EURO DCT s/w for regular M3s from the dealer?
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2013, 09:29 PM   #55
positiveions
Lieutenant General
Lebanon
Rep
Drives: 19 Tacoma, 16 Golf wagon

Garage List
wow, sounds like a promising future software for my car.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2013, 10:21 PM   #56
BIU
Captain
Rep
Drives: M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex@Alpine View Post
Hey, I generally try to stay away from posting on the forums because everyone on some level has something to say, and you have supposed experts who ruin my day all the time.

The GTS software is not available in the traditional fashion everyone is updating or changing their flash to.

US spec
Euro Spec starts in S
Euro Spec starts in D2
GTS DCT

You simply tell me what you want, and I do it for you. The GTS file is very rare, but I have been offering it for sometime now, I never ever ask a customer to post a review, that is why you never hear from me, and the second I open my mouth on the forums I have people questioning and attacking me, and people asking me where I got it from. It is not available in the general manner you guys think, and that is why you see people charging upwards of $1000 for it.

You can ask the OP, when he made this post, I thanked him for the feedback, but in a joking manner I told him "oh no you just caused me a very big headache, and pissed off a lot other vendors." You can ask him.

Anyways, I require you purchase coding as that is what I offer, and as an option, you can purchase flashes from me, such as DCT updates, now to you guys the DCT might seem like it's the world, to me it is a service I offer to you at a very reasonable price. Keep in mind guys, I have no other job, this is my living and my full time job, I'm getting loads of emails arguing prices with me, saying I do not want coding, I do not understand how much cheaper I can offer it, it takes time, energy and overhead costs.

Exactly the response I was looking for, thank you sir

PoweredBy///M: You sir have caused alot of ruckus with your claims

Alex: I have sent you a PM a few days ago for your services. Please let me know if something went wrong along the way or if you would prefer me to send an email? Cheers
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2013, 10:51 PM   #57
The Automotive Enthusiast
Retired BMW Genius
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Audi S5 Coupe

Quote:

US spec
Euro Spec starts in S
Euro Spec starts in D2
GTS DCT

Awesome. Thanks for the clarification. Sorry, folks. Everything I had read said it was just the Euro DCT software. Keep up the hard work, Alex.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2013, 11:33 PM   #58
Alex@Alpine
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoweredBy///M
Quote:

US spec
Euro Spec starts in S
Euro Spec starts in D2
GTS DCT

Awesome. Thanks for the clarification. Sorry, folks. Everything I had read said it was just the Euro DCT software. Keep up the hard work, Alex.
Thank you very much.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2013, 02:42 AM   #59
SlashM3
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 09 E93 M3 interlagos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex@Alpine
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoweredBy///M
Quote:

US spec
Euro Spec starts in S
Euro Spec starts in D2
GTS DCT

Thank you very much.
Pm sent my friend please get back to me.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2013, 04:54 AM   #60
sensi09
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: .

Quote:

Was there a big difference in S4?
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2013, 06:57 AM   #61
0-60Motorsports
Brigadier General
Bahrain
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 JB 04 Coupe

excellent work by Alex.
2011 VW Golf R DSG White/Black
IG: @060Motorsports
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2013, 10:50 PM   #62
NELSON.MLGB
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2010 E92 JB M3

Does the GTS software shift from 1st gear to 2nd gear automatically in S mode?
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2013, 12:35 AM   #63
Leonardo629
Lieutenant Colonel
Taiwan
Rep

S mode never shifts on its own except when you are slowing down
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2013, 12:39 AM   #64
NELSON.MLGB
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2010 E92 JB M3

Quote:
S mode never shifts on its own except when you are slowing down
What might cause this issue? It happened on my friend's Car, he said he got the GTS software.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2013, 12:40 AM   #65
Leonardo629
Lieutenant Colonel
Taiwan
Rep

Sensi, I did more driving today, and the bottom line is GTS program just engages the clutches faster than US program doesn't matter which s mode you are in. GTS Sx is just faster than US Sx mode. You really have to experience it and you'll know @ $60 the reflash really is a no brainer.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2013, 12:42 AM   #66
Leonardo629
Lieutenant Colonel
Taiwan
Rep

Did your friend get it from Alex?
Appreciate 0