BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

EXXEL Distributions

02-25-2013, 01:57 PM   #1607
MidwestGolfBum
Knower of all Things Useless
North Korea
Rep
Drives: Space Grey E92s

I hate low life pieces of shit! Just now getting done dealing with the cops after somebody broke into one of our offices last night. Des Moines keeps getting a little lower on the places I like having an office, this is starting to get ridiculous.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2013, 02:10 PM   #1608
Anthony90
Prime Minister of México.
Mexico
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW X6M

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwestGolfBum View Post
I hate low life pieces of shit! Just now getting done dealing with the cops after somebody broke into one of our offices last night. Des Moines keeps getting a little lower on the places I like having an office, this is starting to get ridiculous.
The office doesn't have some kind of alarm system?
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2013, 02:46 PM   #1609
MidwestGolfBum
North Korea
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony90 View Post
The office doesn't have some kind of alarm system?
Sure, but when it is in a business park there aren't a lot of people around and by the time they broke in, went through the place and left the cops weren't even there yet. I have a good camera system that tracks everything, got license plates, which mean nothing since they were stolen, and everybody involved was wearing masks. Looked as though they knew exactly what they were doing and have done this before, many, many times. Given that we are working on subleasing the space, we have to go back through all the people that had been through there, as well as the management company's people. This has apparently happened in several of their properties they are showing for subleases, so the cops are investigating if it is an inside job.

It's more of a hassle for me than anything, since we don't really have anything in that office. They got maybe $2000 in random monitors and stuff as well as some disk out of an EMC box which is completely useless since it's all old and we were going to throw it out anyways. The window they broke will probably cost me $6000 to replace and the door another $1000 or so by the time I have somebody come and install everything, though the insurance will make everything right by me. There is a snow storm that is going to be coming through tonight, so I have to find a way to deal with the large holes in the side of the building now and had to deal with the cops for almost 4 hours by the time they did printing, let me back in, let me show them the copy of the video, recorded what was missing, etc.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2013, 03:08 PM   #1610
upstatedoc
I'll get back to you
Rep
Drives: blue streak

Quote:
Sure, but when it is in a business park there aren't a lot of people around and by the time they broke in, went through the place and left the cops weren't even there yet. I have a good camera system that tracks everything, got license plates, which mean nothing since they were stolen, and everybody involved was wearing masks. Looked as though they knew exactly what they were doing and have done this before, many, many times. Given that we are working on subleasing the space, we have to go back through all the people that had been through there, as well as the management company's people. This has apparently happened in several of their properties they are showing for subleases, so the cops are investigating if it is an inside job.

It's more of a hassle for me than anything, since we don't really have anything in that office. They got maybe $2000 in random monitors and stuff as well as some disk out of an EMC box which is completely useless since it's all old and we were going to throw it out anyways. The window they broke will probably cost me $6000 to replace and the door another $1000 or so by the time I have somebody come and install everything, though the insurance will make everything right by me. There is a snow storm that is going to be coming through tonight, so I have to find a way to deal with the large holes in the side of the building now and had to deal with the cops for almost 4 hours by the time they did printing, let me back in, let me show them the copy of the video, recorded what was missing, etc.

maybe i don't want to be my own boss, jeesh...
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2013, 03:25 PM   #1611
MidwestGolfBum
North Korea
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by upstatedoc View Post
maybe i don't want to be my own boss, jeesh...
Eh, nobody talks about the good times really. Like this afternoon, I closed a deal, and last week, I traveled the country doing installs. It's way easier to bitch about the bad things than to talk about the good. If you have to opportunity, I would very highly recommend it.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2013, 06:30 PM   #1612
My335iTT
Moooore Power!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Space Grey 335i

Excited at work, the shop just sent me this

SeanE92 - SCAMMER
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2013, 06:58 PM   #1613
BrokenVert
Resident Kerbalnaut
United_States
Rep
Drives: Topless Brute/Hybrid Boogaloo

Quote:
Originally Posted by passing View Post
best way to get over someone is to get under someone else.

remember... better safe than statutory!
lol!

i think im gonna just be me for a bit. Spend money on the 135 rather than the girl.

Roxanne will be with me for years to come, girls, not so much.

Appreciate 0
      02-26-2013, 09:42 AM   #1614
135Pats
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: A few BMWs

1K posts yeayuhhhhh

Morning guys and gals hope the days goin OK. Tuesdays are so meh.

F30 N55 XDrive EBII
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2013, 09:46 AM   #1615
MrRetep
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 435i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by 135Pats View Post
How near is near? Tons of good food in DC, tons of great steak houses. I’d be happy to whip up a list of the ‘fancy’ places in the area if you let me know what type of distance radius we’re talking about, means of transportation, etc etc.
I'll be using cab service to get around, and near enough that a large group of people can make it there directly from the court.

Quote:

Come to the Midwest, we know how to show people a good time. I'm taking them out, so you just have to offer, but it does get a little hard when they are Gov't employees with that whole "bribery" thing. Maybe it doesn't matter in CA
Nope definitely can't do that, could lose my contract and go to jail and so could anyone I chose to take.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenVert View Post
Thus ends my four year relationship. I dont remember how to be single...
Your car will be your new gf.

Quote:

Wow! Sorry to hear that. Lets go hunting
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2013, 09:55 AM   #1616
MrRetep
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
1K posts yeayuhhhhh

Morning guys and gals hope the days goin OK. Tuesdays are so meh.
NOPE! Off Topic doesnt count towards your post #
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2013, 09:56 AM   #1617
BrokenVert
Resident Kerbalnaut
United_States
Rep
Drives: Topless Brute/Hybrid Boogaloo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRetep View Post
Your car will be your new gf.
Well the cars been around for longer than any girl ive dated.

Appreciate 0
      02-26-2013, 10:10 AM   #1618
135Pats
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
NOPE! Off Topic doesnt count towards your post #
Damn I just got got by the forum . I’ll get a few good restaurants together today and tomorrow, there’s plenty to eat around SCOTUS.

F30 N55 XDrive EBII
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2013, 01:43 PM   #1619
MidwestGolfBum
North Korea
Rep

Quote:
I'll be using cab service to get around, and near enough that a large group of people can make it there directly from the court.

Nope definitely can't do that, could lose my contract and go to jail and so could anyone I chose to take.

Wow! Sorry to hear that. Lets go hunting
I use Uber when I travel, easier than cabs and I don't have to carry cash, which I rarely do and I like the cars better. I have a company card that gets charged and I get my black car or suv to come and get me when and where I want. May be worth looking into.

Having a good meal would totally be worth not having a job!

That's my plan, though the more the cops have been looking at it, the more that they are starting to think that it is the management company that has been taking the stuff. They run entirely EMC and we had some shelves in on trade that were just sitting in the office. Conveniently enough, the only big ticket items that were gone was the EMC. They took all of our 450GB and 600GB SAS drives as well as the controllers. I have all the serials and as soon as they "phone home" after post, EMC will be calling both the cops and me. I figure I will get a call this afternoon for that. Idiots...
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2013, 02:33 PM   #1620
135Pats
Major General
United_States
Rep

Gotta love criminals, they take such enormous risks with almost zero foresight in terms of what they’ll actually do with the stolen goods….Sorry you’re the one who has to deal with their stupidity. And Uber is a great service, DC cabs are BAD NEWS.

F30 N55 XDrive EBII
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2013, 03:10 PM   #1621
Colt
Spoolin' & droolin'
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 135i 6MT

Quote:
DC cabs are BAD NEWS.
They are crazy. A while ago I had a cab driver take me from Recher Theatre in Towson to the inner harbor and it took him like 8 minutes to get there lol. He knew when the light would turn red and when it would turn green. We were half a car past the stop line and in motion by the time it turned green every time
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2013, 09:47 AM   #1622
MrRetep
First Lieutenant
Rep

Wednesday!

To BOV or not to BOV?
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2013, 09:57 AM   #1623
MidwestGolfBum
North Korea
Rep

Quote:
Gotta love criminals, they take such enormous risks with almost zero foresight in terms of what they’ll actually do with the stolen goods….Sorry you’re the one who has to deal with their stupidity. And Uber is a great service, DC cabs are BAD NEWS.
Turns out it was the management company that had somehow set up the whole deal. The boxes "phoned home" when the plugged them in at their corporate offices and the cops showed up about 10 minutes later last night late. Good thing, I didn't want to pay for that office any more anyway since we had a new space with a different company already and this is way easier than going through the sublease stuff. I'm glad that they are as dumb as they are, since it payed off for me in the end.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2013, 10:04 AM   #1624
shah269
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009

Appreciate 0
      02-27-2013, 10:17 AM   #1625
135Pats
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Wednesday!

To BOV or not to BOV?
Synapse brah
Quote:
Turns out it was the management company that had somehow set up the whole deal. The boxes "phoned home" when the plugged them in at their corporate offices and the cops showed up about 10 minutes later last night late. Good thing, I didn't want to pay for that office any more anyway since we had a new space with a different company already and this is way easier than going through the sublease stuff. I'm glad that they are as dumb as they are, since it payed off for me in the end.
Wait so the building management company you lease your space from was behind the theft? That’s crazy! Good thing you caught the bastards, what type of legal recourse are you considering (if you don’t mind me asking)?

F30 N55 XDrive EBII
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2013, 10:58 AM   #1626
MrRetep
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Damn I just got got by the forum . I’ll get a few good restaurants together today and tomorrow, there’s plenty to eat around SCOTUS.
Sweet! I'd appreciate that!

Quote:
I use Uber when I travel, easier than cabs and I don't have to carry cash, which I rarely do and I like the cars better. I have a company card that gets charged and I get my black car or suv to come and get me when and where I want. May be worth looking into.

Having a good meal would totally be worth not having a job!

That's my plan, though the more the cops have been looking at it, the more that they are starting to think that it is the management company that has been taking the stuff. They run entirely EMC and we had some shelves in on trade that were just sitting in the office. Conveniently enough, the only big ticket items that were gone was the EMC. They took all of our 450GB and 600GB SAS drives as well as the controllers. I have all the serials and as soon as they "phone home" after post, EMC will be calling both the cops and me. I figure I will get a call this afternoon for that. Idiots...
I had never heard of UBER, it looks like an awesome service. their website shows they offer services in OC so I will be testing it out this weekend

Quote:
HA! That's awesome! (that they got caught, not that youre having to deal with it) are you taking any legal action against the company?

Quote:
Synapse brah
that's actually what I'm leaning towards IF I get a bov. everything else sounds too ricey. the synapse sounds like a nice "whoosh" like a proper release of pressure. Is that what youre running? If so AT or MT?
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2013, 11:10 AM   #1627
135Pats
Major General
United_States
Rep

I’ll throw together that list during lunch today, and I’d agree with how you characterized the Synapse, it’s a nice clean pressure release sound…not the super high pitched/squeaky noise that the HKS unit makes. I’m very happy with mine, though I actually need to clean it off a bit soon, a tiny bit of oil residue is on it after a few months of blow by

F30 N55 XDrive EBII
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2013, 11:44 AM   #1628
Colt
Spoolin' & droolin'
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 135i 6MT

Quote:
that's actually what I'm leaning towards IF I get a bov. everything else sounds too ricey.
My tial doesn't sound ricey....
Appreciate 0