BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 vs....

06-08-2008, 11:18 AM   #23
SlammedR8
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i/2020 R8 V10 Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///MWA View Post
SL55
Did you really beat an SL 55?
They are quick in a straight line cars!
2020 Audi R8 V10 Performance Spyder 6MT - Ascari Blue/Black
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2008, 11:03 PM   #24
Carfreak9922
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30

lol, blue bastard.....
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2008, 08:12 AM   #25
wgf77
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2012 Audi A5

On my way to work today I am merging onto the highway with 4 wideopen lanes and I catch a glipse of a blue Audi leaving the merge line early and heading for the far left lane. I am already in 2nd at about 30 mph. I immediately hit it. I cut straight to the far left and here we go. Did I mention through my quick check of the rearview that this happens to be the RS4? Shift at 8200 and 3rd was the gear that allowed me to pull. Not hard, but it was obvious to the both of us that before the shift into 4th, I had put space between the RS4. I hit the brakes and hauled it down fast. He got up next to me and I was already to give the thumbs up and he pretended he didn't even know he just got his ass kicked. That's okay...we know. One minute later a 335 pulls up (who must have witnessed it) and he proceeded to give the thumbs up. What a fun rush on the way to work.
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2008, 12:37 AM   #26
Davo2003
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 Coupe Jerez and loaded

Quote:
Originally Posted by wgf77 View Post
On my way to work today I am merging onto the highway with 4 wideopen lanes and I catch a glipse of a blue Audi leaving the merge line early and heading for the far left lane. I am already in 2nd at about 30 mph. I immediately hit it. I cut straight to the far left and here we go. Did I mention through my quick check of the rearview that this happens to be the RS4? Shift at 8200 and 3rd was the gear that allowed me to pull. Not hard, but it was obvious to the both of us that before the shift into 4th, I had put space between the RS4. I hit the brakes and hauled it down fast. He got up next to me and I was already to give the thumbs up and he pretended he didn't even know he just got his ass kicked. That's okay...we know. One minute later a 335 pulls up (who must have witnessed it) and he proceeded to give the thumbs up. What a fun rush on the way to work.
Now THAT'S what I'm talking about!
      06-13-2008, 01:53 AM   #27
sayemthree
Major General
Rep
Drives: ‘20 X3mC ‘20 Raptor ‘04 X3 6mt

I beat on a PRius!!!!!
      06-13-2008, 10:01 AM   #28
spearfisher
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: C6 ZO6

Com on guys, let's see some time slips

whether it be 1/8 or 1/4 miles time slips

would be nice to see what these cars can run
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2008, 11:50 AM   #29
jm1234
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 Jet Black/Tan/SA 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wgf77 View Post
No offense, but that wasn't a race. Both people have to be interested and all you did was see another driver moving around slower traffic and you decided to make a "race" out of it. You were in front of him and in the proper gear and gunned it. For all you know he had already shifted to 3rd or 4th. He was behind you when the "race" started and you never let him catch up. Getting caught speeding is one thing, getting caught racing is an entirely different set of penalties. Perhaps the guy didn't want anything to do with racing?

We all know that the RS4 is a tad slower than the M3 but nearly equal and it probably depends on exactly what speed the race starts and ends (gearing and shift points) as well as the condition of each engine. These two cars have been compared ad nauseam and thus there is little new to prove when two stock production versions of these cars "race".
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2008, 01:41 PM   #30
spearfisher
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1234 View Post
No offense, but that wasn't a race. Both people have to be interested and all you did was see another driver moving around slower traffic and you decided to make a "race" out of it. You were in front of him and in the proper gear and gunned it. For all you know he had already shifted to 3rd or 4th. He was behind you when the "race" started and you never let him catch up. Getting caught speeding is one thing, getting caught racing is an entirely different set of penalties. Perhaps the guy didn't want anything to do with racing?

We all know that the RS4 is a tad slower than the M3 but nearly equal and it probably depends on exactly what speed the race starts and ends (gearing and shift points) as well as the condition of each engine. These two cars have been compared ad nauseam and thus there is little new to prove when two stock production versions of these cars "race".
I agree, now a days, LE is too strict and racing penalties are too severe, anyone that tries to race me on the road I let go by, I only do it on the track
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2008, 06:51 PM   #31
Qship2
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 Coupé

Start at 5500-6000 and see what happens- That extra twist up to 8000+ opens up plenty of possibilities.
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2008, 06:58 PM   #32
Qship2
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 Coupé

one more thing. if you can dupe a more powerful or any car into starting in 1st, while you start in 2nd and then rely on torque to wind it out you will avoid the shift, attack from behind, and make the more powerful car's driver look silly while you look like you didn't try at all. nobody wants to run immediately at full speed at the lights. there is always a question and prod period.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2008, 01:18 PM   #33
spearfisher
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qship View Post
one more thing. if you can dupe a more powerful or any car into starting in 1st, while you start in 2nd and then rely on torque to wind it out you will avoid the shift, attack from behind, and make the more powerful car's driver look silly while you look like you didn't try at all. nobody wants to run immediately at full speed at the lights. there is always a question and prod period.
That doesn’t make sense, if you start in 2nd and I’m in 1st I’m going to pull so far ahead of you that there is no way you are going to catch up to me unless I’m in a Accord, especially when a car is faster than you, how are you going to catch him.

You are out of your power band and accelerate your going to get left behind.
The other car in the power band accelerates, and puts 4 or more car lengths on you, how are you going to make that up,
just because the car has longer gears or a higher redline, makes a difference??
I don't get it.
Appreciate 0