BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Cosmetic/Visual (Exterior + Interior) Modifications

EXXEL Distributions

12-12-2019, 09:46 PM   #23
Freiheit
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 Competition Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by roastbeef View Post
I've been badgeless on my car since I swapped trunks for a wing. I was going to buy another gloss black one but the shipping was $15 so I didn't buy it. lol
Beef, would you mind if I scoffed at that wing?
Dinan Stg II Suspension • Remus Race • Gintani CF lip / CF quarter fins • Vorsteiner Type II CF Diffuser • BMW Performance CF Spoiler / black fender gills / black kidney grilles / CF mirror cover • Speed Element GTS CF side skirts • M3 GTS door sills • Lux Angel Eyes • body color reflectors • Alex@Alpine Stg I tune • AA filter

Last edited by Freiheit; 12-12-2019 at 09:58 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2019, 09:56 PM   #24
Freiheit
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richbot View Post
No badge would be better

a) there are like 50 other M3 badges on the car
b) it's cheaper
c) it's lighter
d) it's easier to clean instead of dealing with all those f5!@#$^ing crevices around the badge
e) can't identify you accurately during your cannonball run

A - Only two remain that are visible, those on the side gills. The rest of them are hidden in places that only enthusiactivists care about.
B - I can't roll my eyes back in my head far enough for that one.
C - I just did. Ow.
D - you're lazy
E - they can't catch up to me enough to see the badge. Get with the program.

Quote:
I debadged my Tundra the weekend after I got it. A badge for which engine it has, on each side, the size of my hand, with a bunch of marketing bogus on it? Gone-fishing lined. Bedside TRD OFF ROAD 4X4 HURR DURR WHEEL AND SHOCK AND PLASTIC SKID PLATE PACKAGE stickers the size of my head, heat-gunned. SR5 badges, twice as big as the M3 badges that come on our cars, on each door for some reason? Gone. I suppose now people might not know I have cloth seats unless they look inside. Wish I could have the $5 or whatever TOyota spent on those badges taken off the purchase price. Its' ridiculous. It STILL says Tundra on it in 3 places now. And Toyota in two places. That's still too much but Tundra is a cool vehicle name and the Toyota badging is molded-in so I'm sortof stuck with it.
lol you bought a Tundra.

Quote:
tl;dr - badges are consumerism and marketing gobbledegook run amok wake up sheeple
Badges may be out of hand on all vehicles, but on M vehicles they provoked a unique reaction amongst people who knew what they were. When I got my E36 M3 back in those days, I used to get a small thrill walking out to it wherever it was parked, seeing the shiny M badge on the Alpine White paint. If the M badge wasn't on the car, there wasn't too much else to distinguish it from a lame 325i.

Obviously there is a bigger visual difference between an E92 and the E92 M3 that means you don't really need the badge, but I like the tradition. BMW promised and delivered when they made these cars, so I'd like to keep the signage on there and support the legend.
Dinan Stg II Suspension • Remus Race • Gintani CF lip / CF quarter fins • Vorsteiner Type II CF Diffuser • BMW Performance CF Spoiler / black fender gills / black kidney grilles / CF mirror cover • Speed Element GTS CF side skirts • M3 GTS door sills • Lux Angel Eyes • body color reflectors • Alex@Alpine Stg I tune • AA filter
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2019, 10:00 PM   #25
Kelse92
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Former e92 M3 Owner

Hey, if it floats your boat, do it. Make yourself happy Just also don’t be upset or surprised if a photo of it ends up on one of those Anti-BMW Facebook pages

#ladydriven Heavy-spec M3 // KW Clubsports // AA x-pipe // Gintani muffler // Macht-Schnell intake // Gintani tune // OMP Seats // Too Many Apex Wheels // Stoptech ST-60 // Cobalt Friction brake pads
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2019, 10:19 PM   #26
Freiheit
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelse92 View Post
Hey, if it floats your boat, do it. Make yourself happy Just also don’t be upset or surprised if a photo of it ends up on one of those Anti-BMW Facebook pages
Don't be surprised if there's a rash of people with cameras shoved up their... FB pages.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2019, 10:26 PM   #27
roastbeef
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freiheit View Post
Quote:
I've been badgeless on my car since I swapped trunks for a wing. I was going to buy another gloss black one but the shipping was $15 so I didn't buy it. lol
Mrs beef doesn't care for it either.
      12-12-2019, 10:49 PM   #28
SAMM3Y
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2008 m3

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I hope "Mrs beef" doesn't know you refer to her on a public forum under that label... that's not a badge any woman would be proud to wear!
      12-13-2019, 09:04 AM   #29
Richbot
Major General
Rep
Drives: Jerez Black E90

Quote:
A - Only two remain that are visible, those on the side gills. The rest of them are hidden in places that only enthusiactivists care about.
B - I can't roll my eyes back in my head far enough for that one.
C - I just did. Ow.
D - you're lazy
E - they can't catch up to me enough to see the badge. Get with the program.

lol you bought a Tundra.

Badges may be out of hand on all vehicles, but on M vehicles they provoked a unique reaction amongst people who knew what they were. When I got my E36 M3 back in those days, I used to get a small thrill walking out to it wherever it was parked, seeing the shiny M badge on the Alpine White paint. If the M badge wasn't on the car, there wasn't too much else to distinguish it from a lame 325i.

Obviously there is a bigger visual difference between an E92 and the E92 M3 that means you don't really need the badge, but I like the tradition. BMW promised and delivered when they made these cars, so I'd like to keep the signage on there and support the legend.

I suppose we must all fight against the Tesla owners trying to co-opt the M3 name for themselves. THIS FAR AND NO FARTHER
      12-13-2019, 09:34 AM   #30
roastbeef
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMM3Y View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I hope "Mrs beef" doesn't know you refer to her on a public forum under that label... that's not a badge any woman would be proud to wear!
She married into the beef family.
      12-13-2019, 08:00 PM   #31
Freiheit
Captain
Rep

Quote:

I suppose we must all fight against the Tesla owners trying to co-opt the M3 name for themselves. THIS FAR AND NO FARTHER
Wait wot?

I need details on this.
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2019, 09:14 AM   #32
Richbot
Major General
Rep

I have yet to encounter an enthusiast with a Model 3 who ahs not, at some point referred to his car as "the M3"

If I could strike them all with lightning bolts I would, but there are too many of them

we must resist
      12-16-2019, 07:34 PM   #33
Freiheit
Captain
Rep

Quote:
I have yet to encounter an enthusiast with a Model 3 who ahs not, at some point referred to his car as "the M3"
I'm lol'ing at the idea of "Model 3" and "enthusiast" in the same sentence.

Quote:
If I could strike them all with lightning bolts I would, but there are too many of them
They drive electric cars, that would just make them stronger. You need an EMP to take them out. Added bonus is they suffocate in the car because they can't get it open with the whole system down from the EMP.

Quote:
we must resist
Right on brother.

Appreciate 0
      12-16-2019, 08:26 PM   #34
Bartledoo
Driver
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3 6MT

Garage List
Quote:
I'm lol'ing at the idea of "Model 3" and "enthusiast" in the same sentence.
Yea, they are more like "fanatics". My brother is one of them...
      12-17-2019, 04:41 PM   #35
Helmsman
Major General
Sweden
Rep
Drives: 2011 AW E90 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Bummer, can't tell if its an M3 anymore.
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2019, 10:58 PM   #36
Scrippy
Lord Scrip
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 Coupe

Garage List
  [0.00]
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
All these badges are body clutter but only my opinion. Also I feel like the multiple badges on today's cars are wack! Like many have said we know it's an M and if you don't that's fine but if it didn't come with the badges that's because it's not one. I believe the only M logo that may be added without public ridicule is the license plate frame.
      12-24-2019, 11:28 PM   #37
Freiheit
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrippy View Post
All these badges are body clutter but only my opinion. Also I feel like the multiple badges on today's cars are wack! Like many have said we know it's an M and if you don't that's fine but if it didn't come with the badges that's because it's not one. I believe the only M logo that may be added without public ridicule is the license plate frame.
Really? To me that's always been just a couple shades shy of the old mullet-era front window graphics, like the guys who'd buy an IROC-Z and would have it in huge letters covering the top quarter of the windshield. So not, as bad as that, but possibly worse than M logo valve stem caps.
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2019, 10:03 AM   #38
Scrippy
Lord Scrip
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 Coupe

Garage List
  [0.00]
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrippy View Post
Really? To me that's always been just a couple shades shy of the old mullet-era front window graphics, like the guys who'd buy an IROC-Z and would have it in huge letters covering the top quarter of the windshield. So not, as bad as that, but possibly worse than M logo valve stem caps.
Lol I still see these around.
      01-08-2020, 12:58 PM   #39
Richbot
Major General
Rep

A guy in high school had a grand am with the giant PONTIAC windshield banner

We were absolutely merciless. He could not park up anywhere without somebody saying Hey is that a pontiac?