BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Cosmetic/Visual (Exterior + Interior) Modifications

Mporium BMW

01-22-2020, 10:15 AM   #23
Space Fox
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2012 Space Grey e92 M3 ZCP

Garage List
2012 BMW M3 ZCP  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagasan41 View Post
Gotcha... We'll gotta pay to play as this certainlty isn't going to be cheap.

Fox Red for me as well!

LOL
Ya count me in for some fox red Recaros as well. Thinking about only doing driver's seat as I don't really care if they match/what the passenger thinks.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2020, 01:36 PM   #24
M3ANMACHINE
Admiral
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3 + 2014 F15 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycplumber View Post
Theres a guy on ebay "Recaromax" who sells exactly what you're looking for. I'm in the market for the exact same thing and I've had a few convos with him. He will do it for 5450 USD pair + shipping. The seats are heated and the heating works with your original car system as well
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKJUN75 View Post
Thanks for sharing! Googled him up, is he in Poland? That shipping cost is gonna be significant then...
Quote:
I'm not sure where he is located but if I can guarantee its half the price of ind
Quote:
It's cheaper but not half. I couldn't find him though. I'm thinking about full black seats
Quote:
Shipping is $500
You can contact him through this listing https://www.ebay.com/itm/RECARO-Spor....c100891.m5206
Quote:
Did you ever pull the trigger on a set from him? I wonder if we pay any kind of customs fee, etc?
Quote:
Originally Posted by byroncheung View Post
subscribed... was contemplating for my bamboo beige...
Quote:
We need to see if a group of us can do this and perhaps drive the price down a bit and ensure a more seamless transaction.
Quote:
Originally Posted by amrazM View Post
I’ve been considering getting a pair of the sportster rewrap BMW performance chairs from ricardo. A discount would be cool
Quote:
what desgin are you thinking of?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGN23 View Post
I'd be very interested in doing a group buy. I'm looking for the BMW performance seats in fox red.
Quote:
Originally Posted by amrazM View Post
Fox red with silver BMW m performance stitching.
Quote:
No. I don't do eBay. Also kinda giving up the matching color idea. It's just too expensive
Quote:
Originally Posted by brantp View Post
Ya count me in for some fox red Recaros as well. Thinking about only doing driver's seat as I don't really care if they match/what the passenger thinks.
Hey guys, I just got a set of just the leathers from him and it definitely isn't "cheap", I sourced the Sportsters locally myself and completed the install of the leather myself as well. Definitely not a job for those without some decent automotive knowledge and patience.

He is in very high demand so I doubt any "group buy" discounts would be feasible, BUT you may save a tad on shipping costs for just the upholstery if multiple people are local to one another. Saving on shipping of full seat setups is not going to be possible since it's such a large item.

Absolute bare minimum price for a full set of the seats (used) with whatever color leather you want along with hardware is going to be around $6,000. So if you aren't willing to dish out that much, sorry, it's not gonna happen. If anyone is serious and wants some help sourcing these, I can help you out, just PM me. Also, if you're in SoCal, I am willing to do the install of covers onto your sportsters for you for a fair payment of my time.

Pics and my build link for reference:https://www.m3post.com/forums/showpo...&postcount=110

2011 SG E90 M3 | 2008 AW E90 M3 | 2004 E46 M3
Appreciate 4
Space Fox1042.00
daarts38.50
JsL447.50
6ixSpd6014.50
      01-22-2020, 09:00 PM   #25
6ixSpd
Save the manuals!
Rep
Drives: '16 M3, '23 718 Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3ANMACHINE View Post
Hey guys, I just got a set of just the leathers from him and it definitely isn't "cheap", I sourced the Sportsters locally myself and completed the install of the leather myself as well. Definitely not a job for those without some decent automotive knowledge and patience.
Pics and my build link for reference:https://www.m3post.com/forums/showpo...&postcount=110

Nicely done! I need to get around to installing mine... The hardest part is getting the upholstery back one as it's tricky yet insanely simple once you do it. Took me a few hours to do the first seat, but about 45 mins to finish the second one. Keeping maximum tension while re-installing it beats up your fingers, too.

What mounts/brackets did you end up going with? edit: NVM I see in your build thread. How do you like the height reduction with the MS mounts, and how's the centering position? Some people say they make the driver's seat offset from the center by about 5mm or so... Wonder if that's even noticeable lol.

You can use a heat gun to tighten up some of your looser sports btw

Past: E92 M3, F87 M2, E39 M5, etc
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2020, 03:26 PM   #26
M3ANMACHINE
Admiral
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3 + 2014 F15 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6ixSpd View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3ANMACHINE View Post
Pics and my build link for reference:https://www.m3post.com/forums/showpo...;postcount=110

Nicely done! I need to get around to installing mine... The hardest part is getting the upholstery back one as it's tricky yet insanely simple once you do it. Took me a few hours to do the first seat, but about 45 mins to finish the second one. Keeping maximum tension while re-installing it beats up your fingers, too.

What mounts/brackets did you end up going with? edit: NVM I see in your build thread. How do you like the height reduction with the MS mounts, and how's the centering position? Some people say they make the driver's seat offset from the center by about 5mm or so... Wonder if that's even noticeable lol.

You can use a heat gun to tighten up some of your looser sports btw
Thanks! Yea it's definitely rough on your fingers! Lol

I need to pickup my heat gun from a buddy who borrowed it and that was the plan!

Yes the MS mounts did offset the seat a bit and it's only noticeable initially then you forget about it. Height I'm ok with as I'm 6'0". May consider swapping mounts in the future to get the alignment right tho.
2011 SG E90 M3 | 2008 AW E90 M3 | 2004 E46 M3
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2020, 04:46 PM   #27
Hagasan41
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92 ///M3, 1999 E36 ///M3

@M3ANMACHINE... the seats look incredible! Thank you for sharing the pics. I may have to pull the trigger on a pair from him!
Appreciate 0